ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant for Wife - Primary applicant not travelled

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:I guess I am proving myself wrong :cry: ... but what the heck, I might just save OP from a INR 125K loss! :P
ECB10.5 Applying for another visa but in a different category wrote:An applicant may hold more than one valid entry clearance, for example a regular traveller already holding a longer period multiple visit visa can be issued with a visa for another purpose. When issuing a second visa, the applicant should be advised to explain to the Immigration Officer on arrival in which capacity he/she is seeking entry to the UK.
Earlier responses edited so as to not confuse others.

regards
Thanks you sush for this point..... this gives me a hope

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:40 am

Hats off to the BHC. Got a reply from BHC. Fools have given me website links (www.vfs-uk.co.in www.ukvisas.gov.uk) and asked me to find information on the sites... damn...

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:03 pm

This is the first thread which is very interesting...
Please keep us posted about the final outcome...
I am also applying for TIER1 (General) on 15th Feb 2010 as 10th Feb onwards VFS in New Delhi is closed for IT Maintenance...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:05 pm

sanjaywakhare wrote:Hats off to the BHC. Got a reply from BHC. Fools have given me website links (www.vfs-uk.co.in www.ukvisas.gov.uk) and asked me to find information on the sites... damn...
ECB10.5 as mentioned above, is from UKVisas website.

regards

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Hey Guys...
this is the reply I got when I re-sent my email query to BHC....
You can hold two visas in different categories in your passport, but you must tell the Immigration Officer on arrival in the UK which visa you wish to enter on. Obviously the correct documentation will ease your leave to enter the UK.

You are free to enter the UK within the validity of your visa. Please note that the final authority to enter the UK rests with the visa officer at the port of entry.

Yours faithfully
Casework Team
Finally I have made my mind to apply for my wife's dependant. I'll be applying in next 20 days.

Also, just to update on this forum (so that others looking for similar info may benefit). Few days back, after my first call to VFS, I had called VFS once again, this time a lady answered and her answer was similar to the mail from BHC above.

I am thinking of writing a complaint email to VFS. Some guy from VFS earlier gave false information with solid confidence. Because of which I lost 15 days.

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:19 am

Hello Guys,,,,,

just to update ..... I had finally applied for my wife's defendant visa on 10th March and got it stamped on 26th March..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:24 pm

ECB10.5 (quoted in response(s) above) has been replaced with this new instruction:
Can I have more than one visa? wrote:It is not possible to hold more than one visa or entry clearance. If your circumstances change you should always inform the Home Office before you leave the UK so that your permission to stay can be curtailed. Once your permission to stay has been curtailed you will be able to apply for a new visa overseas.

regards