ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any PSW (Applicant)Applying from Pakistan after 10 Sept 09?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Gngmei wrote:AOA
Im applying for PSW in Oct.from Pakistan.
I randomly came across this thread and was intrigued to read that
a. TB Certification
b. Letter from bank confirming funds.
was required.

Please advise me where you received this information as I have not come across this either on the UKBorder or Gerrys webpage.
Thanks
T.B Certificate is mandatory if your last certificate has been expired and you again applying visa from outside U.K for the duration of over six month. You can confirm it by calling their helpline (for land lines: 090010411) or by going to this link.

http://www.ukvacpk.com/howtoapply.aspx Please read carefully

Statement is enough and attaching a letter with it is not required but if you do - its no harm... statement and letter is just to satisfy visa officer. Make sure letter is on bank's letter pad, signed and stamp by branch manager....

Thanks....

[/url]

Gngmei
Newly Registered

Post by Gngmei » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Hey Thanks
I got the info. I had no idea. Damn. Every time its something new to stress over.
How long does it take to get the TB Screening done. My app at Gerrys lahore is on the 28 and Im leaving for Pakistan on the 12 from UK. I guess Ill call IOM from here and take the appointment. I cant miss anything coz my last date of applying is 1 nov.
2ndly Give me some advice. My bank statement is 3rd of each month but the minimum amount was transferred on the 9th of July. I have requested original bank statements from 3 July to 3 Oct. What do I do about the 6 days. I was thinking getting an electronic bank statement and then getting the bank letter to testify it.

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Gngmei wrote:Hey Thanks
I got the info. I had no idea. Damn. Every time its something new to stress over.
How long does it take to get the TB Screening done. My app at Gerrys lahore is on the 28 and Im leaving for Pakistan on the 12 from UK. I guess Ill call IOM from here and take the appointment. I cant miss anything coz my last date of applying is 1 nov.
2ndly Give me some advice. My bank statement is 3rd of each month but the minimum amount was transferred on the 9th of July. I have requested original bank statements from 3 July to 3 Oct. What do I do about the 6 days. I was thinking getting an electronic bank statement and then getting the bank letter to testify it.
Try to book for appointment quickly (for T.B screening) ....

Yes u can get electronic statement or bank letter or u can wait for six days extra ... for more detail click on the following link (contains PDF document)..... refer to Page 19

[url]http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... dance1.pdf[/url][/url]

Gngmei
Newly Registered

Post by Gngmei » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Beeen trying to call the IOM TB Screening call centre for 3 days and havent got through. Im put on hold and then after 10 rings the phone is disconnected. How long does this TB screening procedure take, whats the cost and how soon does one get the result. Would I be able to get an appointment asap or wait a months? Any help is appreciated.

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Gngmei wrote:Beeen trying to call the IOM TB Screening call centre for 3 days and havent got through. Im put on hold and then after 10 rings the phone is disconnected. How long does this TB screening procedure take, whats the cost and how soon does one get the result. Would I be able to get an appointment asap or wait a months? Any help is appreciated.

Don't Know whats wrong with the numbers why they are not working ... what you can do ask anyone from your family to call and book on your behalf But make sure when you call them you have passport number and National I.D card number in your hand. And ask for early appointment.

Whole procedure last for an hour but you get certificate/result after three hours (Talking about Lahore). And cost is Rs: 3000/- .

For early appointment book yourself early and I think you will get early appointment as its not busy time of the year. But don't take risk ....

shoaibazizmeer@hotmail.co
Newly Registered

Re: Any PSW (Applicant)Applying from Pakistan after 10 Sept

Post by shoaibazizmeer@hotmail.co » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi,

I also plan to apply for PSW. My question is that, is it mendatory to submit T.B Tetection Certificate?

Regards,

Shoaib[/quote]

nadkad
Newly Registered

Re: Any PSW (Applicant)Applying from Pakistan after 10 Sept

Post by nadkad » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm

shoaibazizmeer@hotmail.co wrote:Hi,

I also plan to apply for PSW. My question is that, is it mendatory to submit T.B Tetection Certificate?

Regards,

Shoaib
T.B Certificate is mandatory if your last certificate has been expired and you again applying visa from outside U.K (Pakistan or where applicable) for the duration of over six month. You can confirm it by calling their helpline (for land lines: 090010411/Pakistan) or by going to this link.

http://www.ukvacpk.com/howtoapply.aspx Please read carefully

Thanks.......

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:10 am

Guys keep me updated about your status ... As I applied on 24 Sept. Haven't heard any thing from Visa People so far ... Still Waiting ........

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:20 pm

VISA Applied: 24 Sept 2009
VISA Received: 06 NOV 2009
Visa Valid till: Sept 2011

Rashid Ali
Newly Registered

GREAT JOB NADKAD

Post by Rashid Ali » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:06 am

Hi
U did gr8 job Nadkad, Wish u all the best for ur PSW, I been refused PSW due to date of notification of award, as I applied before date of notification fo award, I tried to submit fresh premium application but HO didnt accpet, Now I got 2 choices
1: Appeal to High Court and apply by post out of time application ( but i dont know it works or not )
2: Come to Home Country and apply from here
But if i come to Pak , i have to wait for 3 Months, can u please tell me any gud user frndly bank which gives option of foreign currency account and online banking as well?
Kind Regards

Rashid Ali
Newly Registered

TB test validity

Post by Rashid Ali » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi
Can some one plz tell me how long TB test would be valid for ? It has some expiry date or it just gives u certficate of bein TB free.

nadkad
Newly Registered

Re: TB test validity

Post by nadkad » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Rashid Ali wrote:Hi
Can some one plz tell me how long TB test would be valid for ? It has some expiry date or it just gives u certficate of bein TB free.
Certificate is valid for six month and you have to renew it only if you apply for visa from Pakistan...

Gngmei
Newly Registered

PSW update

Post by Gngmei » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Hey
I applied for PSW on 29 October 2009 and received it 13 November 2009. Thanks for the help.
Relatively hassle free. Asked firend to take appointment as I was still in the UK and last date for applying was 30 Oct 2009. Got appointment for 24 October 2009. Went to submit but found out that my passport had been incorrectly stated so was turned back. Got an appointment for 28 Oct. luckily. Whole process took 1 hour. Cant phones or bags inside. Received call on 13 morning. Received passport after one hour of wait. TB appointment took 30 mins. and collected after 4 hours or so.
Attached 3 months bank statement and attached bank letter as last month statement was issued after leaving UK but luckily got a branch generated statement which was till the date required. Letter just stated that I had funs for stipulated dates and balance never went under 3000 pounds.

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Congratulations Gngmei! That was quick

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 pm

well done Gngmei .... :D