ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to France with an EEA2...

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mgbekpo
Newly Registered

eea family member

Post by Mgbekpo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 am

hi,l will going to paris with eurostar in few days, with my son he got french passport and l got eea family member residence , l didn't take any visa, will let you guys know what will happen

Ishy

Re: eea family member

Post by Ishy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:12 am

Hello All,

I am a French National living in the UK, My non EEA wife recently received her EEA2 residence card. 2 days later we went to France by ferry.
French Border control in dover checked quickly the RC card and handed it back.
Coming back, the UK, The British control kept looking at it for at least 5-10 min. She said they change it sometimes and she haven't seen one like this before. I took other documents with me in case they say something but they were not needed.

This is for French natianal who are confused about the French ambassy website comments about your spouse needing a visa to travel to France if you are French, which doesn't make sense... Anway, you don't need one..