ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum seeker with a uk unmarried partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 pm

mochyn wrote:for those who are interested the OP first posted under ''asylum seeker work permit'' then not receiving helpful answers posted under ''asylum seeker help'' then posted under ''marriage''.
Having not received the answer he wants and because he has admitted to spending 3 months in prison as posted on 19 june 2009 under the topic ''Asylum Seeker Help'', he is desperate to stay in the UK and as we have seen recently when some people get PR they are looking to divorce their wives, purpose served

We have enough criminals in this country without importing more

This guy is laughable, saying to the UK government
''I AM A CRIMINAL REWARD ME FOR BEING BAD''
Regarding the people that get PR then divorce their husband/wife, that just pisses me off!!! Especially when the posters just talk about it casualy like it's no big deal.
I tell it like it is.

unknowna1

Why?

Post by unknowna1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Y do I feel like am being picked up on here? U lot r devaiting from da purpose ov dis forum! It's supposed to b a place where 1 can cum n seek help and advice? I like 100s ov other members on this forum r overstayers n would hv 1 point seeked employment wif false details so as to b able to survive! Am I worse than an unemployed yet capable person that will rather commit a robbery? All I asked for was a simple question which required a simple answer n yet see hw far this thread as gone but still not yet recieved a definate productive answer without some1 trying to put me down 1 way or the other! We r all human n these responds n treatments isn't at all necessary!

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:36 pm

I don't get it.

If OP is a genuine asylum seeker why would he come to the UK on 6 months visa, waits 4 years and then decides to apply for assylum?

And why UK? Is it really the nearest safe country to Ghana?
unknowna1 wrote: I came straight from Ghana on a 6 months visa n honestly I didn't evn know abt asylum at da time!
Hmm.. I really like it here in the UK. How can I stay?

Eureaka! I found a loophole! I can claim assylum here!

Ok. Assylum from whom?

Oh, I know! If I go back to Ghana my little 5 year old sister will hunt me down and murder me because of inheritance.
Can you really claim assylum from your family?

By the way is your family patrolling all points of entry to Ghana? Day and night? In case you decide to come back? and as you say murder you?

Have they put up "WANTED" posters everywhere? And what is the reward?

To be honest I don't even believe that as you claim you have a baby with that girl - if you could get fake passport then fake birth certificate must be peanuts for you.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:13 pm

OP can you not just apply for an Unmarried partner visa from your home country? You said you've lived together for two years so you qualify.
I tell it like it is.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:44 pm

BLK235 wrote:I don't get it.

If OP is a genuine asylum seeker why would he come to the UK on 6 months visa, waits 4 years and then decides to apply for assylum?

And why UK? Is it really the nearest safe country to Ghana?
unknowna1 wrote: I came straight from Ghana on a 6 months visa n honestly I didn't evn know abt asylum at da time!
Hmm.. I really like it here in the UK. How can I stay?

Eureaka! I found a loophole! I can claim assylum here!

Ok. Assylum from whom?

Oh, I know! If I go back to Ghana my little 5 year old sister will hunt me down and murder me because of inheritance.
Can you really claim assylum from your family?

By the way is your family patrolling all points of entry to Ghana? Day and night? In case you decide to come back? and as you say murder you?

Have they put up "WANTED" posters everywhere? And what is the reward?

To be honest I don't even believe that as you claim you have a baby with that girl - if you could get fake passport then fake birth certificate must be peanuts for you.
Exactly!

The OP commits a criminal offence by overstaying but does nothing about it until caught and would have probably carried on until he was caught.
Now he has to work out what is the easiest way to stay in the UK.
Now he is crying like a little baby as he is not getting the answers that he wants and what he wants is a way to get around HO laws
There is no way this guy is a genuine asylum seeker, he is a con man!

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:54 pm

ElenaW wrote:OP can you not just apply for an Unmarried partner visa from your home country? You said you've lived together for two years so you qualify.
there are many easy things that the OP can do but he does not want to go home so basically he has to wait for 14 years to be certain of remaining in this country but with the new rules coming in maybe the 14 year rule will be scrapped

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:29 am

One aspect of this is that the overstayer/criminal has been given a work permit which means that he can work whereas a legal entrant may be unemployed.
Why should the overstayer benefit at the expense of those who are legally in this country?
With the growing call from citizens stating that benefits should be earned not handed out free, overstayers should be discouraged from staying in this country by denying benefits.

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:24 am

mochyn wrote:One aspect of this is that the overstayer/criminal has been given a work permit which means that he can work whereas a legal entrant may be unemployed.
Why should the overstayer benefit at the expense of those who are legally in this country?
With the growing call from citizens stating that benefits should be earned not handed out free, overstayers should be discouraged from staying in this country by denying benefits.
Hello

Completely agree with u. But don t forget that in the majority comes here to work . From what I read about him , he is eager to work and to look after his family.

What about MPs' expenses ?? it happened last year but they aren t still getting the message... What about the one (multi-millionnaire) who has claimed 3 tmes his annual salary(£192,000 in just a year) whereas he attended only 56% of votes . This is one example out of a lot.

On ITV it was a guy (failed asylum seeker)who had been working for years in the UK ( :lol: so was paying taxes) But was sent back him his homecountry without having them back .

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:38 am

Lol this reminds me, did you guys see that show (this week) where MP's have to live in council homes for a week with a family on benefits? One of the MP's was comparing her life to the life of people on benefits and seemed to be saying that she doesn't get enough money either (just like those on benefits) because she needs to pay for fancy dinners, hotel stays, etc....made me laugh.
I tell it like it is.

unknowna1

Post by unknowna1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks bbbb.. I may hv broken immigration laws n overstayed n seeked employment illegally but am I not better than sum1 born here who has evry opportunity to their disposal but rather b a thief? The only crime I hv committed is work to feed my family n my self!

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Lol this reminds me, did you guys see that show (this week) where MP's have to live in council homes for a week with a family on benefits? One of the MP's was comparing her life to the life of people on benefits and seemed to be saying that she doesn't get enough money either (just like those on benefits) because she needs to pay for fancy dinners, hotel stays, etc....made me laugh
I haven t watched it , it is funny . As u can see people ,who are supposed to have a lot of money, are still asking for more and are complaining . But it is easy to pick on immigrants. What about that branch manager who walked free after stealing nearly £1million. there are plenty of examples out there.
Thanks bbbb.. I may hv broken immigration laws n overstayed n seeked employment illegally but am I not better than sum1 born here who has evry opportunity to their disposal but rather b a thief? The only crime I hv committed is work to feed my family n my self!
As I said on another post the HO must be must be much worrying about someone who says that he hasn t worked for years , cos it will be difficult for him/her to find a job afterwards , and will end up asking benefits.

A friend of mine told me about some british ,where he works, became managers after a few months . they don t like taking orders they prefer giving them. He had to put his foot down to get a managing position.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 pm

unknowna1 wrote:Thanks bbbb.. I may hv broken immigration laws n overstayed n seeked employment illegally but am I not better than sum1 born here who has evry opportunity to their disposal but rather b a thief? The only crime I hv committed is work to feed my family n my self!
I understand what you mean and from moral point of view, you are a better person as you said than those who for example simply live on benefit frauds.

But its almost impossible the Home Office people would look at it from that angle....unfortunately. Hope everything turns out good for you.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:40 pm

unknowna1 wrote:Thanks bbbb.. I may hv broken immigration laws n overstayed n seeked employment illegally but am I not better than sum1 born here who has evry opportunity to their disposal but rather b a thief? The only crime I hv committed is work to feed my family n my self!
But for every overstayer who finds work there is one less job for those who are here legally and cannot get a job.
They also have families to feed.
''ONLY CRIME COMMITTED IS TO FEED MY FAMILY'' patently not, you obtained work by deception and knew from the outset you were committing a crime by overstaying.
You are trying to justify your decision to be here illegally and you have failed
If you were brought here by your parents and had no control of your immigration status then you would be treated better but it was YOUR choice to be here ILLEGALLY

Also bear in mind that those who are here legally have to spend £thousands in visa fees
NO SYMPATHY FOR OVERSTAYERS

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:31 pm

If you are here legally having a permanent job, having a permanent address , have a spouse and children then you are likely to be well met but as asylum seekers/overstayers/illegal immigrants are transientthey are not welcomed
Transient people are much harder to trace if caught working illegally, many caught working in a restaurant turn up working illegally a few days later working in another restaurant a few streets away.
Part of Immigration controlling the borders is to ensure the safety of this country and who knows the purpose of illegal immigrants coming here undocumented.
You might as well have a sign at Calais saying
''TERRORISTS THIS WAY PLEASE''

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:18 pm

ElenaW wrote:Lol this reminds me, did you guys see that show (this week) where MP's have to live in council homes for a week with a family on benefits? One of the MP's was comparing her life to the life of people on benefits and seemed to be saying that she doesn't get enough money either (just like those on benefits) because she needs to pay for fancy dinners, hotel stays, etc....made me laugh.

Thank you mochyn
That is exactly what the UK border says to justify anything. You seem like a clever person. but Were the late suicide bomb attempts in London the act of asylum seekers/overstayers/illegal immigrants or native british???

TERRORISTS don t need to be asylum seekers/overstayers/illegal immigrants , most of them are british nationals or europeens. They can get into this country as students or whatever cos they can afford it.

it seems like you are blaming illegal immigrants for all the problems in this country, remember some of them work and pay taxes which they never benefit from (do not claim benefit or medical care ), they do jobs that British citizen are not willing to do.

Talking of safety I don't believe they are a threat for this country as most of them keep a low profile in their daily routine. There are more to be worried of in this country than of illegal immigrant i.e. binge drinking, antisocial behaviours and broken families and so on.

There is a story behind every person and I believe Asylum Seekers are here to seek political or social safety they couldn't have in their home country.
Lot of them work hard to give to their children what they had not got during their childhood.

[/b]

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:57 pm

bbbb wrote:
ElenaW wrote:Lol this reminds me, did you guys see that show (this week) where MP's have to live in council homes for a week with a family on benefits? One of the MP's was comparing her life to the life of people on benefits and seemed to be saying that she doesn't get enough money either (just like those on benefits) because she needs to pay for fancy dinners, hotel stays, etc....made me laugh.

Thank you mochyn
That is exactly what the UK border says to justify anything. You seem like a clever person. but Were the late suicide bomb attempts in London the act of asylum seekers/overstayers/illegal immigrants or native british???

TERRORISTS don t need to be asylum seekers/overstayers/illegal immigrants , most of them are british nationals or europeens. They can get into this country as students or whatever cos they can afford it.

it seems like you are blaming illegal immigrants for all the problems in this country, remember some of them work and pay taxes which they never benefit from (do not claim benefit or medical care ), they do jobs that British citizen are not willing to do.

Talking of safety I don't believe they are a threat for this country as most of them keep a low profile in their daily routine. There are more to be worried of in this country than of illegal immigrant i.e. binge drinking, antisocial behaviours and broken families and so on.

There is a story behind every person and I believe Asylum Seekers are here to seek political or social safety they couldn't have in their home country.
Lot of them work hard to give to their children what they had not got during their childhood.

[/b]
But given the number of safe countries that they have to pass through to get to the UK, how can anybody claim to be an asylum seeker.
Last time I looked we were an island

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 pm

mochyn wrote:MEME KAKRA

MEDA WO ASE PAPAAPA
Please limit your answers to English, otherwise they could be deleted.
thanks.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:01 am

I lived with lovely Ghanaian people for 2 years and put 2 basic phrases in TWI a Ghanaian language to see if the OP responded and he did not hence the post wondering if indeed he was telling the truth

unknowna1

Post by unknowna1 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:19 am

mochyn wrote:I lived with lovely Ghanaian people for 2 years and put 2 basic phrases in TWI a Ghanaian language to see if the OP responded and he did not hence the post wondering if indeed he was telling the truth
I hv clearly stated in earlier threads that ur a moron so ain't gona justify any fin u post on here cuz ur just a negative n ignorant bastard!

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:42 am

unknowna1 wrote:
mochyn wrote:I lived with lovely Ghanaian people for 2 years and put 2 basic phrases in TWI a Ghanaian language to see if the OP responded and he did not hence the post wondering if indeed he was telling the truth
I hv clearly stated in earlier threads that ur a moron so ain't gona justify any fin u post on here cuz ur just a negative n ignorant bastard!
Doesn't sound like any Ghanaian person I know, a very cultured people but this guy is just trash.Sounds more like a chav then a cultured african

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:12 am

Basic Rules for Members (and all other users):

No negative comments about someone's nationality, race or religion.
No advertising of commercial web-sites.
There can be no 'discussion' or 'advice' regarding how to engage in illegal activities (such as but not limited to: how to illegally acquire copyrighted material, work permits, visas, passports or other documents), and no links to websites providing such information.
No use of rude or inappropriate language. One must always treat fellow posters with respect.
For your own safety, there should be no public posting of any personal contact information.
No irritating posting styles, including use of all caps, excessive punctuation and unnecessary bunch of mood icons is allowed.
You may discuss freely your personal experiences with various services, but you may NOT name them when you are posting negative commentary. If you wish to post positive commentary, which is your own, direct and personal experience(s), naming of reputable & reliable services will generally be permitted, so long as it does not become advertising or promotion.
The language of this board is English, and any posts not in English are liable to be deleted without notice.

http://www.workpermit.com keeps rights to ban any user, who will not follow these rules, or edit/delete any inappropriate post without any warning.
Warning:
mochyn and unknowna1 you could be banned from using this forum based on above highlighted rules.

kindley

Post by kindley » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:24 am

Mochyn,

I have been following this thread for few days and I really didn't want to get involved especially after you said he was a Nigerian pretending to be Ghanian. By that you've concluded that all Nigerian are lliars, which I think is a shame.

Anyway, I'd suggest you advice OP accordingly and let him make is own judgement.
mochyn wrote:
unknowna1 wrote:
Doesn't sound like any Ghanaian person I know, a very cultured people but this guy is just trash.Sounds more like a chav then a cultured african
Last edited by kindley on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

unknowna1

Post by unknowna1 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:03 pm

unknowna1

Post by unknowna1 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:10 pm

If any1 is goin to gt banned it should be him seeing from his first comment on my msg, he has not had a single good or positive thing to say abt me or my issue! Moderators plz hv a look at this guys posts n if this is how he responds to other members post then he shdnt b a member ov this forum! He's breaking every rule here!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:38 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:
Basic Rules for Members (and all other users):

No negative comments about someone's nationality, race or religion.
No advertising of commercial web-sites.
There can be no 'discussion' or 'advice' regarding how to engage in illegal activities (such as but not limited to: how to illegally acquire copyrighted material, work permits, visas, passports or other documents), and no links to websites providing such information.
No use of rude or inappropriate language. One must always treat fellow posters with respect.
For your own safety, there should be no public posting of any personal contact information.
No irritating posting styles, including use of all caps, excessive punctuation and unnecessary bunch of mood icons is allowed.
You may discuss freely your personal experiences with various services, but you may NOT name them when you are posting negative commentary. If you wish to post positive commentary, which is your own, direct and personal experience(s), naming of reputable & reliable services will generally be permitted, so long as it does not become advertising or promotion.
The language of this board is English, and any posts not in English are liable to be deleted without notice.

http://www.workpermit.com keeps rights to ban any user, who will not follow these rules, or edit/delete any inappropriate post without any warning.
Warning:
mochyn and unknowna1 you could be banned from using this forum based on above highlighted rules.
Actually that's really badly worded, only mentions banning those who WILL not comply, not those who have not complied. How can you ban someone for not doing something in the future?

Legal Eagles will piss all over that one!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....