ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP ILR JR: backdated child benefit claim

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newuser11
Newly Registered

Post by newuser11 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:37 pm

I have not received confirmation letter & letter receive for the 1st payment.

I received the letter at the end of July to send us the passports of childern + school information. I send them the copy of attested passports.

Again received letter in August please send them passport i send them attested copies again.

I called them to ask about the status they said they have done the verification from school and we will pass your case to accounts department.

Called them again they said some one will call you to update the status in 5 working days.

Waiting for their call.....

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:14 am

sent out on 12/Aug, received first payment on 15/Oct - 9 weeks
backdated 3 months, I did include the letter from UKBA, also made a simple statement on the additional notes field.

HSMPLover

Re: HSMP Lover

Post by HSMPLover » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:08 am

Hi,

Today I have got original documents back (happy nothing lost/left behind in CB office) like:

1: Passport
2: Backdated ILR Letter

in a special delivery pre-paid envelop.

This mail does not carry any information about the approval so status is still the same...

Regards
HSMPLover.

HSMPLover wrote:Hi,

Just a little update.

This saturday I got letter from CB department after 3 months.

The letter stated that:

"We want to confirm/verify your ILR status in UK......"

"Please send us your passport as in original"

also

"Please send us any home office document that you have stating your ILR in original."

I have sent both documents in a special delivery with pre-paid envelop as well.

I am wondering what kind of their service is, Initially when I put my application I sent all the photocopies of my document including HOME office letter, Passport, child Birth certificates.??????

VERY POOR.

Lets see what will the outcome now.........

Regards
HSMPLover.

HSMPLover

Re: HSMP Lover

Post by HSMPLover » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:49 am

Hi All,

Finally I have got a letter from CB that are happy to pay me CB from APRIL 2009 (3 months back dated) not from the date when my ILR was due (October 2008).

I would suggest all member please don't go for CB benefit more than 3 months back to keep the claim simple & easy to process as they are not going to approve unless some member claims that he has got CB more than 3 months back dated.

All my efforts went in vain. But I am OK at least they have processed my claim in 4 months.

Regards
HSMPLover.

Today I have got original documents back (happy nothing lost/left behind in CB office) like:

1: Passport
2: Backdated ILR Letter

in a special delivery pre-paid envelop.

This mail does not carry any information about the approval so status is still the same...

Regards
HSMPLover.

Just a little update.

This saturday I got letter from CB department after 3 months.

The letter stated that:

"We want to confirm/verify your ILR status in UK......"

"Please send us your passport as in original"

also

"Please send us any home office document that you have stating your ILR in original."

I have sent both documents in a special delivery with pre-paid envelop as well.

I am wondering what kind of their service is, Initially when I put my application I sent all the photocopies of my document including HOME office letter, Passport, child Birth certificates.??????

VERY POOR.

Lets see what will the outcome now.........

Regards
HSMPLover.

Filipinas

CB for HSMPLover

Post by Filipinas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Great... the long wait is finally over for you. Now all you have to do is wait for the payment to come in and then after 1 month, they'd send you the Child Trust Fund Voucher of £250 and the pack that would explain how to work it out.

Yeah that's the most the CB office could ever give to us or any claimant- 3 months- nothing more than that.

Filipinas

Maliksahb

Re: CB for HSMPLover

Post by Maliksahb » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 am

Hi Every one,

Just want to update regarding child benefit that may be helpful for others. I applied for child benefit at 10 June 2013 and got approved at 29 Jun 2013. It took three weeks.
Documents i sent are
Photocopy of BRP,
Original Home office BRP approval letter,
Original Birth certificate