ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Post by HappyDuck » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:09 pm

Sunflower35 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:39 pm
I got my cert today , attended 20th June ceremony.
Ah, some hope to save this thread finally! Thank you kind stranger.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:14 am

Imagine the case of 2020/2021 applicants whose application is still being processed even after spending 24 months. if they hv patience why cant people waiting for certificates. there is room for improvement. iam sure justice department will improve in the coming years.
t1907fb07 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:56 pm
I meant / blamed / talked / wrote / complained ( i couldnt login with other account) about waiting time and getting no info but if you want to understand from my complaint getting citizenship is a punishment all up to you mate . check your brain or not. So ⬇️

THERE IS NO EVEN SMALL INFO. SO IF YOU DONT MIND CAN I COMPLAIN AND TALK ABOUT IT?

Thank you..
GoWentGone123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:39 pm
Unnecessary blaming and moaning never helps. Ireland have granted you Citizenship and it's a life sentence and punishment? Why don't you please renounce it and will be free to walk on earth.

t1907fb1923 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:07 pm
I have attented ceremony at 20th June.
I have send an email nearly everyday last 2 weeks.
There is no even 1 answer for certificate.

Its like a unfinished punishment.
I was very happy for approval but now its like a nothing. I dont want to talk in a bad way but its a life sentence.

You dont know what u r waiting and how long but you are waiting. Unbelievable.. now you can see why the young Irish people dont stay here.

I have also send an email to Minister.. her secretary replied me and said contact to citizenship department..😀😀😀😀😀😀

The worst part is you dont know how long you will wait.. perfect job 👏 perfect

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:49 am

As a 2021 applicant, I think everyone has rights to complain, and to be honest, this should push the department for getting proper actions for the improvements. Regardless of when the applicant's application date is, waiting for the certificate for long is a problem. They should have stated that properly, basically the department should set the expectations, such as a month, 2 or more. When they mention "a couple of weeks" probably people expected to get the certificates in a month, worst case scenario. However lots of people are still waiting for the certificate, including me.

In addition, without proper communication channels, we cannot know if there is a problem or not. In 2021, when there was no ceremony due to COVID, a friend of mine waited for 6 months to get the certificate, he thought it was normal, apparently, the first certificate was delivered to another address.

P.S. My case was delayed drastically due to a mistake caused by the office, it was just canned messages from the department when I tried to reach out to them to understand what caused the delay. I was able to get updates after I hired a solicitor to take care of my case, everything was extremely smooth after that, which is ridiculous. I love this country, and I really appreciate it they provided me this amazing opportunity, however, apparently the naturalisation process is not working well, especially when we compare with other western countries, I applied more than 2 years ago, it is extremely long when I compare with UK and US, and I'm still waiting for the certificate.
sv23367 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:14 am
Imagine the case of 2020/2021 applicants whose application is still being processed even after spending 24 months. if they hv patience why cant people waiting for certificates. there is room for improvement. iam sure justice department will improve in the coming years.
t1907fb07 wrote:
I meant / blamed / talked / wrote / complained ( i couldnt login with other account) about waiting time and getting no info but if you want to understand from my complaint getting citizenship is a punishment all up to you mate . check your brain or not. So ⬇️

THERE IS NO EVEN SMALL INFO. SO IF YOU DONT MIND CAN I COMPLAIN AND TALK ABOUT IT?

Thank you..
GoWentGone123 wrote:
Unnecessary blaming and moaning never helps. Ireland have granted you Citizenship and it's a life sentence and punishment? Why don't you please renounce it and will be free to walk on earth.

t1907fb1923 wrote:

I was very happy for approval but now its like a nothing. I dont want to talk in a bad way but its a life sentence.

You dont know what u r waiting and how long but you are waiting. Unbelievable.. now you can see why the young Irish people dont stay here.

I have also send an email to Minister.. her secretary replied me and said contact to citizenship department..😀😀😀😀😀😀

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:42 pm

My single question and i need straight answer!!

Citizenship is a privilege and if you don't agree with the process involved in obtaining citizenship then why do you go for it? Don't come back to me saying fair process is your right, it's misinterpreting the basic concept of citizenship being a privilege not a right.

nzrmd wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:49 am
As a 2021 applicant, I think everyone has rights to complain, and to be honest, this should push the department for getting proper actions for the improvements. Regardless of when the applicant's application date is, waiting for the certificate for long is a problem. They should have stated that properly, basically the department should set the expectations, such as a month, 2 or more. When they mention "a couple of weeks" probably people expected to get the certificates in a month, worst case scenario. However lots of people are still waiting for the certificate, including me.

In addition, without proper communication channels, we cannot know if there is a problem or not. In 2021, when there was no ceremony due to COVID, a friend of mine waited for 6 months to get the certificate, he thought it was normal, apparently, the first certificate was delivered to another address.

P.S. My case was delayed drastically due to a mistake caused by the office, it was just canned messages from the department when I tried to reach out to them to understand what caused the delay. I was able to get updates after I hired a solicitor to take care of my case, everything was extremely smooth after that, which is ridiculous. I love this country, and I really appreciate it they provided me this amazing opportunity, however, apparently the naturalisation process is not working well, especially when we compare with other western countries, I applied more than 2 years ago, it is extremely long when I compare with UK and US, and I'm still waiting for the certificate.
sv23367 wrote:
t1907fb07 wrote:

Thank you..
GoWentGone123 wrote:

t1907fb1923 wrote:

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:10 pm

Everyone agrees that it is a privilege, however questioning the process is definitely our right. I have right to compare the process with Germany, UK, Netherlands, US processes. Also I live in this country not because of the citizenship, I love this country. I had chances to live in the countries that I mentioned and to apply for a citizenship, I stayed here because I like Ireland. What I am saying is the process is ridiculous, no transparency, no tracking, no standards. It is similar to driving licence process in Ireland, it is also ridiculously long and I question that as well.

I think there is no need to continue this argument here, I just shared my opinion. Complaints are the great way to improve the processes (at least setting the expectations to prevent false expectations). I hope the future applicants will have better experience here.
GoWentGone123 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:42 pm
My single question and i need straight answer!!

Citizenship is a privilege and if you don't agree with the process involved in obtaining citizenship then why do you go for it? Don't come back to me saying fair process is your right, it's misinterpreting the basic concept of citizenship being a privilege not a right.

nzrmd wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:49 am

sv23367 wrote:
t1907fb07 wrote:

Thank you..
GoWentGone123 wrote:

t1907fb1923 wrote:

Jayjaydub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Jayjaydub » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:18 pm

Hello everyone ;

I have attented to ceremony in Killarney at 20th..
Im waiting since that day without any info.

I have tried to contact with department but they dont give any reply about naturalisation certificates.

I have tried to contact with local tds.

If there will be no info i will send letter by an post and if there will be no certificate or info in 10 business day I will definitely go to court.

I have send my refugee travel document(blue passport) to them before ceremony so I dont have any proper ID and I dont want to stay/wait in middle of nowhere.

If they cant send Certificates just give me a reply or timeframe.

Last 10 business days before legal action and I will definitely go to court for psychological damage .

Its all wrong !

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:42 pm

Same situation here, Attended on the 20th and patiently waiting for the certificate. They took my blue travel document (I'm not a refugee but I'm stateless and have no nationality since birth).

Hope we all hear back soon.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:01 am

I think you all need to calm down 🤣
We haven't gotten my husbands yet either. We haven't had it for the last 7 years and we managed, I think we will manage a few more weeks. The hard part is done. I'd say any of us will be lucky to see passports before November to be honest. My colleague recently got a first time passport for their child (Irish family) took 3 months/12 weeks.
Most of the civil service are probably off and August will be even worse for holidays esp in the passport office.
You are Irish now...we all like to complain, but actually will do nothing about it.

Paint
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Paint » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:32 am

The problem for us is that we're left in a diplomatic no man's land. My husband has a job offer pending. He can't start work under his previous status, but he has no way to prove his citizenship. It's a very strange place to be. Life is on hold until he can prove that he has the status that he actually does, indeed, have.

Jayjaydub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Jayjaydub » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:49 am

If you ask to someone from this forum its normal. Just wait.. - for how long.. God knows just wait.

How it can be normal ? Lets say I am an Irish Citizen now rite ? Ok if i will need need a proof which I dont have.. aa sorry I have army band video from ceremony so i can show it to my boss or garda..
Paint wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:32 am
The problem for us is that we're left in a diplomatic no man's land. My husband has a job offer pending. He can't start work under his previous status, but he has no way to prove his citizenship. It's a very strange place to be. Life is on hold until he can prove that he has the status that he actually does, indeed, have.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:32 pm

I received mine… i was away since saturday until this morning, so it has been delivered between saturday and this morning some day.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:07 pm

Obviously it's a huge step backwards that they don't just give the cert on the day, but it is what it is at this point. The whole system needs to be digitalised in its entirety. Unfortunately the vast majority of Irish public services are very antiquated with Revenue being the one exception as they are actually very well run.
Unfortunately nobody can do anything really but wait. The dail is on summer recess, the courts will be on summer recess soon and that means most solicitors will also be on leave.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:16 pm

On a positive note, attended ceremony on the 19th and got cert through the post today 🙌

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:27 pm

When was your ceremony?

White_Pearl wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:32 pm
I received mine… i was away since saturday until this morning, so it has been delivered between saturday and this morning some day.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:35 pm

20th June

Gardella
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Gardella » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:14 pm

Could somebody who has received a certificate tell me if it was sent registered post? Did you need to sign for it? We're making sure somebody is home at all times if possible, so we are sure to be there when it arrives. Thanks!

csc1987
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by csc1987 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:06 pm

Yes, my wife received her certificate today (ceremony was on 19th June) and she signed for the registered post.

Newuser1290
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Newuser1290 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:21 pm

Anyone who attended the Ceremony on June 20th and still waiting for certificate?

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:22 pm

Newuser1290 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:21 pm
Anyone who attended the Ceremony on June 20th and still waiting for certificate?
My wife attended 20th June ceremony, no certificate yet.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:53 pm

Gardella wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:14 pm
Could somebody who has received a certificate tell me if it was sent registered post? Did you need to sign for it? We're making sure somebody is home at all times if possible, so we are sure to be there when it arrives. Thanks!
I received mine through registered post but we werent home. The postman is here since last 12 years, the same one…. He knows me … i think that’s why he had just left it in the box. I have noticed this often that registered post it just left for me in the box while i am not home. Maybe it depend where you live or on the particular postman?

Jayjaydub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Jayjaydub » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:13 pm

Me..

I got email from department says I will got my cert in coming week. Not weeks. lets see..
Newuser1290 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:21 pm

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:11 pm

White_Pearl wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:53 pm
Gardella wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:14 pm
I received mine through registered post but we werent home. The postman is here since last 12 years, the same one…. He knows me … i think that’s why he had just left it in the box. I have noticed this often that registered post it just left for me in the box while i am not home. Maybe it depend where you live or on the particular postman?
Yes depends on the postman, they really aren't meant to leave registered post without a signature in case its a fine, or court summons and you can claim you never received it. They aren't even meant to put registered post in those delivery boxes if you have one. Our postman usually seems to just leave everything though, packages, registered post etc. He left a mobile phone outside our house for 8 hours once, but we live in a tiny estate which is very quiet and nobody in the town even realises its there. I think its more out of laziness than him knowing us. At my mothers house they will never leave anything if she isnt home and shes 2 minutes away (diff postman).

Alex97
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Alex97 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:36 pm

Same here,went to the ceremony on the 20th of June and still no sign of the cert.Just keep waiting I guess cause the won’t reply to emails anyway

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:03 am

This week people who attended the June ceremonies will be receiving the certificates. Sit back and relax!

mrworld9
United Kingdom

Post by mrworld9 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:24 am

You are absolutely right @GoWentGone123.

I just received my cert this morning. Best of luck to all other waiting to receive their cert.

The journey has been long but glory be to God in the end. Off to apply for my first Irish passport.

GoWentGone123 wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:03 am
This week people who attended the June ceremonies will be receiving the certificates. Sit back and relax!
Life is a journey.........