ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings - Second Employer has not deducted Tax&

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:30 pm

meats wrote: If he's not paying tax then he is breaking the law as 2nd jobs don't have a tax free allowance.
Tax is not being taken out of his paycheck, there is a difference between that and not paying tax. Perhaps that distinction is too subtle for you.
Last edited by republique on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:32 pm

republique wrote:
meats wrote:
republique wrote:
meats wrote:
Wrong. Assuming that the OP has been working for the duration of this tax year then he would've gone over the tax free allowance in his main job. The 2nd job will be taxed straightaway and if he's been overtaxed then a rebate can be claimed. There is NO tax free allowance on second jobs.

The tax code that the OP has provided is an emergency tax code. If he's only paid £37.40 tax on nearly £4k then something is very very wrong unless that's his weekly tax and he's earning around £150 a week.
Of course you are quick to contradict what I have said when you were completely wrong about stating that if he is not paying tax, he is breaking the law and won't get his visa. So I really don't pay attention to your sudden understanding of the tax law. At the end of the day, he is not in trouble.
If he's not paying tax then he is breaking the law as 2nd jobs don't have a tax free allowance.
Tax is not being taken out of his paycheck, there is a difference between that and not paying tax. Perhaps that distinction is too subtle for you.
I don't know about you but £30 tax out of £3k is wrong. The OP needs to clarify whether that £30 is taken every week or that's the total he's paid to date.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:34 pm

meats wrote:
I don't know about you but £30 tax out of £3k is wrong. The OP needs to clarify whether that £30 is taken every week or that's the total he's paid to date.
No he doesn't have to clarify anything. I already know he is not in trouble but if you want to have a cow, feel free.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:39 pm

republique wrote:
meats wrote:
No he doesn't have to clarify anything. I already know he is not in trouble but if you want to have a cow, feel free.
Well if you think a tax rate of 1% is correct then feel free. I'm telling you now that it isn't.

rocket_singh
Newly Registered

Post by rocket_singh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:16 pm

I am married but my wife is in India & presently i am only applying for my visa right now and later i will apply for my wife should i have to produce my marriage certificate in my application?