ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice needed please !!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Sorry...OP = Original Poster...you. :)
I'll have to let one of the others explain the process of applying to extend his student visa.

stellabella99

Post by stellabella99 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:14 am

Woohoo, got unmarried couple visa even though not living together for 2 years. We got the visa after 3 weeks.

After getting a 3 month extension on his student visa and running out of options, we decided to just give the unmarried couple visa a go and if they rejected it then we would fight it under Article 8.

We were prepared for rejection and instead received an ID card.

stellabella99

Forum Very Unhelpful

Post by stellabella99 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:44 am

By the way I found this forum very unhelpful and advice inaccurate and some members quite bigoted. I would not recommend this site to anyone and if I had not listened to your advice I would have got sorted out a lot sooner and saved a load of money.

Just posting now so that you can improve the quality of your advice.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun May 30, 2010 12:59 am

stellabella99 wrote:Woohoo, got unmarried couple visa even though not living together for 2 years. We got the visa after 3 weeks.

After getting a 3 month extension on his student visa and running out of options, we decided to just give the unmarried couple visa a go and if they rejected it then we would fight it under Article 8.

We were prepared for rejection and instead received an ID card.
Your case is a rare one. Just because you got lucky and got your approval doesn't mean that everyone else will in your situation. The members on this forum are giving truthful advice. This advice is also free. An OISC registered adviser would most likely have told you the same thing but would have charged you. I think it's quite rude of you to talk trash about this forum and it's members.
I tell it like it is.

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Sun May 30, 2010 11:32 am

I would just like to say how annoying it is to read OP's last comment.
it seems that apart from Meats, (who is banned),you were given excellent advice, eg extending his student visa to give time to apply COA or allowing change to a different category, which does seem to be what you have in fact done...!!!
I have re-read your posts several times, and cannot see where you have been given bad advice...just out of curiosity, how exactly would you have saved time and money by not listening to advice given on here?????

batleykhan

Re: Forum Very Unhelpful

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 30, 2010 11:56 am

stellabella99 wrote:By the way I found this forum very unhelpful and advice inaccurate and some members quite bigoted. I would not recommend this site to anyone and if I had not listened to your advice I would have got sorted out a lot sooner and saved a load of money.

Good bye then. Dont waste our time in the future. :x

stellabella99

Post by stellabella99 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Goodness, I am shocked by your responses.

PLease refer my earlier thread BOYFRIEND IS MY TWINS FATHER BUT ON STUDENT VISA
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Yes the advice is free and I suspect many people rely on it, there is no point providing advice if its counter productive.

Also, I do not think its fair to have my personal circumstances attacked by a "guru'" just because I was relying on their knowledge, it really felt like that person was abusing their position. Anyway the advice given was untrue by that person anyway.

With regards to losing money and time. We should have gone for the unmarried couple visa from the start and were put off doing so by this forum.

I'm sorry if you think I am rude, but just look at some of the posts I received. I am only posting now so you take it on the chin and address where you went wrong.

I also know there are some genuine, knowledgeable people on this forum and this is no err on them.

And if this is a rare case you may want to examine the merits of it and address future advice.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun May 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Just a couple of things: If you had applied for the unmarried partner visa any earlier, a rejection would have been about 80% likely. So waiting was a good thing which is what you were advised to do and what you did!!!

What I meant by this being a rare case was that most people only get approved after 2 years of cohabitation evidence or more when it comes to UPV. You got absolutely lucky and received an approval. Your outcome will not be the same for most of the people in the same situation. So there is nothing to address!!

I think you're being very ungrateful and wasting the time of everyone by posting your last immature remarks.

edit to add: I've read your linked thread and feel that nobody was attacking you personally or telling you what to do, just telling you what options you had and the most uncomplicated route to take.
I tell it like it is.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 30, 2010 3:58 pm

ElenaW wrote:Just a couple of things: If you had applied for the unmarried partner visa any earlier, a rejection would have been about 80% likely. So waiting was a good thing which is what you were advised to do and what you did!!!

What I meant by this being a rare case was that most people only get approved after 2 years of cohabitation evidence or more when it comes to UPV. You got absolutely lucky and received an approval. Your outcome will not be the same for most of the people in the same situation. So there is nothing to address!!

I think you're being very ungrateful and wasting the time of everyone by posting your last immature remarks.

edit to add: I've read your linked thread and feel that nobody was attacking you personally or telling you what to do, just telling you what options you had and the most uncomplicated route to take.
You are the crossbow cannibal AICMFP....

The OP might find the visa rescinded or probing questions asked at ILR time, stanger things have happened so now is not the time to be smug, what goes around comes around....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Forum Very Unhelpful

Post by HRY2005 » Sun May 30, 2010 4:09 pm

stellabella99 wrote:By the way I found this forum very unhelpful and advice inaccurate and some members quite bigoted. I would not recommend this site to anyone and if I had not listened to your advice I would have got sorted out a lot sooner and saved a load of money.

Congratulations and wish you all the best. I am really happy for you and your partner and the twins. As for this forum, I would say its the best out there in terms of advice. I have learned a lot from here and have taken useful advice from the knowledgeable, intelligent and informed members on this forum.

Having said that, there are lots of people on here that think its a personal thing. Some discourage other people from taken important actions on their life with their pessimism and "never possible" attitude and advice, some dont even know what they are talking about. I have experienced such personal attacks and so do other members who came here for genuine advice. VT left this forum and sought advice elsewhere for the same reasons.

I agreed that some cases are quite difficult and occassionally people need to be critisized but what about "constructive critisism". Illegals dont want to be illegals and will do anything to sort their problems and live a normal life. The fact that you are not in their position does not make you better than them, count yourself lucky and glorify God. I know the moderators on this forum have seen this and they are doing something about it.

This forum is the best in my opinion and the number of testimonies is a clear evidence of that. There are lots of people on this forum that would give a clear, informed, accurate and intelligent advice, so you need to learn how to discern them, ignore the useless ones and follow the informed ones, mostly from the moderators and some other intelligent members.

Congratulations once again and good luck for the future.

stellabella99

Post by stellabella99 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:58 pm

Last post, thanks HRY, good luck in your life too. ElenaW, fair point on the extension, it has meant we having been living togther that bit longer. Wanderer, they can probe all they like, all we have told is the truth and I'm not smug just relieved and thanks for your words of encouragement too, all I can say is "right back at you".

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 31, 2010 3:02 pm

stellabella99 wrote:Last post, thanks HRY, good luck in your life too. ElenaW, fair point on the extension, it has meant we having been living togther that bit longer. Wanderer, they can probe all they like, all we have told is the truth and I'm not smug just relieved and thanks for your words of encouragement too, all I can say is "right back at you".
:lol:
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....