ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application after child registration - Place of Issue?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

British passport application after child registration - Place of Issue?

Post by anonvtic » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:57 pm

In section 5 of the UK passport paper application (1-week fast track service), the form asks if the applicant has been registered or naturalised. Since my child was registered as a British citizen, I have answered "Yes" and provided the registration certificate number. So far, so good.

I am confused about the next question, which asks for the "Place of issue" of the registration certificate. What should I fill in this field, since there is no place of birth noted in the child's registration certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport application after child registration - Place of Issue?

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:07 pm

It should say somewhere, Home Office London.

Question is not a deal breaker either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:07 pm
It should say somewhere, Home Office London.

Question is not a deal breaker either.
Thank you. Filled it as "HOME OFFICE LONDON" and submitted the 1-week fast track appointment for the child this morning at HMPO Victoria (London).

Was a quick and efficient process. Arrived 15 mins before my scheduled appointment time, security was smooth, got ticket number and sent to a large waiting hall with plenty of spare seats and with a proper announcement system and screens showing the current ticket numbers being called. Plenty of counters with speedy movement of tickets. My application was with a friendly staff member, who confirmed that all was in order, and that the British passport shall be sent within a week, and that other supporting documents shall be sent by Royal Mail soon thereafter. Spent just 45-50 minutes inside the HMPO building.

Now, onwards to Indian passport surrender and India visa appointments.

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:40 pm

Just wanted to quickly update here that received an HMPO tracking update that the child's British passport has been sent for printing. That was fast! Thanks a lot to everyone who offered their valuable insights in this process.

Don't know how long the return of supporting documents (mainly the original Indian passport) shall take. Surrender of Indian passport and Indian visa applications to follow.