ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is paksitan unoffcially out of tier 1( highly skilled)?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Someone on this thread said they will be speaking to HEC.

Did anyone managed to speak to HEC ?

ahmz
Newly Registered

Post by ahmz » Wed May 06, 2009 7:26 pm

I am also a bit annoyed with the NARIC point’s allocation. None of the Pakistani universitie’s masters degree have been assigned equivalency to UK masters.

I personally have got 4 years Bachelors degree + 2 years of Masters degree from FAST – NUCES but am getting 0 points from BIA points calculator.

If you guys have got any success story, please do share it over here.

Regards

ahmz
Newly Registered

Post by ahmz » Wed May 06, 2009 8:13 pm

I have just emailed HEC for considering the communication to solve the discrepancy in equivalency with NARIC. Lets see what happens.

HEC Contact List:
http://erp.hec.gov.pk/contact-list/

mwnh16
Newly Registered

APPLYING FOR VISA AFTER ADMIN REVIEW APPROVAL

Post by mwnh16 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:29 am

Hi,

I had applied for tier 1 in July 2008, while i was based in UAE, my visa was refused on Nov 2008 due to non verification of educational certificate, I requested an admin review and it got approved on 5th January 2010.

Now am in Pakistan, and am applying tomorrow, I have notified this to the authorities.

My question is that I have done my masters from IBA and was awarded 35 points on the self assessment calculator in July 2008, but when I check now none of pakistani colleges or universities obtain any points, so if i submit for visa stamping based upon my admin review approval, can the authorities reject/refuse my visa, or will my visa be stamped considering previous rules.

Your reply will be appreciated.

mwnh16
Newly Registered

WHAT WOULD HAPPENED AT THE TIME OF EXTENSION

Post by mwnh16 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi All,

Do let me know, people who have obtained their UK Tier -1 General visa based on previous rules where Pakistani educational institutes and their respective degrees were taken into consideration and points were granted, what would happened to their extensions (FLR) after 3 year of tier 1 visa, will they be asessed based upon previous rules or they will be refused extension and sent back home.

A Tier - 1 would turn into an illusion.

Need your suggestions & comments.

adnan_uk

Post by adnan_uk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:56 pm

You will get visa stamped as you applied in 2008 when old rules were in placed and you have not submitted a new applications. Go ahead and apply for visa stamping.

mwnh16
Newly Registered

Post by mwnh16 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanx adnan for your reply, I have already applied today thru Karachi VAC, looking forward for my passport with a tier 1 stamp :).

Do you have any idea what will be the circumstances when applying for extension, I mean FLR after 3 years, will our certificates be considered or we have to come bk to PAK, I know its too early for this query but its for my knowledge.

Thanks again.