ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query with dependent visa while applying ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_Applicant

Post by ILR_Applicant » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi I have PMed you on this. I am also on same boat, presently on Tier1 and eligible for ILR. My wife has joined me just 2 months ago and what will be her status?

Can I include her in application, If I need to apply FLR(M) for her how soon I need to? if its with in 28 days, do I get PEO appointment if she has to attend personally.

I tried to call UKBA to get answers but they suggest see our website.
gd_chandrasekar wrote:Hi

Thats my doubt, can we both apply together so that i will get PR and she get a switch from tier-1 dependend to FLR(m).

because otherwise i need to apply for me and spend £ 1000+ and again apply FLR(m) for her and spend another £1000+.. thats tooo much for me. or for anyone.

Thanks
vinny wrote:I think your Tier 1 dependant wife would need to spend a minimum period of two years in the UK before qualifying for settlement (319E(d)), unless you are affected by the HSMP Forum Ltd judicial review judgment of 6 April 2009 (settlement in the UK).

When you apply for settlement, I believe that she may switch to FLR(M) and subsequently apply for SET(M) (287(a)(i)(d)).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:31 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:Thats my doubt, can we both apply together so that i will get PR and she get a switch from tier-1 dependend to FLR(m).
She will need to apply for extension (using FLR(M) form) after you are granted ILR.

You can include dependents in SET(O) form only if they are eligible for ILR at the same time as you.

regards

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Hello guys

finally its confirmed. I called UKBA and for the info.

We can not club diff applicaton documents in one processing. Which means I need to apply for PR first and then apply for FLR(m). So i need to pay twice fees. And also there is no time frame there on processing FLR(m), he said need to apply ASAP. Better to apply before 14 days think.
sushdmehta wrote:
gd_chandrasekar wrote:Thats my doubt, can we both apply together so that i will get PR and she get a switch from tier-1 dependend to FLR(m).
She will need to apply for extension (using FLR(M) form) after you are granted ILR.

You can include dependents in SET(O) form only if they are eligible for ILR at the same time as you.

regards

Markie

Post by Markie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:23 pm

it is reallu tyhe process...
gd_chandrasekar wrote:Hello guys

finally its confirmed. I called UKBA and for the info.

We can not club diff applicaton documents in one processing. Which means I need to apply for PR first and then apply for FLR(m). So i need to pay twice fees. And also there is no time frame there on processing FLR(m), he said need to apply ASAP. Better to apply before 14 days think.
sushdmehta wrote:

regards