ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr overstay,gap problem

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ranz
Newly Registered

Post by ranz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:37 pm

hi there..i have same satuation like you and my ILR been refused last year in 2009 and i am in uk from 2003 on workpermit.my gap was 9 month and i was wating for my workpermit aproval.and my visa went expire.anyway i wish you best of luck.all the solicitors are lier big time.they jus know how to make money so dont listen to them mate..[/b]

jammybunn

Post by jammybunn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:06 pm

the solicitors are just going to have a field day charging you for this application, and any subsequent appeal they advise you to lodge. Your application will fail. You need to complete 5 years CONTINUOUS RESIDENCE. you overstayed (whoevers fault is regardless) your continuous residence ended. You left the UK ending all residence and arrived on a fresh WP and this commenced a fresh start, your application is doomed

venu479
Newly Registered

Post by venu479 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Just thought will give an update on my case. I have applied my ilr via postal application and have receieved my passports today with ilr stamp. I am definitely on cloud9 as i am damn relieved of the tensions that i took for nearly a year.

Just for info i have applied it on 11th sept and received the passports today on 16th nov, a little more than 2 months.

Thanks all for your help and my advise is to stay positive and give a try without thinking far too much.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Congratulations! I think you were very lucky indeed.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:47 am

yeah - all those idiots who said the application was doomed were wrong. Good! I'm glad common sense prevailed.

schindler

Post by schindler » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:01 pm

venu479 wrote:Just thought will give an update on my case. I have applied my ilr via postal application and have receieved my passports today with ilr stamp. I am definitely on cloud9 as i am damn relieved of the tensions that i took for nearly a year.

Just for info i have applied it on 11th sept and received the passports today on 16th nov, a little more than 2 months.

Thanks all for your help and my advise is to stay positive and give a try without thinking far too much.
Hi Venu,
I sent you a PM as I am in a similar case with 6 weeks gap between my WP and HSMP.could you please respond.?

venu479
Newly Registered

Post by venu479 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:15 pm

hi schindler, yes i did receive my ilr.