ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Waiting times

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kingkajee
Newly Registered

Post by kingkajee » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Oh no - sorry to hear that. I've read your post hopefully the appeal goes well......wishing your family all the best

keke7708
Newly Registered

Post by keke7708 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Hello All,

I am so anxious to hear about my partners FLRM. We desprately wanted to travel. I have booked my flight already (fly end of Dec 09) and have requested my passport back.

Our application was submitted on 23 October 09 by post, because the premium services no longer had available dates befre his visa expired on the 8th November 09.

I really wanted him to travel with me!! They have confirmed receipt but have not sent the biometrics appointment letter out. I am soooooooooo stressed out. Its riduclous how long they take to process the application. When you call them, its like speaking to the a wall that says they can not investigate until 14 weeks expires AFTER the biometrics. =I have not seen 14 weeks after the biometrics on their website.

I plan to write in.

Congratulations Plucky! It must be a relief.

kingkajee
Newly Registered

Post by kingkajee » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi keke, I feel your pain - Im in a similar boat. HO are very textbook with their reply. When I mentioned my flight, the gentleman I spoke to was obviously reading from his screen with a reply along the lines of "we do reccomend no travel until your passports are returned".

I'd hate to disapoint you but the chances your husband gets his passports back (without withdrawing your app) are very slim (i'm sure you already know this). My wife applied for hers back in mid sept - bios were taken 25th Sept. It's now been 9weeks and 2 days (from BIOS) and we still havent heard anything.

Looking at the history of FLR(M) they do process (straight forward apps) within the 14weeks period but in a date recieved order.

My dilema is whether I should reshedule the date (Currently on the 15th Jan) on the flights or gamble and wait. I've opted to gamble as my 14 weeks will be up literally around Xmas. I'm hoping the team at HO will try and clear as many backlogs as possible before the new year - but who knows :(.

Anyway I really wish you best

keke7708
Newly Registered

Post by keke7708 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks Kingkajee for the well wishing!!

If I were you, I would wait until the 14 weeks; speak with them and see what they says...hopefully its not a robot reply per usual. Moreover, lets hope that they would have granted your application prior to the 14th week.

I contacted them on the 27th Nov to request my passport back, and they sent it today. I also wrote to them urging them to send the BIO appointment at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urrrrrrrrrrrgh...it's so annoying waiting. We feel helpless. I would recommend the premium services. We were not able to take it up as my husbands visa would expire :roll:

kingkajee
Newly Registered

Post by kingkajee » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:45 pm

HOOOOOORAY!!! We got our passports back today - HUGE relief!!! Now we can look forward to the honeymoon. OK for those that are still waiting on theirs, here is our leadtimes..
Applied - 15th Sept 09 (My wife was the applicant - application was submitted without my passport due to business trip)
Fees taken – 17th Sept
BIOS taken – 25th Sept (Croydon)
My Passport sent – 6th Oct
Confirmation letter and passports – 3rd Dec ï

keke7708
Newly Registered

Post by keke7708 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Wooooow...what a relief for you and your wife!!!

Thank you for all your posts. I have appreciated them. I guess I'll see you on this site in two years time for the Indifinate Leave Application.

dangermouze
Newly Registered

Post by dangermouze » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:46 am

hi has anyone here received their application back recently by special delivery or was it sent by recorded mail? as i did not put a special delivery enevelope in with my application, and we submitted on 21st september and we have heard nothing yet.

Thanks

Giff
Newly Registered

Post by Giff » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm

I've been waiting a little over 10 weeks and I still havent even received notification to go and get my BIOS done. I called the HO today and the man told me that my application wasnt even on their system yet!!

Is there anything I can do as i have a job offer (since Nov) and the company are patiently waiting but I do not think they will wait another 14 weeks after i have my Bios done.

Posted application: 19 Nov 2009
Letter of Acceptance of Application: 23 Nov 2009
Fees taken: 24 Nov 2009

and still nothing.....

How can my application 'not be on the system yet' if they have given me a reference number and taken the visa fee from me???

bongaye
Newly Registered

Post by bongaye » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:30 am

Giff wrote:I've been waiting a little over 10 weeks and I still havent even received notification to go and get my BIOS done. I called the HO today and the man told me that my application wasnt even on their system yet!!

Is there anything I can do as i have a job offer (since Nov) and the company are patiently waiting but I do not think they will wait another 14 weeks after i have my Bios done.

Posted application: 19 Nov 2009
Letter of Acceptance of Application: 23 Nov 2009
Fees taken: 24 Nov 2009

and still nothing.....

How can my application 'not be on the system yet' if they have given me a reference number and taken the visa fee from me???

iam in the same situation.mine is even terrible because they sent back my application as invalid due to photo format.ive sent the photos and no news yet.no letter for biometrics yet and many job offers lost.waiting since oct 28th.three mo0nths today.not even biometrics

i made the worst mistake by sending by post. should have done it in person and paid the extra 200 pounds.ive lost so much waiting.a penny wise pound foolish
does any one have the fax number for sheffield?that will help

elv15

Post by elv15 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Hie guys. Anyone waiting after applying FLR (M)?

dpk
Newly Registered

Post by dpk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:06 pm

elv15 wrote:Hie guys. Anyone waiting after applying FLR (M)?
Hello,

We are thinking of applying for wife's FLR M application by post. Could anyone let us know about the rough waiting time for this visa category.

Thanks a lot.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Is your case straight foward, if yes then go for it, if not then expect to wait longer.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

dpk
Newly Registered

Post by dpk » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:58 pm

elv15 wrote:Is your case straight foward, if yes then go for it, if not then expect to wait longer.
Very straight forward application (IMHO). Got all the documents. But don't want to wait 6 months or more. I'm trying to guage rough idea.

Sony78
Newly Registered

Post by Sony78 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:06 am

Just posted my FLR(M)application last week Thursday,it now shows on royalmail website as delivered on Friday morning at 7:29am.I waited a year for the certificate of approval...and now I don't just really bother because I am already aware of how processing times with the UKBA can be frustrating.I am happy to read various people's experiences.I will keep u guys updated.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Why did you wait that long for COA, what is your immigration status?

Sony78
Newly Registered

Post by Sony78 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:19 am

elv15 wrote:Why did you wait that long for COA, what is your immigration status?
Overstayer...but no more important though cos the COA has been granted.Looking forward to see what the present application outcome will be.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:34 am

I dont know the full details of your case but under normal rules your case is bound to be refused because of being overstayed. But if you argued article 8 rights etc then you might get Discreationary Leave to remain but thats not easy to get and you face a very long wait, do you have kids and did you see an immigration lawyer before submitting that application?

elv15

Post by elv15 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:37 am

Sony78 wrote:
elv15 wrote:Why did you wait that long for COA, what is your immigration status?
Overstayer...but no more important though cos the COA has been granted.Looking forward to see what the present application outcome will be.
What do you mean by that?

Sony78
Newly Registered

Post by Sony78 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:55 pm

elv15 wrote:I dont know the full details of your case but under normal rules your case is bound to be refused because of being overstayed. But if you argued article 8 rights etc then you might get Discreationary Leave to remain but thats not easy to get and you face a very long wait, do you have kids and did you see an immigration lawyer before submitting that application?

Yes I did see an immigration lawyer before submitting the application.Article 8strongly applies anyway.I have an 11month old child,I was charged for secondary healthcare,which is being paid by direct debit by my partner,I study for an MBA presently,which my partner pays for.I do my best of efforts to help integrate lol while hoping it will be considered.I do some unpaid voluntary work too in an NGO that deals with immigration and healthcare issues.I had a talk with a policy worker too about my situation.I am aware it might be refused but for now,I just wait then will get on as things move on.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:04 pm

You seem to be on the right path, I hope UKBA will grant you some sort of stay. Have you received the akcowledgement letter yet? Keep us updated on how you get on.

Sony78
Newly Registered

Post by Sony78 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:05 pm

elv15 wrote:
Sony78 wrote:
What do you mean by that?
I mean that atleast something has been done.For sure being granted a COA does not imply being granted LTR but atleast that step is considered now as passed and I hate being pessimistic to be sincere.I am naturally a very realistic and optimistic person in everything I do,no matter how twisted and frustrating the situation is,I always say:"I have got a learning for my saddle bag".

Sony78
Newly Registered

Post by Sony78 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:10 pm

elv15 wrote:You seem to be on the right path, I hope UKBA will grant you some sort of stay. Have you received the akcowledgement letter yet? Keep us updated on how you get on.
I have not received the acknowledgement letter yet.I will sure do come back for updates as soon as they arise.Thanks for devoting some of ur precious time to contribute and participate.It's a pleasure.

geenabee18
Newly Registered

Post by geenabee18 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:00 pm

well.
my husband lodged his application on 04/04/11
recieved visa 13/04/11

about 2 weeks spouse visa issued

although he did return to his country of origin on 03/03/11
it took us along time to get the application ready!
but success!

never lose hope people!

geenabee18
Newly Registered

Post by geenabee18 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:00 pm

plus he overstayed by about 4 years!!!

Sony78
Newly Registered

Post by Sony78 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:14 am

Wow I am shocked Greenabee18 so soon?when did he do the biometrics?Yes of course the last thing is to lose hope,once u lose hope motivation goes down the weakest lane and everything falls into the sea.I am always optimistic in everything I do by nature and lived experiences have taught and built me into a stronger person today.Good for u guys.Now u guys do have a better life far away from stressful stuff u know what I mean...lol.Good to hear stories like this one too as not too diferent from mine