ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Years Discretionary Leave Or 10 years Long Residence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:48 pm

kennieg wrote:Kitty,

My employment was re-instated
:) Pleased to hear it!

Style13
Newly Registered

Does time spent on DL count towards 10 years long residence

Post by Style13 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi Guys, Does anyone advice if I can apply for ILR on 10 years long residence and does the 2 years spent on discretionary leave count towards the 10 years threshold???

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Does time spent on DL count towards 10 years long reside

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Style13 wrote:Hi Guys, Does anyone advice if I can apply for ILR on 10 years long residence and does the 2 years spent on discretionary leave count towards the 10 years threshold???
Yes, see page 12 of set(lr) notes
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ket

Post by Ket » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:19 am

Hi JohnGotti, thank you for all your advise on this forum. I have a question for you. I was granted Discretionary Leave to Remain valid for 3 years .I then have to apply again for an extension based on DLR. I would like to know how many days in total can I stay out of the country in the 3 years? Thank you.