ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on ILR form submission

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baljitsingh197701
India

Re: Query on ILR form submission

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:45 pm

Hi There,

Whilst submitting ILR application i have been asked "Convictions and other penalties"

I have been alleged for Speeding - exceed 30 mph in accordance with "Section 1 of the traffic offenders Act 1988" on 20 Sept 2022 and I have challenged this decision but haven't received any response back from them. When I sent them email (I have also responded to notice via online) they replied on 2 Nov 2022 stating, "Unfortunately the matter has been referred to the Magistrates and you will hear from them in due course." but I haven't heard anything from court till today (8+ months) and did send chaser email to SRU Public Enquiries (which is local police) on 24 Jan 2023 but they didn't respond.

Therefore, wanted to check I should put "No, I have never had any of these" in the form and that is okay?

At any time have you ever had any of the following,
in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example
disqualification for speeding or no motor
insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently
on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other out-ofcourt
penalty
A civil court judgment against you, for
example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy
proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration

Below was scenario for challenging this.

"I took test drive of the car and during test drive I have seen light on dashboard which disappeared later. I came back to Garage and notified light on dashboard to garage owner and then Garage man drove the car and he had tried all the aspect to reproduce the issue (light on dashboard). When offence took place the Garage man was driving the car, and someone is sitting in front passenger seat, and I was sitting at back. Therefore, I have witness (someone) that I wasn’t driving the car during the offence time".

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:31 pm

No, it is not a conviction
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:08 am

Thanks, so i dont need to put this in additional notes too either?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:11 am

baljitsingh197701 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:08 am
Thanks, so i dont need to put this in additional notes too either?
Optional
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice