ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt about 2nd Extension !!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Any reply please.........

Post by aliq09 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:47 am

rubina20102010 wrote:Any reply please.........

Hi,

Just go for the second time and now you have to get 7 :) just kidding ... yes you have to take IELTS and you must score 6.5 overall . IELTS is valid for 2 years from the date of certificate issue.
Thanks

Ali

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:06 pm

Yes you need to apply for 2nd extn.

Now at this point there are two possibilities....

1. If the rules remain same as the time of initial applicartion, you apply for 2nd extn. and as soon as you complete your five years in UK, apply for ILR.

2. If the new rules of probationary citizenship were implemented, then you have to apply for 2nd Extn, which will be considered and you will be granted Probationary citizenship. The visa will be for 3 years. After the first year i.e. 5+1 and fulfilling the crieteria, you can go for Citizenship without ILR, if you don't fulfill the crieteria then you have to wait for the complete Probational leave to apply for Citizenship.

I am quoting the complete wording of the immigration Law for your ease;

39 Application requirements: general.(1)In paragraph 1 of Schedule 1 to the British Nationality Act 1981 (c. 61) (requirements for naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6(1) of that Act), in sub-paragraph (1)(a), omit “, or the alternative requirement specified in sub-paragraph (3) of this paragraphâ€

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: DOES I need new IELTS for my 2nd Extension

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:32 am

rubina20102010 wrote:Dear ALL,
Thank you very much for your gr8 replies !!!!Well, I have a question about my English section.

I haven't submitted IELTS during my Initial Application.
At the time of 1st Extension , I have Submitted IELTS with 6.5 Band.

Now, My Question is

DO I need another IELTS certificate for my 2nd Extension (because current one will be get expiry with in 2 YEARS and this shouldn't be valid for my 2nd extension) ????

Any reply much appreciated!!!!!

Cheer
Rubi

If you have met English language requirement in your initial HSMP application then you do not need to meet it again. Please check the relevant section of Tier1G form as it clearly states so.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Dear Rizwan,
Thanks for your reply !!!!

I haven't submitted IELTS during my Initial Application.

At the time of 1st Extension , I have Submitted IELTS with 6.5 Band.

Now, My Question is

DO I need another IELTS certificate for my 2nd Extension (because current one will be get expiry with in 2 YEARS and this shouldn't be valid for my 2nd extension) ????

Thanks for your time.........

Rubi[/quote]

If you have met English language requirement in your initial HSMP application then you do not need to meet it again. Please check the relevant section of Tier1G form as it clearly states so.[/quote]

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:33 pm

You are making your case complicated.

If you have your HSMP approval issued on 65 points on rules in place before 6 Nov 2006 then you are covered by JR. You need not to meet English language requirement.

If you have your HSMP approval issued on 75 points after 5 Dec 2006 then to qualify for approval you need to meet English language requirement. And if you are HSMP on rules in place after 5 Dec 2006 then ofourse you have met English language requirement in your original application that is why you got case approved. So if you have met English language requirement in your original application then you need not to meet it again.

Hope this clarifies your standing.

For more details please read page 56 of the Tier 1 G form:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If the applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant , a business person or as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has met the English Language requirement in an earlier application, they can claim 10 points for their level of English language.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You were never required to meet English language requirement in your last extension application... You just had to click the box with the option that English requiremet met in earler HSMP application.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

option at UKBA calculator.....

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Dear All,

I have found an option at UKBA calculator..

I have already proved my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application

Does this option help me and cover myself?

thanks,
Rubi

---------------------------------
rizwan567 wrote:You are making your case complicated.

If you have your HSMP approval issued on 65 points on rules in place before 6 Nov 2006 then you are covered by JR. You need not to meet English language requirement.

If you have your HSMP approval issued on 75 points after 5 Dec 2006 then to qualify for approval you need to meet English language requirement. And if you are HSMP on rules in place after 5 Dec 2006 then ofourse you have met English language requirement in your original application that is why you got case approved. So if you have met English language requirement in your original application then you need not to meet it again.

Hope this clarifies your standing.

For more details please read page 56 of the Tier 1 G form:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If the applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant , a business person or as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has met the English Language requirement in an earlier application, they can claim 10 points for their level of English language.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You were never required to meet English language requirement in your last extension application... You just had to click the box with the option that English requiremet met in earler HSMP application.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:55 pm

rubina20102010 wrote:At the time of 1st Extension, I have Submitted IELTS with 6.5 Band.
Then you do not need to take the test again, or submit the test report again ... even if you submit an application after 2 years of taking the test (i.e.- applying after expiry of test validity period).

Select "I have already proved my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application" in the PBS calculator and the application form.

This said, if you have already received an extension, then why are you applying again?

regards