ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal approved; hearing date issued

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Wed May 13, 2009 9:57 am

ud - forgot to ask you one thing - did you say that you had the money in another of your account on those six days?

bananafish

Post by bananafish » Wed May 13, 2009 10:37 am

Hello ppl,
I had my appeal hearing yesterday. It was successful. It was a maintenance of funds case.
Look at my other posts for details of the case. I will post the details of the hearing here soon when i get access to a computer. Right now i am posting via my mobile. Ill also post my witness statement etc here so others can use it as an example. So watch this space. It's a perfect day for bananafish.

ud
Newly Registered

Post by ud » Sun May 17, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi Thendist

No mate i never had money in my other bank account or in the overseas bank account.

But now i am thinking of writing a letter explaining the whole situation regarding my case to the attention of the secratory of state. I was never short of even a single pound excluding those 6 days. Its now been 8 months i have applied for my IGS to PSW application and all the bank statements exclusing the october 08 shows my monthly balance well over £1000 including all my personal and monthly expenses.

Hopefully this should work for me if i am lucky enough. Also considering the fact that i had to lodge the PSW application due to the change in rules. I was previously granted IGS which has already proved that i was able to support and maintain myself prior to the application.And my new PSW grant application was due to the change in rules. Thus they need to treat me differently as rejecting my applciaton on the basis of not having £800 for 6 days doesnt make sense considering the overall picture of the appeal.

Also while i was been granted the IGS i was not professionally employed and now i being professionally employed from last year, my bank statements proves the fact that i never had shortage of money in my bank account.

I will accompany a letter from my employer as well to support my letter

Dont know what will happen but i am being postivie and hoping for the best..

Have you heard of any cases judged in the high court like mine??

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Sun May 17, 2009 11:28 pm

ud - As i understand it - this is a relatively new trend - rejecting for maintenance funds - so i am not aware of any high court ruling - as mentioned before there is a chance that these will be up for consideration and the high court might consider a batch of similar cases to come up with a ruling.

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Sun May 17, 2009 11:29 pm

bananafish - congratulaitons - well done - and really happy for you!!!