ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Requirements

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri May 06, 2005 7:04 pm

:D Congrats Narveer, I was getting a bit worried there after you had gone silent for a while, good to hear that all went extremely well. All the best in your new job. Hope the weather there is better than here in Dubz.

About the stamp in your wife's passport, that is is the correct stamp and yes your dependent can work. basically the stamps say what you cannot do and since your wife's doesnt say anything about not working it means she can take up any employment, you will see that yours has a restriction 'able to work as authorised....' meaning you can only work as per your WP. Ofcourse not all employers know this and it can be a problem to explain to them, what you can to try to avoid this is to download the 'Comprehensive guidance for United Kingdom employers on changes to the law on preventing illegal working' from
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... legal.html

its quite a thick document (64pages) but not all of them will relate to you.
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... idance.pdf
Good luck

narveer

Post by narveer » Fri May 06, 2005 7:20 pm

Thanks f2k. I was nervous about the outcome of the application because of the reasons i have told you about. But as you told me work permit application sail through without any problem and exactly that happened. I am moving to Glasgow coming wednesday as I will be joining new job on Thursday.

I am not sure how should I transfer my bank balance. If I withdraw everything and get it exchanged then I guess I am going to lose lot of money because of commission and conversion. What do you suggest?

kashifabbas
Newly Registered

Post by kashifabbas » Tue May 10, 2005 9:54 am

ok , i have also applied for entry clearence from karach pakistan.
I have been called for an interview on 18th of may.

i have a question , how much money u showed in ur bank account. i have 6000 GBP and i am going there with wife and 2 kids.

i have attached a supporting letter from the employer that they will pay me 3000 GBP on arrival !

i would appreciate comments from any one on the forum.

Kashif

narveer

Post by narveer » Tue May 10, 2005 10:41 am

Hi Kashif,

I had shown a bank balance of 11000 Euros. I think 6000GP is good enough and you shouldnt have any problem.

Best of luck.