ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport office lost citizenship registration certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Passport office lost citizenship registration certificate

Post by samiat1970 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 pm

Ccf15 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:19 pm
samiat1970 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:17 am
Absolutely 💯 right. It's a risk sending original documents to HMPO
Hey - have you had any updates from the passport office? I’m in the same situation as you and the original poster of this thread. I’ve been going in circles with complaints to no resolve . Please can you update your status?

Hello.

Finally, my application was approved yesterday after 1 month and 30 days of hassle.

The useless people promised to send send the replacement certificate they ordered straight to the examiner but instead I received it by post in my address on Tuesday.

I quickly sent it to then on Tuesday evening and start bombarding with with calls and emails to chase it up.

Goodluck to anyone in similar situation

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:24 pm

samiat1970 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 pm
Ccf15 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:19 pm
samiat1970 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:17 am
Absolutely 💯 right. It's a risk sending original documents to HMPO
Hey - have you had any updates from the passport office? I’m in the same situation as you and the original poster of this thread. I’ve been going in circles with complaints to no resolve . Please can you update your status?

Hello.

Finally, my application was approved yesterday after 1 month and 30 days of hassle.

The useless people promised to send send the replacement certificate they ordered straight to the examiner but instead I received it by post in my address on Tuesday.

I quickly sent it to then on Tuesday evening and start bombarding with with calls and emails to chase it up.

Congratulations you pulled through on the other side.

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:05 pm

excatly same thing happened to me, they received my old uk passport and now they are saying they havent received my foreign passport, 2 phone call 2 complaint email , nothing so far but to wait ..royal mail tracking says it delivered ,that is for sure its somewhere overthere..i will update you what happened about this issue ..

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:04 pm

You need to call the passport helpline and ask for a senior manager.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:09 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:04 pm
You need to call the passport helpline and ask for a senior manager.
Lol. You make me laugh. This is totally a wrong advice @contorted. Which passport helpline are you referring to? The only option is for to keep calling the customer help line, to give them headache.

Also she need to contact the customer service management team, to log her compain.

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:18 pm

i sent complaint email today and this is the response

The delivery tracking information has been forwarded to the processing office and they are currently re-verifying the documentation received at the office and conducting a search.

Please allow at least 3 working days for this to be completed. If any further information is required, you will be contacted.

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:20 pm

i applied 6 february they received my uk passport 12 February

and i sent my foriegn passport 13 February and royal mail delivered it 14 February

eversince then no news..
Attachments
passport 2.png
passport 2.png (81.2 KiB) Viewed 693 times

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:27 pm

if they lost my foreign passport i am totally Fu...ed up...
this is gonna be biggest pain in my life the get new one from Turkish consulate..at least it takes 3-4 months..plus i need to prove hmpo lost it.. i hope they find it in hmpo office..
i dont understand it when they received it why they didnt check name .dob and match it with my application ..i even wrote my application numner on top of envelope.. useless people.
now i need to cancel my holiday plain tickets etc..

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:46 pm

realist07 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:27 pm
this is gonna be biggest pain in my life the get new one from Turkish consulate..at least it takes 3-4 months..plus i need to prove hmpo lost it.. i hope they find it in hmpo office..
i dont understand it when they received it why they didnt check name .dob and match it with my application ..i even wrote my application numner on top of envelope.. useless people.
Hi. Don't wait for 3 days and just don't email. Keep calling the helpline everyday. And make them aware thar they have ur passport with them.

They will try to persuade you to get a new one, and promised to refund u aftermath. You should agree with them pls. Them them u don't have any money to do that.

Pressurise them to pay for your new passport should in case they didn't find it, which I hope that isn't the case

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:46 pm

realist07 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:27 pm
Hi. Don't wait for 3 days and just don't email. Keep calling the helpline everyday. And make them aware thar they have ur passport with them.

They will try to persuade you to get a new one, and promised to refund u aftermath. You should agree with them pls. Them them u don't have any money to do that.

Pressurise them to pay for your new passport should in case they didn't find it, which I hope that isn't the case

Hairspray
Newly Registered
Malawi

Post by Hairspray » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:52 pm

Hello all,
I’ve recently gone through a similar experience, however my situation was that they lost my foreign passport, and claimed I’d only sent my naturalisation certificate.

Timelines - I sent my passport and Nat certificate on the 28th February.
I posted it via special delivery - Royal Mail. I kept hold of my tracking number and it arrived at the Hemel branch at 9am on the 29th February.
1st March - my tracking updated saying “documents received”. So I assumed it was just a waiting game from here - no… I receive an email on the 5th March and a text saying that I am missing my foreign passport in my application, and that I need to send it.

Shock waves through my system…
Long story short - I called this number “ 0300 330 0901” several times a day. Provided my tracking number for Royal Mail and explained that they needed to check the envelope again.

Eventually my application was put on hold, and they said that the documents would be checked.
I continued to call several times a day (you have to keep calling until you speak to someone competent - sounds rude, but you need an English native, usually Scottish, to pick up the phone - can take a few tries). Explained the situation repeatedly, and told them I had a holiday booked in a few weeks time so this is urgent.

Eventually someone escalated it to the customer management team (he advised that he was going to email several different routes, and speak to the back office) after a week of stressful calls. A lady called me back on the number - +44 300 222 0000, and she sent an email to the office in Hemel. The next day I called (this Tuesday 12th March). Spoke to a gentleman on my second call who advised that there was a document on the system on the 11th which seemed to be my foreign passport.

I had also sent my expired passport and advised them of this in my many calls - I don’t know if that sped up the process for locating the recent one, but FYI I sent this on the 11th March.

There was some confusion and explaining as they assumed it was my expired passport on the system, to which I had to repeatedly explain that my expired passport arrived on the 12th. So how can they have that on the system on the 11th?

Called again, confirmed both passport numbers - hallelujah the passport was found. I then ensured the lady I spoke to emphasised the urgency for getting the application processed again.

Called on the 13th, spoke to another lovely lady that confirmed that it was now being passed to the examiner.

14th - got an email that my application was approved.
15th - got a text saying my passport is coming tomorrow.

I really hope this helps - but above all else, KEEP calling 0300 330 0901 is the best number.

Open 8-8 on weekdays, and open on weekends too. 9-5 I think at the weekend.

They will see how many times you call and understand the urgency.

Best of luck all ☺️

realist07
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by realist07 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:19 am

Your passport application has been approved.

What happens next
Your new passport is being printed. We’ll let you know when it’s ready to dispatch.

İ complained friday evening and all of a sudden they found my foreign passport after 33 days, in total i waited 41 days..., because i sent out my 2 passports separetely.. İ told them that you will compensate my holiday i booked non refundable holiday package...whole experience was ridiculus :mrgreen:

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:20 pm

realist07 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:19 am
Your passport application has been approved.

What happens next
Your new passport is being printed. We’ll let you know when it’s ready to dispatch.

İ complained friday evening and all of a sudden they found my foreign passport after 33 days, in total i waited 41 days..., because i sent out my 2 passports separetely.. İ told them that you will compensate my holiday i booked non refundable holiday package...whole experience was ridiculus :mrgreen:
Congratulations

jmathew88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jmathew88 » Wed May 29, 2024 2:44 pm

samiat1970 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:29 pm
Hello.

Hi I am in the same boat now. Requested them to check my envelope . Now awaiting a response. About replacement copy of naturalisation certificate, did passport office paid for it. How did you managed to get them done?.Ta

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:10 am

Hello. Yes they paid for it after many calls and text messages to the team.

samiat1970
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by samiat1970 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:13 am

jmathew88 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 2:44 pm
samiat1970 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:29 pm
Hello.

Hi I am in the same boat now. Requested them to check my envelope . Now awaiting a response. About replacement copy of naturalisation certificate, did passport office paid for it. How did you managed to get them done?.Ta
Yes they paid for it. You have to call and email them everyday.
Also ask them to log a complain. And request to speak to their complain department