ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non EEA family member of EEA citizen visa to Ireland from UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:20 pm

Sorry for short post, just going to bed..

freon21 - just go. You won't be turned away.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:15 am

freon21

Remember that dealing with the embassy and appeals and solvit is a long process. You will do best by breathing deeply and relaxing and enjoying making them squirm as they slowly realize some of the mistakes they have made. Be very calm and firm in dealing with them. Do not be surprised if you are still dealing with them in 6 or 12 months…

I would suggest you immediately contact Solvit. They take a while to get started. Be firm and calm with them also.

You might also consider taking your trip without the visa, though please ALSO appeal and fight them. I need to write up more suggestions for how to do this, but I know of at least one family member of an EU citizen who has entered Ireland by air without a visa (though they had to wait for 30 minutes before being granted entry at Dublin airport).

Remember: firm, calm, know your facts, learn, site directives and case law relevant to your application.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:42 am

Not directly related but can you guys have a look (If you haven't already) at Tobbe vs. Spain
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 849#249849