ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upcoming Ceremony in 2023/4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Upcoming Ceremony in 2023

Post by jesonnn » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:31 pm

snoil wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:35 pm
I paid on 8 December, so over 6 month wait. Tough process that will be almost two full years from the date I mailed my app. My wife mailed on same day and she does not even have e-vetting letter yet.

I wonder how long it will be for invitations so people can book accomodations?
In spite of discussion how the process bad, generally,based on experience of others they send the invitation prior to 4-8 weeks before ceremony. There is no official statement about that.
Well,so far all of my forecasts became true, :) , i would expect the invitation process could start after Irish Easter

snoil
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by snoil » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:22 am

jesonnn wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:31 pm
In spite of discussion how the process bad, generally,based on experience of others they send the invitation prior to 4-8 weeks before ceremony. There is no official statement about that.
Well,so far all of my forecasts became true, :) , i would expect the invitation process could start after Irish Easter
Last edited by snoil on Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

snoil
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by snoil » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:22 am

jesonnn wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:31 pm
That is an awful user experience. Invitations should start to go out as they are ready so people can plan their lives. Waiting for months does makes it hard for people, pushing time off requests from work. This in turns makes it hard on co-workers and businesses. Not to mention that there are items in people's personal lives that need to be planned. What if the person wants to invite another person that needs to travel? Waiting until later will make the travel more expensive.

This is yet another example of how the process is very poor and continues to create problems that are very, very easily fixable. It would not take any type of huge investment or initiative to simply let people know on a rolling basis.

roamingbee
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by roamingbee » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:40 pm

Does anyone know the schedule for citizenship ceremonies? Do you have to attend both dates? Is it 9am-5pm?

It's a good 6 hour drive for me so I'm wondering if it's even possible to drive home afterword.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:09 pm

roamingbee wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:40 pm
Does anyone know the schedule for citizenship ceremonies? Do you have to attend both dates? Is it 9am-5pm?

It's a good 6 hour drive for me so I'm wondering if it's even possible to drive home afterword.
You get a slot for your ceremony when the invitation is issued (for example June 19th, 10:30); not sure how long the process itself will take, I think 2 hours was mentioned.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:55 pm

Hello folks,

I just received an email invitation for Citizenship Ceremony in the RDS, Ballsbridge on Friday 10th March 2023. There is no announcement on the website, the latest update regarding ceremonies is that there will be one on June 19 & 20 as per this announcement.

Here is a screenshot of my email. Notice the Yes/No button to at the end of the email. Has anyone here gotten such an email? I wonder if it's genuine as it's sent using a third party - cvent-planner.com. Also, the Yes/No button is a red flag.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:28 pm

professor_007 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:55 pm
Hello folks,

I just received an email invitation for Citizenship Ceremony in the RDS, Ballsbridge on Friday 10th March 2023. There is no announcement on the website, the latest update regarding ceremonies is that there will be one on June 19 & 20 as per this announcement.

Here is a screenshot of my email. Notice the Yes/No button to at the end of the email. Has anyone here gotten such an email? I wonder if it's genuine as it's sent using a third party - cvent-planner.com. Also, the Yes/No button is a red flag.
That looks like scam to me. They never used to send invites via email. And bringing some printout text also doesn't make sense. I feel like they will ask for some payment if you answer to that invite.

Edit:

I just saw this post:
happyj wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:28 pm
Application Based On: NON-EU - 5 years
Applied Date: 09/09/2021
Application received Date: 10/09/2021
Acknowledgement Date: 21/11/2021 (passport returned+ receipt+ acknowledgement)
E-Vetting Invitation received (by post): 04/10/2022 and returned on 05/10/2022
E-Vetting Link received by email: 10/10/2022
E-Vetting Disclosure viewed: 20/10/2022
Approval: 16/12/2022
Paid 950: 21/12/2022
Fee approval: 02/02/2023
Citizenship ceremony invite: 24/02/2023
Date of Ceremony: 10/03/2023
I really wonder what is going on actually. Either someone is sending out fake emails to citizen applications (that somehow they got their email address) or they changed process (which I doubt).

I got approval in December 2022 and I didn't get any email like this. If I do, I will update the timeline but it doesn't make sense really.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:44 pm

One of the FB groups also has news about few people getting the same invite. So if this is scam it's a really good organized process or it's huge mess on Citizenship team side. Let's see

AAP1977
Ireland

Post by AAP1977 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:06 pm

This is no scam, some of my mates got the same email, you can Query with the Citizenship dept, it might take a while for a response.

No scammer can be that organised.

juleppe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by juleppe » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:09 pm

I got the email too:

Congratulations, I am pleased to inform you that the Minister for Justice intends to grant your application for a certificate of naturalisation at a citizenship ceremony in the RDS, Ballsbridge on Friday 10th March 2023.
Please attend for registration at 11:00am at the RDS Anglesea Road entrance, Hall 2.
You must bring this email and your current passport/travel doc/IRP card (even if it is out of date) with you for registration purposes...

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:15 pm

I tried to test it.
The Yes/No took me to this webpage. I tried entering some random data to see if it works and clearly, it didn't - screenshot

When I closed the message it brought me here

So it does seem to be genuine. But yes as someone mentioned, it's better to confirm with the department before submitting any more details.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:19 pm

professor_007 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:15 pm
I tried to test it.
The Yes/No took me to this webpage. I tried entering some random data to see if it works and clearly, it didn't - screenshot

When I closed the message it brought me here

So it does seem to be genuine. But yes as someone mentioned, it's better to confirm with the department before submitting any more details.
Can you please right click on the link that says "download fidelity to nation form" and bring it with you? It should be a file that is stored on justice.ie website. If its hosted form on a shady website then it's scam for sure.

Someone else said they clicked yes, type in their name email and nationality, but it doesn't make sense why ISD would ask for your nationality.

Edit: Found the link, the pdf is hosted on event planner website's domain so I am not sure.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:27 pm

I dig thru that link more and more and found privacy policy from 2021 for Citizenship Celebratory Event via Zoom. If this was fake, I don't think they would bother going that complicated. All the privacy policy links and contens looks well made thou.

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:02 pm

Hope it's not another data breach/hack. If it is then, it's a very seriousn one.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:58 pm

professor_007 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:02 pm
Hope it's not another data breach/hack. If it is then, it's a very seriousn one.
Thanks for sharing all details, hmm, looks like scam until any official statement or press-release

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:00 pm

A March ceremony is in line with what I said earlier and in line with the department’s movement recently.

INIS do not broadcast smaller scale ceremonies outside of Kerry. That’s not unusual in any way.

What I am not sure is the use of that cvent.com website. They have not used such websites previously and it looks generic enough.

You can always email and check with INIS before entering your details.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:03 am

If it’s a scam, what would they be trying to scam? Money? Or identity?

if it’s legit, there wouldn’t be any requests for payments.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:53 pm

jbminger wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:03 am

Looks like identity, but really, hard to say here since no official statement. They get names email and nationality, what for that last option?? Department knows the nationality while application received

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:18 pm

jbminger wrote:

Well few options. They can get your details then they can send another email asking for payment for ceremony few days before the supposed to be ceremony?

In any case lets see what ISD will say about the email.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:09 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:18 pm
jbminger wrote:

Well few options. They can get your details then they can send another email asking for payment for ceremony few days before the supposed to be ceremony?

In any case lets see what ISD will say about the email.
Aren't you suppose to pay 950 only via the ISD online portal? They can theoretically ask for money, but anything other than 950 (which is already supposed to be paid) is a dead giveaway something's off.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

juleppe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by juleppe » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm

Cvent is hired by the department of justice to manage the event. The link to accept the invitation is unique with a prefilled token. Eur.cvent Europe event.
They are NOT spoofing the email from department of justice Citizenshipinfo@justice.ie as they are using their own servers. Also,
They have used them in the past since the pandemic.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:59 pm

There is an email address in the information they provide in
https://custom-eur.cvent.com/6E3A1D579D ... c0ba47.pdf that one can use if s/he has any doubts about the validity of the invitations.
As a matter of fact they mention two ceremonies scheduled on 10th March 2023.

I think that the immigration department wants as much revenue as possible as quickly as possible, so it makes sense to hold as many citizenship ceremonies they can in a year. It also makes sense to streamline the process so that they will reduce the number of "unfinished applications", for example people who although are approved they do not pay to finalise the process, or people who do not show up in their scheduled citizenship ceremony.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:20 am

Nala2021 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:59 pm
https://custom-eur.cvent.com/6E3A1D579D ... c0ba47.pdf that one can use if s/he has any doubts about the validity of the invitations.

I think that the immigration department wants as much revenue as possible as quickly as possible, so it makes sense to hold as many citizenship ceremonies they can in a year. It also makes sense to streamline the process so that they will reduce the number of "unfinished applications", for example people who although are approved they do not pay to finalise the process, or people who do not show up in their scheduled citizenship ceremony.
Yes but they never announced March 2023 ceremony. Besides there are few unusual things like print out and bring fidelity to nation to sign it there then we will post you naturalization cert few weeks later. Why bring all the people there if they won’t take an oath to nationality and instead just sign a paper? Or why not give certs there as people will say “yes” if they want to attend to ceremony and they will know who is coming.

I got approval in December 2022 and payment processed email on beginning of January 2023 but I didn’t get that email.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:36 am

mentalmind wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:20 am
Nala2021 wrote:

Yes but they never announced March 2023 ceremony. Besides there are few unusual things like print out and bring fidelity to nation to sign it there then we will post you naturalization cert few weeks later. Why bring all the people there if they won’t take an oath to nationality and instead just sign a paper? Or why not give certs there as people will say “yes” if they want to attend to ceremony and they will know who is coming.

I got approval in December 2022 and payment processed email on beginning of January 2023 but I didn’t get that email.
Might be confined to Dublin-based applicants only as it's in RDS, but that's just a theory.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:42 am

mentalmind wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:20 am
Nala2021 wrote:

Same here, got approval Dec 22,payment processed 6th Jan 23, nothing