ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of Address applying psw

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:44 pm

psw2009 wrote:thanks Please check the following link European School of Economics is in listed bodies http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/
Yes u college is on the DIUS list and is a listed body.

psw2009
Member of Standing

shall i go ahead

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:37 am

then shall i go ahead to apply for psw visa through this college which is listed body but tier4 licence is not issued yet

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:32 am

Indeed, go ahead and apply, given that if you go to Appendix A of the Immigration Rules, and in particular look at Table 9 in 53, you will see you get 20 points for :-
The applicant studied for his award at a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or which holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the Points Based System
-: and as you say, they are listed.
John

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:58 am

At the moment, the European School of Economics is recognised by the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills as a listed bodies
http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegr ... y=Category

All those institutions or bodies, which for the time being, deliver courses that lead to degrees awarded by Recognised Bodies.

An applicant can claim 20 points if he/she has undertaken a period of study for the eligible qualification at an institution that:
-Is a United Kingdom recognised or United Kingdom listed body; or
-Holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points-based system.

From the look of things, I don't see the reason why someone should be refused based on the assumption that the school is not listed under the Tier 4 of the points-based system. There are two criteria for a student to be awarded the 20 points, either the school is a recognised/listed body or a Tier 4 licence holder. Since European School of Economics qualifies for the former, their students' shouldn't face any problem applying for the PWS.

When it comes to the issuance of visa, each individual's application are assessed differently. Most of the Case Workers are not conversant with the new system, confused and give different interpretations to the policy guidelines. Some may interprete the PSW as being a point-based system, the institution must be found under the Tier 4 list, and therefore applications from such institutions not found on the list do not qualify for the visa. I don't see the reason why you cannot apply for the PWS visa.

Is the college which is going to issue your degree or by another institution (university)?
Last edited by ammeck09 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:15 am

Some may interprete the PSW as being a point-based system
It clearly is a points-based system!
the institution must be found under the Tier 4 list, and therefore applications from such institutions not found on the list do not qualify for the visa.
No! See my post above yours, where I quote the relevant part of the Immigration Rules.
John

psw2009
Member of Standing

degree

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:06 am

my degree will be issue by the university of buckingham next year april-2010 but i could get a letter and hopefully transcripts as well to apply for the visa as my visa is expiring in august-2009 but college is saying they will be able to issue me transcript in sep-2009 however i am pushing them hard to give me transcript before my in person appointment on 14th august so i will have the following documents from college and university.

1. letter from European School of Economics (according to the guidance notes where student is not able to provide certificate what college should state)
2. Letter from University of Buckingham
3. Hopefuly transcript from University of Buckingham

psw2009
Member of Standing

degree

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:52 pm

ammeck09 the above post is response to your question that
Is the college which is going to issue your degree or by another institution (university)? please let me have your comments.

i really appreciated to all for the very very useful suggestions and information

psw2009
Member of Standing

Final comments plz regarding psw visa comments

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:09 pm

psw2009 wrote:HI GUYS,

i have complete my degree in a college for a university qualification and want to apply for the psw visa but i will receive the degree next year but i could ask college for following documents to apply for visa.
1. Letter from college with all details as given in guidance notes by HO
2. Letter from University for the date of award
3. Transcript from the university

the only problem is that my friend visa is refused who was studying with me in the same college because college is not yet registered under tier4 and he didnt attach any university letter or transcript but i am going to attach university letter and transcripts as university have got the licence

The thing is the school is trying to get the school accredited on the register of sponsors list but I'm concerned that things are dragging on and it is unlikely to get this sorted before my student visa expires.

please let me have your comments i shall be very thankful to you.

psw2009
Member of Standing

comments

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:11 pm

please let me have comments regarding below

my degree will be issue by the university of buckingham next year april-2010 but i could get a letter and hopefully transcripts as well to apply for the visa as my visa is expiring in august-2009 but college is saying they will be able to issue me transcript in sep-2009 however i am pushing them hard to give me transcript before my in person appointment on 14th august so i will have the following documents from college and university.

1. letter from European School of Economics (according to the guidance notes where student is not able to provide certificate what college should state)
2. Letter from University of Buckingham
3. Hopefuly transcript from University of Buckingham

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Go on and apply since the university of buckingham, the awarding body is a recognised body as well as your college being on the listed bodies of institutions.

Get all those letters listed in some of your contributions to this thread, and apply. If your application is not approved (which I doubt), your chances of winning appeal is very high. By that time your college may also have attain the Tier 4 licence. I strongly believe you will sail through without any hindrance.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm

John wrote:
Some may interprete the PSW as being a point-based system
It clearly is a points-based system!
the institution must be found under the Tier 4 list, and therefore applications from such institutions not found on the list do not qualify for the visa.
No! See my post above yours, where I quote the relevant part of the Immigration Rules.
Try to understand the whole sentence before breaking it down. This sentence does not show that the PWS is not a point-based system with the word "being". Read the whole post you commented on. I'm not saying the institution must be on the Tier 4 before their students' can apply for PSW. That statement I made was meant to explain how some of the confused case workers may interprete the policy guidelines.
Some may interprete the PSW as being a point-based system, the institution must be found under the Tier 4 list, and therefore applications from such institutions not found on the list do not qualify for the visa.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:25 pm

ammeck09, please try to appreciate that by starting a new paragraph with "Some may .... " it was not obvious that there was a direct connection between those two paragraphs.

It simply did not occur to me that the "Some" actually meant "Some case workers". Had you not started a new paragraph, the connection would have been obvious. How you wrote it, it was not.
John

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:32 pm

John wrote:ammeck09, please try to appreciate that by starting a new paragraph with "Some may .... " it was not obvious that there was a direct connection between those two paragraphs.

It simply did not occur to me that the "Some" actually meant "Some case workers". Had you not started a new paragraph, the connection would have been obvious. How you wrote it, it was not.
ok, point taking.

psw2009
Member of Standing

change of Addresss

Post by psw2009 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 pm

thank you so much for your help i have another question plz i have move from previous home since three months but i have not changge the address with bank so my bank statement which i am going to attach for psw visa showing my previous address now shall i put new address or old address for below question from psw visa application.

Tier 1 (Post Study Work ) Applicatio n Form - Sectio n 2
B15. Full address: Old adress as on bank statement or new address for which i dont have any proof of address
B16. Postcode:

thanks

psw2009
Member of Standing

anyone

Post by psw2009 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 am

could anyone please answer to the above i shall be very very thankful