ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I get an ILR ? -- I got it now :)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FENMAN
Newly Registered

Post by FENMAN » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:53 am

Does that mean that you can exclude all public holidays and weekends from over all 180 day limit

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Deleted

ash20

Post by ash20 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:27 pm

FENMAN wrote:Does that mean that you can exclude all public holidays and weekends from over all 180 day limit
Yes, you can . I suggest if you are under or equal 180 days with weekdays then keep as it is . if you are more than 180 days discount weekdays . Should work .. worked for me

FENMAN
Newly Registered

Post by FENMAN » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:02 pm

I was on WP till date, while appearing for ILR appointment, do I need to have/carry all the Workpermit letter copies ?? I dont have them all :(

Given the fact that I will have stamping on my PP, for all workpermit extensions, will that not suffice?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Sorry I can't see how weekends and bank hols are discounted - it defies logic....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ash20

Post by ash20 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:23 pm

I followed few posts in this forum where weekends were discounted and had successfully obtained ILR . I followed same and it did work.

Original work permit is not required at all if you have copy or any correspondence letter from HO i suggest to keep them with u during interview

FENMAN
Newly Registered

Post by FENMAN » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Thanks mate.

How is the ILR success rate for Interviews at Croydon office, Good/Fair/Bad ?

Depending on that I am thinking to change my Interview location.

ash20

Post by ash20 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:22 pm

FENMAN wrote:Thanks mate.

How is the ILR success rate for Interviews at Croydon office, Good/Fair/Bad ?

Depending on that I am thinking to change my Interview location.
So far the feedback from forum member doesnt seem to be positive about Croydon. Though it varies from case to case. I guess Birmingham is the best.
Good luck

FENMAN
Newly Registered

Re: Will I get an ILR ?

Post by FENMAN » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:51 am

I got my ILR last week in Cryodon PEO office.

Thanks a trillion for all your data points and Good luck to you all who are appearing for ILR premium appointment.

Cheers!
FENMAN wrote:Hi,

I am on a continuous Work-permit and completeing 5 years in UK very soon. But I was out of UK for 4months in the past, viz:

1. In 2007, I have been to India on a holiday for a month. But, I continued to be on UK payroll during this month.
2. After that, I went to Singapore from India for one month. I was on India payroll during this month.
3. After that, I stayed in India for 2 months and came back to UK . I was on India Payroll for those 2 months

Note: My overall stay outside UK little over than 180 days.

Will UKBA ignore my initial one month of holiday, because I was on UK paid leave? Do you think that I can qualify for ILR?

Please share your thoughts

Thanks in advance!

johnnyng
Newly Registered

Re: Will I get an ILR ?

Post by johnnyng » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 am

Congratulation mate
FENMAN wrote:I got my ILR last week in Cryodon PEO office.

Thanks a trillion for all your data points and Good luck to you all who are appearing for ILR premium appointment.

Cheers!
FENMAN wrote:Hi,

I am on a continuous Work-permit and completeing 5 years in UK very soon. But I was out of UK for 4months in the past, viz:

1. In 2007, I have been to India on a holiday for a month. But, I continued to be on UK payroll during this month.
2. After that, I went to Singapore from India for one month. I was on India payroll during this month.
3. After that, I stayed in India for 2 months and came back to UK . I was on India Payroll for those 2 months

Note: My overall stay outside UK little over than 180 days.

Will UKBA ignore my initial one month of holiday, because I was on UK paid leave? Do you think that I can qualify for ILR?

Please share your thoughts

Thanks in advance!