ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PGD from BITES

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

candyshop

Post by candyshop » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:31 pm

dharuv wrote:
candyshop wrote:
tsmoussa wrote:thank you, thank you, thank you FM

BITE college has been hit hard by rumours, I've been studying there for the last one year or so, I can assure you that BITE is a proper institution with genuine studentds all round, with high attendance percentage, tutors of best quality, highly paid, one lecturer told me he got paid £300 a day.

I went to other colleges as well before, the least i can say it's very poor environment, max of 4 to 5 students in a session.

from my experience I can tell the difference between BITE and other colleges, and I know HO can see that as well.
As far as i know the BITE is a diploma machine and currently HO is investigating this college. I know number of student paid 2000 to 2500 to get PGD. I can not understand that all these crying student have PGD, when just after one more samester you can get MSc.

2nd, in another forum a person claimed to be an official of HO says that last year they receive 400 student visa applications from BITE but this the number of application from BITE for PSW visa is in thousands which put a big question mark on authunticity of the college. But so far BITE is under investigation and thier application are on hold, not only BITE but also many other colleges too. HO is treating other applications as normal. My brother received his PSW after 4 weeks as he recently completed his MSc from brunel university.

my brother,

if i was going to get my PSW from PGD why should i spend 2000-2500 from BITE because i might have bought same from CCL as per this foram i read somewhere that it cost only 800-1000 pound...

one more thing if go and check that course also cost same amount so why should i buy because i can study also with the same amount ....people prefer to study my friend rather then buy with the same price....
Dear I am not here to pin point some one. Good Luck to you and everybody those have this problem and I wish you best of luck but one thing you believe me or not, dodgy qualification can be ranked by the reputation of the college. No doubt BITE had very good reputation among colleges that is why thier diplomas were expensive than the other colleges and you need to remember that they have remarks from Tony Blair on thier website and BAC accridition so these are some reasons but this is truth that they sold diplomas which we can not deny. Good Luck to everybody and Happy New Year.

dharuv
Newly Registered

Post by dharuv » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:52 pm

candyshop wrote:
dharuv wrote:
candyshop wrote:
tsmoussa wrote:thank you, thank you, thank you FM

BITE college has been hit hard by rumours, I've been studying there for the last one year or so, I can assure you that BITE is a proper institution with genuine studentds all round, with high attendance percentage, tutors of best quality, highly paid, one lecturer told me he got paid £300 a day.

I went to other colleges as well before, the least i can say it's very poor environment, max of 4 to 5 students in a session.

from my experience I can tell the difference between BITE and other colleges, and I know HO can see that as well.
As far as i know the BITE is a diploma machine and currently HO is investigating this college. I know number of student paid 2000 to 2500 to get PGD. I can not understand that all these crying student have PGD, when just after one more samester you can get MSc.

2nd, in another forum a person claimed to be an official of HO says that last year they receive 400 student visa applications from BITE but this the number of application from BITE for PSW visa is in thousands which put a big question mark on authunticity of the college. But so far BITE is under investigation and thier application are on hold, not only BITE but also many other colleges too. HO is treating other applications as normal. My brother received his PSW after 4 weeks as he recently completed his MSc from brunel university.

my brother,

if i was going to get my PSW from PGD why should i spend 2000-2500 from BITE because i might have bought same from CCL as per this foram i read somewhere that it cost only 800-1000 pound...

one more thing if go and check that course also cost same amount so why should i buy because i can study also with the same amount ....people prefer to study my friend rather then buy with the same price....
Dear I am not here to pin point some one. Good Luck to you and everybody those have this problem and I wish you best of luck but one thing you believe me or not, dodgy qualification can be ranked by the reputation of the college. No doubt BITE had very good reputation among colleges that is why thier diplomas were expensive than the other colleges and you need to remember that they have remarks from Tony Blair on thier website and BAC accridition so these are some reasons but this is truth that they sold diplomas which we can not deny. Good Luck to everybody and Happy New Year.

Dear sir,

i am not denying any of your argument as u know "u can't smell smoke without fire"
but why should i have to suffer for wrong doing of this greedy colleges owners.....

dominator
Newly Registered

Post by dominator » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:26 pm

dharuv wrote:
candyshop wrote:
dharuv wrote:
candyshop wrote:

my brother,

Dear sir,

i am not denying any of your argument as u know "u can't smell smoke without fire"
but why should i have to suffer for wrong doing of this greedy colleges owners.....
first of all i would like to wish you all happy new year. sencondly i dont know anything about this havoc going on. I am doing MSc from one of these listed colleges and as far as i am aware i attend almost every class very regularly and doing all I can to pass it with good merits.
now i am bit concern about lots of these suitation coming in so here are my questions to you guys.
a. what will happen to me and lots of other students in these colleges if the college closes. the course ran are accrediated by universities in uk itself and we get to utilise the facilities of these universities and have been given id cards to do so.
b. i specially renew my visa to study this course because it is very demanding and is only ran by this college with the approval of university.
c. my intention is to complete this course and i am bit concerned about the credibility of the degree that i will obtain as the university mentions the name of the college in the degree too. and further more there are well qualified professors who take the lecture with large number of student 500 (BSc,MSc and MBA) or more student coming very regularly to attent their class.
guide me through guys. i would appreciate an honest answer. and more over Mr. Frontier Mole your opinoin please.

candyshop

Post by candyshop » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:04 am

dominator wrote:
dharuv wrote:
candyshop wrote:
dharuv wrote:

my brother,

Dear sir,

first of all i would like to wish you all happy new year. sencondly i dont know anything about this havoc going on. I am doing MSc from one of these listed colleges and as far as i am aware i attend almost every class very regularly and doing all I can to pass it with good merits.
now i am bit concern about lots of these suitation coming in so here are my questions to you guys.
a. what will happen to me and lots of other students in these colleges if the college closes. the course ran are accrediated by universities in uk itself and we get to utilise the facilities of these universities and have been given id cards to do so.
b. i specially renew my visa to study this course because it is very demanding and is only ran by this college with the approval of university.
c. my intention is to complete this course and i am bit concerned about the credibility of the degree that i will obtain as the university mentions the name of the college in the degree too. and further more there are well qualified professors who take the lecture with large number of student 500 (BSc,MSc and MBA) or more student coming very regularly to attent their class.
guide me through guys. i would appreciate an honest answer. and more over Mr. Frontier Mole your opinoin please.
Dear Dominator,

I understand that you are a genuine a student and unfrotunately if college found guilty of visa scam then your qualification would be useless and wont be recognised by bodies like NARIC etc. HO will treat all the students of dodgy colleges in the same even if they were genuine.

dominator
Newly Registered

Post by dominator » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:38 pm

candyshop wrote:
dominator wrote:
dharuv wrote:
candyshop wrote:

Dear sir,

Dear Dominator,

I understand that you are a genuine a student and unfrotunately if college found guilty of visa scam then your qualification would be useless and wont be recognised by bodies like NARIC etc. HO will treat all the students of dodgy colleges in the same even if they were genuine.
thanks for the response,
does the condition applies even if the certification is through the university while the course is ran by the college

salam123

Re: 100% proper and genuine college

Post by salam123 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:53 pm

tsmoussa wrote:BITE is 100% proper and genuine college and shouldn't be mentioned in this way, we all students at BITE are genuine and we do study for our degrees, so please don't ask that kind of questions

best regards for all
I know a real list of bites student who paid 2500 pounds to buy certificate......................SO HOW GENUINE STUDENT R THEY?????

AND U ALSO MY FRIEND???????

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:25 am

dominator wrote:first of all i would like to wish you all happy new year. sencondly i dont know anything about this havoc going on. I am doing MSc from one of these listed colleges and as far as i am aware i attend almost every class very regularly and doing all I can to pass it with good merits.
guide me through guys. i would appreciate an honest answer. and more over Mr. Frontier Mole your opinoin please
Hello dominator

If your MSc is awarded by the University, then it should be recognised worldwide. If you really are concerned have you thought about transfering to finish the MSc at the Uni itself?

Have you checked that the name of the college will be on the certificate?

500 students looked after by one professor is a lot. How do they manage their tutorials?

Good luck, you are in a better position than students who are studying for qualifications awarded by the colleges themselves.

Regards

PP

dominator
Newly Registered

Post by dominator » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:42 am

PaperPusher wrote:
dominator wrote:first of all i would like to wish you all happy new year. sencondly i dont know anything about this havoc going on. I am doing MSc from one of these listed colleges and as far as i am aware i attend almost every class very regularly and doing all I can to pass it with good merits.
guide me through guys. i would appreciate an honest answer. and more over Mr. Frontier Mole your opinoin please
Hello dominator

If your MSc is awarded by the University, then it should be recognised worldwide. If you really are concerned have you thought about transfering to finish the MSc at the Uni itself?

Have you checked that the name of the college will be on the certificate?

500 students looked after by one professor is a lot. How do they manage their tutorials?

Good luck, you are in a better position than students who are studying for qualifications awarded by the colleges themselves.

Regards

PP
first and foremost thanks for the info...
I said there are around 500 students studying different subject BSc, MSc and MBA which are recognised by the university.and there are around 30 or more lecturer for these subjects where almost all of them are phd doctor.
and about the mentioning of the college name yes the university does that I have see that in a friends certificate who recently graduated from there.
I have though about doing my final semester in the university itself but the problem is university doesnot provide the same course hence i need to be dependent on the exemption to transfer into another but similar course. for which i did checkwith the university itself they say i need to obtain permission from the college to do so.
I personnal know lots of student who are very committed to their studies and are in the same confusion as i am right now.
so guys help me out here and make sure no nonsense please.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:57 am

Ok dominator

I just had visions of some star lecturer with oversubscribed classes.

Have you told your college that you want to transfer, perhaps the MSc that you will get from the uni will suit your career better :wink:

What is the name of your college? Perhaps it is a rock solid, long established, reputable private college.

Could you finish your MSc at another uni?

This is what the Bologna agreement was meant to facilitate - use a search engine of your choice for that!

The impact of college scandals affects more than those directly implicated unfortunately.

All the best

dominator
Newly Registered

Post by dominator » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:28 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Ok dominator

Have you told your college that you want to transfer, perhaps the MSc that you will get from the uni will suit your career better :wink:

What is the name of your college? Perhaps it is a rock solid, long established, reputable private college.

This is what the Bologna agreement was meant to facilitate - use a search engine of your choice for that!

The impact of college scandals affects more than those directly implicated unfortunately.

All the best
thanks man for your response,
that is what i was afraid of i will finish off my exam and during the vacation i am going to look for university the problem here is that i have paid my fee to the college and i need to pay extra for other one.
let see hope i can sort out the financial matter.
it is well established and let me not take the name of the college but no college are immune to all of these sandal.
i have greatly appreciated you response thanks once again.

b52

BITE diploma refused

Post by b52 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:42 pm

My friend got PSW application refused, reason 'BITES refused to confirm certificates'.
HO accused him of using deception.

dominator
Newly Registered

Post by dominator » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:45 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Ok dominator

All the best
one more thing P.P
what if I change the college or university will that effect my leave to remain if and when the college is closed. this really saddness me man so many people are being deceived what will happen to student like me. will they too revoke my visa or how does it work [insight] please.
regards

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:02 am

Hi again dominator

If you complete the masters at another uni, I cannot see how UKBA can say you were not a genuine student. Especially if your work at your current college counts towards you final masters. I would just keep any evidence you have of your studies just to be on the safe side.

If you have been genuinely studying, you have been genuinely studying.

There are some good private colleges out there, so you may be worrying unneccessarily.

All the best.

PP

dominator
Newly Registered

Post by dominator » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:47 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Hi again dominator

If you complete the masters at another uni, I cannot see how UKBA can say you were not a genuine student. Especially if your work at your current college counts towards you final masters. I would just keep any evidence you have of your studies just to be on the safe side.

There are some good private colleges out there, so you may be worrying unneccessarily.

All the best.

PP
cheers bro it is nice to hear good things one in a while. i am a studying seriously. what kind of evidence are u talking about submission of course work, class attendance e.t.c please do highlight them.
i shall look for other university or college to transfer my first semester as soon as i finish my exam. hopefully i get a transfered in to second semester. let see. i need to give ielts also as it has expired.
thank a many for your positive response.
regards

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:07 pm

dominator wrote:

All the best.

PP
cheers bro it is nice to hear good things one in a while. i am a studying seriously. what kind of evidence are u talking about submission of course work, class attendance e.t.c please do highlight them.
i shall look for other university or college to transfer my first semester as soon as i finish my exam. hopefully i get a transfered in to second semester. let see. i need to give ielts also as it has expired.
regards
Hello again

I am not going to tell you what evidence to keep, becasue unfortunatley I think there may be some bogus students on here, and I do not want to give them any ideas.

I will tell you this, you have evidence about your course, and what you have been doing. I suggest that you keep it if you are worried.

Regards

salam123

Post by salam123 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:10 am

PaperPusher wrote:
dominator wrote:

All the best.

PP
regards
Hello again

I am not going to tell you what evidence to keep, becasue unfortunatley I think there may be some bogus students on here, and I do not want to give them any ideas.

I will tell you this, you have evidence about your course, and what you have been doing. I suggest that you keep it if you are worried.

Regards
don't worry ho not going to call u for interview...........