ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Status - December 2008 Applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:20 am

Hi gulraj & sagarjv,
its is too early for u guys. My wife applied on 11th Dec and still waiting :(

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi Gulraj,

Have you applied from VFS Delhi ?
I called up BHC today and got a stupid comment frm them that dependant visa takes as long as Tier-1 visa. The girl whom I spoke with, obviously didnt know what she was talking about as dependant visa always comes within 4-5 working days.... this is crazy now....

Regards
Vinny

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi Vinny,

I must say- The dependant visas used to come within 4-5 working days. It is no longer so. VFS and BHC have informed me that it takes 15-20working days, but a few applications get processed within 7 working days.
As much as i wish it would take only 4-5working days it would just be a miracle if it happens.

There are many other threads on this forum from which you will get an idea of the time lines, People who applied in the 1st week of Jan have not heard anything as yet, and some others have already got their visas stamped.

I think it depends on individual cases.

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi Moonfog

Yes I do agree that the processing times depends upon the application. But what I heard from BHC staff memeber that no application has been processed within 5 days. Anyways, in my case its been more than 20 working days. Dont know when I'll get it

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:41 am

I applied at VFS Jalandhar(Punjab).

VFS guy told me on phone that it generally takes 5 working days for dependent visa however, sometimes submitted documents go for verification and it may take more time.

Don't know what documents they want to verify. All my docs were already verified when i applied for tier-1(payslips job bank etc)

Earlier, I told my wife that she would travel with me to UK but now it's such an embarrassment.

VFS must provide exact status for applications grrrr... :evil:

gulraj

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:53 am

Hi Gulraj,

I totally agree with you. i wish vfs and bhc would provide us with exact times and put us out of our misery.

VFS says 7-15 working days, BHC says 20 working days. Why cant they jsut give us the right information.

Cheers.

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:54 pm

:idea:

300 of us should call BHC everyday and ask about exact status. These many call per day are more than enough for BHC to force synchronization with VFS on exact status of application. :D 8)

do we have right to information, how our 600GBP visa fee was spent on?
:wink:

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:54 pm

I called up BHC today, and as usual they said "~~~~~|||****@@@@".

My application is made 25 working days..
Anybody got good news on dependant visa from Delhi BHC, please shout.

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:08 pm

BHC doesnt say anything else apart from their pre-recorded statement. For me it is 21 working days n still i havent heard anything... too much......I shouldnt have applied for Tier-1 visa. i was happy working in the UK as a work permit holder............all work permit holder dependants get their visa definitely within 5 days.. anyways, cant go into the past now........ hv got no option but to wait wait n wait...............

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi tier1from_uk,

where have u applied from.

Cheers

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi moonfog,

I have applied for my wife's dependant visa from VFS Delhi on 18th dec. In december, I came to India in order to get married. I was pretty sure that by 1st week of jan, i should b able to get dependant visa for my wife........ but this delay has caused so much agony to me, my wife n our families that its becumning un-bearable now............... i m back in uk now n wife is waiting to get her visa......... lets see how long its gonna take..........

wistaria
Newly Registered

Post by wistaria » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:44 pm

hiee all...ive applied for hsmp dependant visa on the 29 of dec 2008, id like to knw if anyone else has also applied in the given dates frm pakistan, nd wheathr theyv got the visa or nt normally they tell us they decide in 5 working days bt i dnt thnk thats the case...i knw its too soon to worry..bt i cnt help getin anxious....

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:47 am

Hi tier1fromUK,

I know how the wait can get, and I know what the familly must be going through becos 3 yrs back when i went 2 UK after i got married it was the same issue. Neways dont loose hope, somethin will happen soon.

cheers

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:06 pm

i havent submitted the rent agreement........ n i havent submitted any payslips also, i hv just included my uk bank account details as my accommodation proofs....... i hv only submitted the mandatory docs written on the vaf form 10 which says, passport n n visa copy, marriage certificate n funds in the bank account.
after reading so many forums now, i hv realized tht i shud hv sent additional docs as well in support of the application like rent agreement, payslips, tier1 approval letter, etc....... can they refuse the visa on failure of submission of these docs........ in order to avoid refusal, shud i withdraw the application n re-apply by providing more documents. Plz advise.

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:41 am

tier1from_uk wrote:i havent submitted the rent agreement........ n i havent submitted any payslips also, i hv just included my uk bank account details as my accommodation proofs....... i hv only submitted the mandatory docs written on the vaf form 10 which says, passport n n visa copy, marriage certificate n funds in the bank account.
after reading so many forums now, i hv realized tht i shud hv sent additional docs as well in support of the application like rent agreement, payslips, tier1 approval letter, etc....... can they refuse the visa on failure of submission of these docs........ in order to avoid refusal, shud i withdraw the application n re-apply by providing more documents. Plz advise.
Hey,

I would suggest u cal BHC and check. Those are very important documents and i wonder how VFS accepted your application without those?
Dont do anything in haste, Pls confirm with BHC before you withdraw. they may give you other suggestions too

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi moonfog,

Yes, I'll contact BHC tomorrow. I have faxed these additional documents but I am unsure whether these additional docs will be linked to the application. Anyways, I'll speak with them tomorrow and see what can be done now.

friend_333

BANK STATEMENT

Post by friend_333 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:59 am

Hi All,

Do we require to get bank statements stamped which we need to submit as a proof of maintainence funds for the dependents.

Thanks

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 am

Hi Guys,

i called BHC chennai today to check how their ques were, and i was told tat they have a huge backlog as this is the student visa processing season. But i dont see why student visas should affect our applications. Dont they have different ECO's for different applications like tourist, student , tier1 etc?

HMMMMM... so all that 7-15working days etc is not actually going to happen. It is going to take real long. They used to process dependant applications in 4-5day, but thats history now...............

Cheers

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi moonfog,

4-5 working days is still not history my friend. 3 of my colleagues have applied for Tier-1 dependant visa in Jan second week n got their visa back in jan third week....... out of which one of them applied on monday n got it back on thursday...........
1 of my frnd have applied for Tier-2 dependant visa last Thursday and his wife got it today.

Add to your surprise that all above 4 cases were from Delhi BHC. I called BHC today n reported this n they said that it has never happened in last 5 years that any1 has got visa within 5 days............. isnt this crazy??

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Hey tier1 from uk,

Even BHC chennai were amazed. They said 4-5working days is immposible. they said it maybe happening in delhi and bombay but not in chennai.

I cant wait to get my visa god knows how long they are going to take.

Cheers

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi,

when have u applied? hv u also applied in bhc, delhi ?
moonfog wrote:Hey tier1 from uk,

Even BHC chennai were amazed. They said 4-5working days is immposible. they said it maybe happening in delhi and bombay but not in chennai.

I cant wait to get my visa god knows how long they are going to take.

Cheers

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 am

I have applied on 19th jan at VFS bangalore. Ihavent yet got my visa.

Stilll waiting :cry:

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi Guys, Any news of anybody today?

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:16 am

Did anyone add papers like property doc, mutual funds etc etc......

Is this impt?

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:28 am