ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, Dates & Backdating issues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pixi

back-dating ILR and citizenship

Post by pixi » Sat May 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Hello.

I am in a similar situation to bobo and embarrassed that I was not aware of this back-dating sooner:

-entered the UK on HSMP January 2004 (I am not eligible for the one-off payment as I entered the UK six months into my EC, so I had to apply for a second extension anyway)

-applied for and was granted ILR using same-day service September 2009. I did not receive a letter back-dating ILR to January 2008, and as I was not aware of this rule, I didn't ask my caseworker on the day. Yes, I could kick myself!

-to complicate matters, I had to leave the UK for 8 months immediately after receiving ILR (for personal reasons).

So my questions are:

1. Is it too late to write to my caseworker to request this? If I should write, can bobo and any others with experience in this area provide a sample of the letter you used as well as the emailing convention? It looks like it should be firstname.lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
(I will also send a hard copy to Croydon)

2. Is it erroneous for me to think that this back-dated letter (if I get it) will mean I can apply for citizenship right away despite having been out of the country for more than 90 days in the year before my application? If not, what would be the purpose of the back-dating?

Thank you for reading, and I hope I've made sense. I greatly appreciate any input and advice.

pixi

Can anyone advise?

Post by pixi » Sun May 16, 2010 5:16 pm

I am eager to hear feedback and hope someone can provide pointers.

Thank you!

bobo77

Re: back-dating ILR and citizenship

Post by bobo77 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:54 am

pixi wrote:Hello.

I am in a similar situation to bobo and embarrassed that I was not aware of this back-dating sooner:

-entered the UK on HSMP January 2004 (I am not eligible for the one-off payment as I entered the UK six months into my EC, so I had to apply for a second extension anyway)

-applied for and was granted ILR using same-day service September 2009. I did not receive a letter back-dating ILR to January 2008, and as I was not aware of this rule, I didn't ask my caseworker on the day. Yes, I could kick myself!

-to complicate matters, I had to leave the UK for 8 months immediately after receiving ILR (for personal reasons).

So my questions are:

1. Is it too late to write to my caseworker to request this? If I should write, can bobo and any others with experience in this area provide a sample of the letter you used as well as the emailing convention? It looks like it should be firstname.lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
(I will also send a hard copy to Croydon)

2. Is it erroneous for me to think that this back-dated letter (if I get it) will mean I can apply for citizenship right away despite having been out of the country for more than 90 days in the year before my application? If not, what would be the purpose of the back-dating?

Thank you for reading, and I hope I've made sense. I greatly appreciate any input and advice.
I don't think it is too late to request the letter.

However the purpose of the letter is to be able to apply for citizenship right away in your case, but since you have been out of the country for more than 90 days, the letters might not be useful for that purpose.

But If I were you, I'll request the letter anyways and keep it.

pixi

Post by pixi » Mon May 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Thank you, bobo!

Do you think that if I do get the letter I can apply right away despite the fact that I have been out of the country for over 8 months in the final year prior to application?

This would be the purpose of the letter for me -- so that I don't have to wait another 9 months to apply.

bobo77

Post by bobo77 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:32 pm

pixi wrote:Thank you, bobo!

Do you think that if I do get the letter I can apply right away despite the fact that I have been out of the country for over 8 months in the final year prior to application?

This would be the purpose of the letter for me -- so that I don't have to wait another 9 months to apply.
Business trips?

pixi

Post by pixi » Thu May 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Do you mean I should say I was away on business? This I cannot prove, as I did not make any profits for my UK limited company.

wasimbari611
Newly Registered

Any Response

Post by wasimbari611 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:44 am

bobo77 wrote:
iyanu wrote:I disagree with bthe caseworker please! here is my own .....
So I think if you qualify under the HSMP JR it will definitely be back dated. And the letter will quote that becasue you applied under the HSMP Judicial Review you are have been given the back dated letter. And signed by my case worker[/b]
Thanks Iyanu, I will write once again
@bobo77

Did you receive any response from the HO regarding your letter?

Thx

Family
Newly Registered

Post by Family » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 pm

bobo77 wrote:
bobo77 wrote:
f2k wrote:...Maybe you might want to contact the caseworker who issued your ILR to find out about this letter.
I think I will do just that.

Thanks you very much
I got the said letter today

Thanks everyone.
Have they backdated your ILR? YOu must have got your BC by now? MY ILR is dated 4th jan 2012, But I first entered 29th Oct. 2006, so I could have applied on 2nd Oct. 2011.
Can I contact UKBA to backdate my ILR letter?

Bobbylondon

Post by Bobbylondon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Family wrote:
bobo77 wrote:
bobo77 wrote:
f2k wrote:...Maybe you might want to contact the caseworker who issued your ILR to find out about this letter.
I think I will do just that.

Thanks you very much
I got the said letter today

Thanks everyone.
Have they backdated your ILR? YOu must have got your BC by now? MY ILR is dated 4th jan 2012, But I first entered 29th Oct. 2006, so I could have applied on 2nd Oct. 2011.
Can I contact UKBA to backdate my ILR letter?
Moderators, please throw some light on this.