ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New fees for 2010/11

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newperson

Post by newperson » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 pm

If you are a citizen of certain countries, the price for certain applications is different:
For certain types of application, we offer a reduced fee to nationals of countries that have ratified the Council of Europe Social Charter (1961) (the CESC), in line with the UK’s obligations under this Charter. These countries are Croatia, FYR Macedonia and Turkey.
If you are not a citizen of one of those countries applying in one of the economic migration categories, you pay the regular price.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 pm

disdil4u wrote:When this new fees will be application to all?
is it from february 2010 or from April 2010?
I'd really like to know the answer to this question! I have an appointment at Croydon PEO on the 1st of February :wink:

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:11 pm

wunder wrote:
disdil4u wrote:When this new fees will be application to all?
is it from february 2010 or from April 2010?
I'd really like to know the answer to this question! I have an appointment at Croydon PEO on the 1st of February :wink:
should be april.
I tell it like it is.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Great! Thank you! :lol:
It wouldn't break a bank, but still - I'd rather use the money to celebrate my future ILR :lol:

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:33 pm

wunder wrote:Great! Thank you! :lol:
It wouldn't break a bank, but still - I'd rather use the money to celebrate my future ILR :lol:
Totally!! The fees are crazy as they are. It'll be hard adjusting to the new ones but I guess you don't have too, lucky!
I tell it like it is.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:41 pm

The new fees actually start on 6th April 2010.

Here is the link to the draft regulations, which have been laid before Parliament.
John