ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - BRP renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - BRP renewal

Post by Curious2012 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:09 am

Ch26ry wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:09 pm
Hi, as been reading all the previous post I would to add that I have recently apply for a new brp rc online. As to confirm my application was free no payment require for the replacement card. I just want to share my application process to all, hope it will help.

After submitting online application to UK Visas & Immigration, I received notification to book and attend an appointment with a commercial partner to provide your documents and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph).

I booked the appointment for the 09th October because it was free

Online application: 12/09/2023
Biometrics: 09/10/2023
Biometric Location: Cardiff
Confirmation email received on : 23/10/2023
Date new BRP received: 7 working days

Received confirmation email today stated that my application has been successfully and will receive my new card in 7 working days

(Note: my card was expired in June 2022, a year ago and only realised in September. I have indefinite leave to remain)

Hope that these info do help others
Are you able to recall and share list of documents asked for submission for the ILR BRP renewal? Also for an ILR BRP renewal do they ask for periods of absences longer than 6 months? Asking this as it seems strange because when an ILR was initially granted, it stipulates absence from the UK longer than 2 years for the validity to lapse.

Rover1964
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: ILR - BRP renewal

Post by Rover1964 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:10 pm

Posting an update on our timeline.

Overall, it was 3 weeks beyond 6 months.

Online submit application: February 2023
Biometrics and documents appointment: April 2023 London
Confirmation email of receipt of documents: April 2023
New BRP card received October 27th 2023

There were no complications or unusual circumstances. It was a straight forward renewal of a previous card.
It just took a very very long time, and there was nothing that could be done to speed up the process. Strangely, we received notification from the UKVI the week after the BRP card had arrived.

The timelines seems to vary greatly.

Good luck everyone, and best wishes for a smooth process.