ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Application - Success - Mumbai India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chili2
Newly Registered

Medical

Post by Chili2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 pm

All communication is via VFS website.

when you get medical envelope, details are selected of where you are to do medical.

The doc will send medical themselves.

VFS have no update nor can they chase anythying for you, they only report whats on the website - tracking info. I guess its for people who dont have net access.

I've found VFS clueless in every inquiry.

I've added you to my IM so chat soon. Im already in the UK. Issue is you cant stay back as visas these days just take too long to be issued.

Chili2
Newly Registered

Phone call from BHC

Post by Chili2 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:51 am

Members,

My wife got a call today stating that VISA's are issued and she is to collect her passport in a few days :D

End of the long wait .. we applied on 25/02/2009 and hopefully should collect passport end of the week.

Now its about booking flights.

Good luck to all those applying ... :wink:

Deva
Newly Registered

Post by Deva » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Chili2,
Good great news for you. What's the status on the VFS site for the collection of passport?

Chili2
Newly Registered

VFS update

Post by Chili2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm

VFS updated to :

Application Processed in Transit.

We were hoping that it will be more of a collection update but well all we can do is wait for next day update , possibly collection on Monday 27th April.

NOTE that VFS only update application status after 1730 IST.

Chili

Deva
Newly Registered

Post by Deva » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Chili2,

Any update on final collections ?

Chili2
Newly Registered

Visa Granted!

Post by Chili2 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Deva,

27 month Visa GRANTED!

A final end to the long wait... tickets booked. Wife should arrive this week.

Good luck to all those applying.

in all about 9 weeks from application.

gajan007
Newly Registered

Post by gajan007 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi Guy's,

I just got the medical envelop.
Its say i need to take black and white negative (size 6cm by 6cm)

Is it correct. I ask in the local studio. they said they dont do it.

What size negative did u guys used to incoperate it into x-ray.

Guys replease relpy

akhila
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Settlement Application - Success - Mumbai India

Post by akhila » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Chili2 wrote:Dear Forum,

I have recently applied for my wife's settlement visa , details:

date of application: 25-02-2009

current status as of 23-03-2009 : VFS tracking shows forwarded to the British High Commission.

Items submitted:
1. Completed application
2. 2 x my bank statments - about 8K + ISA 3K details. Wifes 2 x bank accounts. All past 6 month statements
3. Land Registry of my property.
4. Airtell , skype, vodafone statements of calls - past 6 months
5. sample of emails
6. Wife's degree certificate
7. My employee company letter confirming my salary and employment
8. my P60
9. Cards and letters that we've sent each other
10. Pictures of our registry wedding
11. pictures and passport stamps of holiday together that we went for in Sri Lanka + accommodation brochure of where we stayed.
12. My Absolute decree nisi - issued in London's court.
13. My wife's absolute decree nisi - issued in a Mumbai court.
14. My utility bills - water & Landline BT telephone for the past 6 months.
15. Wife's 6 month pay slips
16. Wife's employer letter

The above was out of memory so not arranged well but gives an idea of what we submitted.

I have heard of changes in processing settlement visas.

Processing time guidelines released on VFS website show that Mumbai North had 1 settlement application in Jan 2009, issued with 10 working days, which i find hard to believe as we've now waited for almost 4 weeks, with no change on VFS website on our application.

Any other person in same boat, still awaiting decision and how long its taking.

I did send an email today to Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk but they can take 20 working days to reply ! I have read other posts where applicants have called the High Commission for an update as VFS just say it can take upto 3 months and to stay put.

Thank you for any feedback, i shall keep posting progress, though we've not had any for the past 4 weeks!
how did u trace the skype bill let me konw iam applying the visa for settlement

vidisha
Newly Registered

Post by vidisha » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:02 am

Hi,

My settlement visa application status is showing " Medical Form in transit"
I have few queries:

1) How many days does it take for the medical form to reach Visa application centre for collection?
2)Does BHC send passport and all the documents along with the mdical form or only a medical form is sent to visa application centre?
3) If I think I have not submitted some of the documents while applying for settlement visa, can I submit them now while submitting the medical form?
[ I did not submit my degree certificate earlier, would it be a good idea to submit the same now when I go to Visa Application centre? ]

Kindly reply; hanks in advance

gg234

Post by gg234 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:51 pm

1) How many days does it take for the medical form to reach Visa application centre for collection?

A) 1 or 2 days

2)Does BHC send passport and all the documents along with the mdical form or only a medical form is sent to visa application centre?

A) Only medical Envelope

3) If I think I have not submitted some of the documents while applying for settlement visa, can I submit them now while submitting the medical form?
[ I did not submit my degree certificate earlier, would it be a good idea to submit the same now when I go to Visa Application centre? ]

A) No Don't give any extra documents.If you are getting your medical documents means they are satisfied the documents you have provided so just follow the medical tests

gajan007
Newly Registered

Post by gajan007 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:40 pm

By getting medical, you will automatically will get the visa. so dont bother sumiting ur degree certificate.

any how its too late.

you only get the medical documents. doctor will sent the medical directly to BHC.

vidisha
Newly Registered

Post by vidisha » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:55 am

Thank you so much for the reply. I am going to collect the medical form on Monday 22nd June. I will keep the progress updated in the forum.

vidisha
Newly Registered

Post by vidisha » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:35 pm

hello,

I got my medical check up done in Bangalore. Still my status is showing "Medical Envelope in Transit". I want to contact Chennai BHC. Pls let me know if you have any number to contact regarding this.

gajan007
Newly Registered

Post by gajan007 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Its an error with VFS website. Same thing happened to me.

Soon will turn to Passport redy for collection. Keep on phoning VFS on 080 40084008. No point in contacting BHC. If it been more than two weeks then contact the BHC. Number should be on ur medical letter.

You should get your visa before next wednesday. So be happy.....

SAMISPOUSAL
India

WHAT IS MEDICAL ????

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:53 pm

Chili2 wrote:Forum,

Update on 25/03/2009:

Medical Envelope is read for collection; please visit the UK VAC where you submitted to collect the same.

Wife will pick the med form tomorrow - 26/03/2009.

Will update with how long it takes to get appointment & what tests are carried out.

///////below is from sami spousal/////////////

HI This is SAMI

will some one please explain what is this MEDICAL that every one keeps talking about AFTER the case is in process ??????

so is there a medical to be done AFTER the spouse gets the visa issued
there has to be a medical done JUST PRIOR to coming over to UK
Obviously you cant be taking about the TB test that has to be submitted IN THE APPLICATION ?

please reply
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:33 pm

COME ON YOU GUYS PLEASE tell us

what is this medical thing that you keep talikng about AFTER THE APPLICATION gone for processing ?

so do i understand it correctly ?
my wife will get her spouse visa in Mumbai but just before coming over to UK to join me she has to
go through a medical ???

remember ALL applicants already submitted the TB cert already now there is another medical after getting the visa as well ?

Thank you for your reply

Well settled Brit man sponsoring Indian wife.. so spouse visa application.
10 Dec 2013 submitted Mumbai
09 Feb ....Still in process (about 35 working days) waiting for decision....
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

whereswally
Newly Registered

Post by whereswally » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Dude

That was the old process for spouse visa where the applicant had to do the medical after submitting the application. Now it has all changed as the UKBA are making the process streamlined.

Your wife only needs the TB certificate from the designated hospital the UKBA have accepted. This TB certificate is submitted with the original application with all your other documents. To be honest...with out the TB certificate being present VSF wouldn't even accept her application let alone UKBA. So I'm guessing you handed in the TB certificate with the initial application, if so, you have nothing to worry about.....your wife will not need another medical examination.

Once she gets the visa....make sure she is carrying the TB certificate with her as UKBA at LHR will ask to see it for sure!.

Hope that helps dude!

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:00 pm

whereswally

Thank you

Yes we all have to do the TB cert which has to be included in the file