ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence and 2023 changes to Immigration Bail

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nightshade
Mood:
India

Re: Long Residence and 2023 changes to Immigration Bail

Post by Nightshade » Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:30 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:13 am
Well it says:
The following periods will break continuous residence:

•Immigration bail, temporary admission, and temporary release
•permission as a Visitor, Short-term Student (English language) or Seasonal Worker (or any of their predecessor routes)
•overstaying which is not disregarded
Of course if it breaks the continuous residence then it is not considered lawful residence at all.
Then I have no idea what grounds my ILR was granted on, cause then that means I have a clear break of a good few months in 2018. Ah well not like it matters anymore. On to living my life now hah.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:01 pm

Nightshade wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:30 pm
zimba wrote:
Well it says:

•permission as a Visitor, Short-term Student (English language) or Seasonal Worker (or any of their predecessor routes)
Of course if it breaks the continuous residence then it is not considered lawful residence at all.
Then I have no idea what grounds my ILR was granted on, cause then that means I have a clear break of a good few months in 2018. Ah well not like it matters anymore. On to living my life now hah. Thats it..
Congratulations.

Nightshade
Mood:
India

Post by Nightshade » Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:04 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:01 pm
Nightshade wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:30 pm
zimba wrote:
Well it says:

Then I have no idea what grounds my ILR was granted on, cause then that means I have a clear break of a good few months in 2018. Ah well not like it matters anymore. On to living my life now hah. Thats it..
Congratulations.
Thank you !

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nightshade
Mood:
India

Post by Nightshade » Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:26 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to bump this topic a bit in case it's of any help to someone in the future. I had done a SAR and I finally found out the reason behind my ILR grant.

Essentially, Home Office accepted that my refusal in 2021 was in error and that ILR should have been granted back then considering I met the criteria and I had made a valid application in 2021. So on that basis they applied discretion (which I requested whilst making the case) and they granted me ILR on the basis of Leave Outside The Rules.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:37 pm

Thanks for this update. This allows us to give out more accurate advice and helps others better :D
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nightshade
Mood:
India

Post by Nightshade » Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:16 pm

zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:37 pm
Thanks for this update. This allows us to give out more accurate advice and helps others better :D
No problem.
Just annoyed that it cost me an extra £4445 to get here, £1560 for IHS in 2021 as they rejected the ILR and gave me FLR (FP), and £2885 for another ILR application this year neither of which I'd have had to pay if they had applied the rules correctly back in 2021 (which they fully admit they didn't), or even gave me a right to appeal.

Don't think there's any way to take them to court to claim that money back either.

Nightshade
Mood:
India

Post by Nightshade » Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:37 pm

And an extra £1120 for lawyer too this time around, so it's £5565 in total lol
Sheesh !