ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ihs refund

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ihs refund

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:01 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:17 pm

There are various definitions in the internet for ielts ukvi selt level equal to a1-is it 4 for listening&speaking (reading&writing scores ignored)? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:19 pm

I suggest you follow the guidance on the UKVI website and book an approved test. If she has already done an approved A1 test, why are you asking about a test again???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:08 pm

her scores are listening-4, reading-4.5, writing-3.5 and speaking-2.5, just checking if speaking should be higher than that

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:23 pm

Probably yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:19 pm

it does say CEFR level 'below B1' though next to the overall band score 3.5 (which means it is above A2, test taken-ielts academic for ukvi), really confusing :?

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:36 pm

Hi guys,
So we got the rejection letter and reasons for refusal are the ones stated in above posts.
One of the reqs we failed is 'The applicant and partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK'. How we can prove this? So after our 1 month wedding period in June, I went back to my country for 2 months recently on the request of my employer because timezone in my country fitted better to client's timezone that I was working on at that time and employer is providing letter to explain this.
Apart from that how we can prove the above req? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:17 pm

Taking out personal details, can you post the full text of the refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:20 pm

that is a long one

'Suitability
Your application does not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of
Appendix FM.
Eligibility
You meet the eligibility requirements of Section E-ECP of Appendix FM.
Eligibility Relationship Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility relationship requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.2.1. to 2.10.
You state that you have been in a relationship with your sponsor and began living
together since June/2022, As evidence of this you have provided only a Marriage
Certificate and Translation dt. June/2022. Therefore, I am not satisfied that your
relationship with your sponsor is genuine and subsisting or that you intend to live
together permanently in the UK. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-
P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.2.6 & 2.10)

Eligibility Financial Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility financial requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1. to 3.4.
You have stated in your Visa Application Form that you meet the financial requirement
through your sponsor’s employment in the UK. I am not able to take into account any
potential employment you have available to you in the UK or any offers of financial
support from third parties. In order to meet the financial requirements of Appendix FM
your sponsor needs a gross income of at least £18,600 per annum. You state that your
sponsor has been employed by Limited since Nov/2021 and earns an
annual salary of GBP 40k range. As evidence of your sponsor’s employment you have
submitted 6 month payslips from January 2022 till June 2022.
The Immigration Rules state that in respect of salaried employment in the UK, all of the

following evidence must be provided (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-
rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence):

(a) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed
by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this
Appendix does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of
application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6
months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this
Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at
paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the
person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
You have not submitted the following required documents as listed above.....
1. Employment letter
2. December 2021 payslip
3. Bank Statements for 6 months prior to the date of application
You have therefore failed to provide the required documents relating to your sponsor’s

employment. These documents are specified in the Immigration Rules in Appendix FM-
SE and must be provided. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-
P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)

Eligibility English Language Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility English language requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.4.1. to
You are not exempt from the English language requirement under paragraph E-ECP.4.2.
You state that you meet the English language requirements of Appendix FM through
IELTS. As evidence of this you have provided IELTS Test Report Form, UKVI number:
IEL/xxx Dt. 28/06/2022 and result was CEFR level – Below B1,
which is not the level of qualification mentioned under E-ECP.4.1. Consequently, I am not
satisfied that you are a national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph
GEN 1.6 or that you have passed an English language test (to A1 Level of the Common
European Framework) with a provider approved by UK Visas. I am also not satisfied that
you have an academic qualification which is either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or
PhD awarded by an educational establishment in the UK; or, if awarded by an
educational establishment outside the UK, is deemed by Ecctis to meet or exceed the
recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, and Ecctis has
confirmed that the degree was taught or researched in English to level A1 of the
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or above. I therefore refuse
your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.
(E-ECP.4.1)
Exceptional Circumstances
We have considered, under paragraphs GEN.3.1. and GEN.3.2. of Appendix FM as
applicable, whether there are exceptional circumstances in your case which could or
would render refusal a breach of Article 8 of the ECHR because it could or would result in
unjustifiably harsh consequences for you or your family. In so doing we have taken into
account, under paragraph GEN.3.3. of Appendix FM, the best interests of any relevant
child as a primary consideration.
Refusal under the Partner Rules
In light of the above, your application is refused under paragraph D-ECP.1.3.of Appendix
FM with reference to paragraph EC-P.1.1.(d) and you do not qualify for entry clearance
on the 5-year partner route, or on the 10-year partner route on the basis of exceptional
circumstances, under Appendix FM.
NEXT STEPS ROA
RIGHT OF APPEAL
You have 28 days from the date you receive this decision to appeal. Information on how
to appeal, the appeal process and the fees payable are all available online at:
https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-t ... ide-the-uk
If you want to seek legal advice you must do so now.
Last edited by shohjura on Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:22 pm

looking at the long list of so many missing docs, they prob even forgot to include accommodation evidence

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:28 pm

So exactly what has been said.

No evidence of subsisting relationship, no evidence of suitable accommodation and intention to live in the UK and your lack of submitting the mandatory financial evidence and not meeting the English requirement.

I would strongly suggest against an employer letter stating it is more suitable to work from your home country, this would totally defeat the purpose of a spouse visa to live in the UK. Stay in the UK for work and do the application properly.

It's a shame you rushed this application without doing a good amount of proper reading and research first.

Apply again addressing all the points and submitting what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:32 pm

agreed, in short it was a rushed application

so I think this is what is missing for reapplication
-accommodation evidence
-evidence of subsisting relationship
-evidence of intention to live together permanently in the UK after you apply-what do you suggest to include to prove this please? If I don't mention about my 2 months in my country for work trip/holiday, they prob wouldn't know?
-financial docs-payslips, employment letter, p60, bank statements
-cefr a1 (ielts ukvi academic speaking and listening 4.0 or ielts life skills a1)
please point out anything I am missing, thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:46 pm

so I think this is what is missing for reapplication
-accommodation evidence
-evidence of subsisting relationship
-evidence of intention to live together permanently in the UK after you apply-what do you suggest to include to prove this please? If I don't mention about my 2 months in my country for work trip/holiday, they prob wouldn't know?
They might know but you travelling is irrelevant to the application. No need to draw attention to it. However, if UKVI try to contact you, they might not be able to reach you on a UK mobile number if you are abroad. Intention to live is the subsisting relation evidence and accommodation evidence.
-financial docs-payslips, employment letter, p60, bank statements
P60 is not required if all the rest is submitted.
-cefr a1 (ielts ukvi academic speaking and listening 4.0 or ielts life skills a1)
Not academic, she isn't applying for a student visa. She needs A1 IELTS life skills from a UKVI approved test and test provider.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:51 pm

she studied for ielts academic for some time, so she would take that one (from British council website, I see either ielts life skills a1 or ielts ukvi academic listening and speaking 4 is accepted for spouse visa) and take life skills a1 as well for security, whichever she passes, we will submit it

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:58 pm

She needs A1 IELTS life skills for a spouse visa. IELTS academic is for student visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:01 pm

ok, you mean if she has the ielts academic (4), it will not be accepted ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:06 pm

Do what you wish. Your choice if you want to take the risk again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:07 pm

for reference, I was looking at this
https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ta ... ukvi/score

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:11 pm

It clearly states IELTS life skills A1 minimum 4 and not the academic test!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:20 pm

I think it is saying
IELTS Life Skills at A1 – Pass or
IELTS for UKVI – 4.0 in Speaking and Listening
(IELTS for UKVI can be used where IELTS Life Skills is required. Test takers would need to a score of 4.0 or above in Speaking and Listening (scores for Reading and Writing will be ignored), there are 3 IELTS for UKVI which are IELTS Academic, IELTS General Training and IELTS Life Skills, so IELTS for UKVI mentioned above must be IELTS academic for UKVI

here is the source
https://www.ielts.org/about-ielts/ielts ... plications

understand I might be wrong, but it also helps clear up confusion for others as well going forward, thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:28 pm

Again, the link clearly states it is IELTS life skills A1 required and sub point 2 is relevant NOT sub point 3.

You are not reading the information correctly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:49 pm

digging around the forum for similar questions, I can see there is a longstanding feud between ielts academic and you guys, what is the reason for this :) is it if you submit the ielts academic, it confuses the ECO?

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:17 am

and here is what is coming from the horse's mouth https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-327700

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:05 am

shohjura wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:17 am
and here is what is coming from the horse's mouth https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-327700
Useful not to rely on posts from 2012. The requirements change and have changed frequently since then.

As I said, do as you wish and take the risk. It is your money. Not meeting the English requirement has already been a reason for refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:47 am

shohjura wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:49 pm
digging around the forum for similar questions, I can see there is a longstanding feud between ielts academic and you guys, what is the reason for this :) is it if you submit the ielts academic, it confuses the ECO?
Some may scale through using IELTS Academics, however as the requirements clearly states Lifeskills and it gets refused solely due to this, how would you take it? The choice is yours.