ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal won-next

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: It depends...

Post by Diokpa » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:26 pm

A wrote:Hi Diokpa,
Just to let you know my appeal was 12th Jan and I received my determination 20th Jan but I still haven't received anything from the HO so it's been over 3 weeks for me, so it is naturally possible that it takes longer. Also, you may notice that sany-mano had to wait 6 weeks after receipt of determination letter, so who knows how long it will take for us? How long have you been waiting since your receipt of your determination?

Good luck,
A.
Thanks. I have only been waiting 2 weeks for mine actually, so am not at that stage where I wanna pick up the phone to bug them just yet. Fingers crossed things will start moving faster now since the holidays are far gone.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

A

Post by A » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Diokpa,

Yes, hopefully things will move faster, though I doubt it!!!
I'll let you know as soon as I receive my HO letter.
The most infuriating thing I am finding is not being able to work properly without restrictions and not having any written proof that I am even allowed to be in the UK, let alone that I am currently allowed to do some work! It's very annoying.

A.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:51 am

A wrote:Diokpa,

Yes, hopefully things will move faster, though I doubt it!!!
I'll let you know as soon as I receive my HO letter.
The most infuriating thing I am finding is not being able to work properly without restrictions and not having any written proof that I am even allowed to be in the UK, let alone that I am currently allowed to do some work! It's very annoying.

A.
Yeah that's the frustrating part especially when you have HR personnel who don't have a clue about immigration policies with regards to working whilst awaiting a decision on your application!!!...lol

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:54 am

Hello Guys,

I am wondering if someone has received passport back from HO.

I received my letter last week and sent my passport and two pics on 24/02. I am still waiting for my passport. It seams anything which goes into HO gets stuck. Dont know how long more I hve to wait.

Tc

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:13 pm

rahilnaz,I have sent mine on 31st of Oct,2008.Since then I have not heard anything from them.whenever i phone them they answer it's waiting for consideration.Any idea why they are not sending passport? regards.

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Dude, this thread is only for people who had appeal

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:01 am

rahilnaz wrote:Dude, this thread is only for people who had appeal
Still waiting on the letter from the HO...going on 28 days now!

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Diokpa wrote:
Dude, I would advise you to speak to appeal implimentaion unit@leeds

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:24 pm

rahilnaz wrote:
Diokpa wrote:
I think I will contact my MP to intervene because the appeal implementation unit are not any better than the HO. This immigration process really ticks me off!

megastar
Newly Registered

Post by megastar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Diokpa wrote:
rahilnaz wrote:
Diokpa wrote:
I think I will contact my MP to intervene because the appeal implementation unit are not any better than the HO. This immigration process really ticks me off!
i donno what you are expecting from MP. i met regarding my refusal and nothing was done from her side...

jdawood

Waiting for the HO to reply

Post by jdawood » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:16 pm

Thanks for the advices, i have won the appeal case on the 10th Feb and is still waiting to hear from the HO, as per the the comments above it has taken 6 weeks by HO to rpely back for the pasport to be send for the visa to stamp, and thre was one who applied through a solicitor, i think i might ask my solicitor as well to write to HO regarding getting my visa stamped,

Thanks for the advices,

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:47 am

megastar wrote:
Diokpa wrote:
rahilnaz wrote:
Diokpa wrote:
i donno what you are expecting from MP. i met regarding my refusal and nothing was done from her side...
I doubt your MP can help when you are denied as they do not know the issues at hand and for one I know my MP does help her constituent when we have issues, this is not the first time I am approaching her(previous issue not immigration related) but I always use her as a last resort. They have a liason office that deals with the HO and they do get issues resolved except yours is complicated and obviously they wouldn't bypass laws just because you contact them but in issues where the service is lacking such as this, am hoping she will come in really handy.

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:38 am

Diokpa wrote:
megastar wrote:
Diokpa wrote:
rahilnaz wrote:
I doubt your MP can help when you are denied as they do not know the issues at hand and for one I know my MP does help her constituent when we have issues, this is not the first time I am approaching her(previous issue not immigration related) but I always use her as a last resort. They have a liason office that deals with the HO and they do get issues resolved except yours is complicated and obviously they wouldn't bypass laws just because you contact them but in issues where the service is lacking such as this, am hoping she will come in really handy.
very true

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:14 pm

I got the number for the HOPU in central london to check on when I will be getting the call letter and they said it's 10 weeks from when the HO decides not to contest the determination, he checked the system and said I should wait another couple of weeks...oh well, let's see what my superwoman MP can do.

rahilnaz am sure you'll get your passport back soon. Good Luck.

megastar
Newly Registered

Post by megastar » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Diokpa wrote:I got the number for the HOPU in central london to check on when I will be getting the call letter and they said it's 10 weeks from when the HO decides not to contest the determination, he checked the system and said I should wait another couple of weeks...oh well, let's see what my superwoman MP can do.

hi,

what is the time period for HO to contest the decision?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:45 pm

megastar wrote:
Diokpa wrote:I got the number for the HOPU in central london to check on when I will be getting the call letter and they said it's 10 weeks from when the HO decides not to contest the determination, he checked the system and said I should wait another couple of weeks...oh well, let's see what my superwoman MP can do.

hi,

what is the time period for HO to contest the decision?
From the determination I received, it states 5 working days for any party looking to contest the decision.

jdawood

Appeal Case

Post by jdawood » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:52 pm

I have still not heard from the HO, and as per the statments from the fellow users, i decided to send the HOPO a letter, stating when will i recieve the letter, People can write to them if its like more than 4 weeks, since they have won the appeal, if anyone needs the address let me know, but be sure its pass the 4 weeks since you have won the appeal, cause then the case closes off in the AIT, if the appeal is not made by HO against the decision, this is what i got a response from AIT.

So if anyone wants to send the letter asking about thwn to send their passport to HO, can let me know and i'll provide the address to write to.

megastar
Newly Registered

Post by megastar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:16 pm

my solicitor got the letter today from HO asking for passports. sending tomorrow. :)
by the way, this is the 4th week since determination.

mubi
Newly Registered

Post by mubi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:11 pm

megastar wrote:my solicitor got the letter today from HO asking for passports. sending tomorrow. :)
guys dont on trust on anyone regarding success of the appeal, until and unless u can see by your own eyes, friend of mine has booked an appointment with so called solicitor (Ukmigrate) but he refused to show him the successful appeal (stated that it private and confidential) :( . the decisions are going against the appellant.
they all are fraud so please hire a good solicitor so that u can win any appeal

matttam027
Newly Registered

Post by matttam027 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:29 am

Anyone refused by th HO because of the failure to disclose material fact and what was the result of the appeal?

megastar
Newly Registered

Post by megastar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:09 am

mubi wrote:
megastar wrote:my solicitor got the letter today from HO asking for passports. sending tomorrow. :)
guys dont on trust on anyone regarding success of the appeal, until and unless u can see by your own eyes, friend of mine has booked an appointment with so called solicitor (Ukmigrate) but he refused to show him the successful appeal (stated that it private and confidential) :( . the decisions are going against the appellant.
they all are fraud so please hire a good solicitor so that u can win any appeal
i also received a copy of determination on last month 14th. the appeals are allowed. my solicitor sent me the scanned copy of the HO letter.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:46 pm

rahilnaz wrote:
Diokpa wrote:
Any luck with your passport?

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Diokpa wrote: Any luck with your passport?
Nope, still waiting. I sent them returning envelope and daily try track it with its ref no. anyway which stage are u at?

megastar
Newly Registered

Post by megastar » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:28 pm

rahilnaz wrote:
Diokpa wrote: Any luck with your passport?
Nope, still waiting. I sent them returning envelope and daily try track it with its ref no. anyway which stage are u at?
return envelope?.. they haven't asked me. i sent passport to my solicitor. he got letter from HO...

zarikashif

Post by zarikashif » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:21 pm

hi dipoka and all

kan u please give me the phone numbers of any appeal department
thanks