ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EEA spouse of UK citizen, FLR, Schengen Appl. Specifics

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smriti.vipin
Newly Registered

Re: longest multi entry schengen

Post by smriti.vipin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:01 pm

[quote="waitinggame52"]hi,

which eu country consulate in the UK issues the longest multi entry schengen visa for a non eu wife of a british citizen ?[/quote]

I am not very sure on this, but whether you apply with London or Edinburgh, its mentioned that if you have a longer travel insurance you are most likely to get a longer multi entry visa.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Trying to travel to France with UK citizen spouse

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:18 pm

smriti.vipin wrote:Hi..
This is so confusing..

My husband (UK citizen) and I (Indian citizen, but with UK residence permit for 2 years) want to travel to Paris for 5 days for our wedding anniversary. I dont know if i should apply for a visa in advance or can I get a visa at the border?

We are planning a trip by Eurostar. We were married in the UK so we have the marriage certificate in English.

How do I go about this? My residence permit mentions nothing about "Family member of EEA national" it just says Spouse/ Partner AND Residence permit on it.
Apply for a free Schengen visa or be prepared for a fight and a ruined wedding anniversary.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

smriti.vipin
Newly Registered

Post by smriti.vipin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:08 pm

where do i apply for the free visa? the french embassy when i called them transferred me to a private company that charges £55 for administrative costs and then the application fee for the visa at £60.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 pm

smriti.vipin wrote:where do i apply for the free visa? the french embassy when i called them transferred me to a private company that charges £55 for administrative costs and then the application fee for the visa at £60.
From the French embassy. Make clear that you are applying for a Schengen visa as the family member of a UK national. It's free and must be issued ASAP.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

smriti.vipin
Newly Registered

Post by smriti.vipin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Thanks will try again!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:18 pm

You do not have to use this private company if you don't want to but you will have to make an appointment with the embassy through them. There's more information on that on their web page. All you should need to do is to fill out the Schengen application form ignoring all starred fields and include also passport from the EEA national and the marriage certificate (I think they want to have copies too).