ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR wait time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imageo25
Newly Registered

Post by imageo25 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:47 am

adamboston wrote:Update:

Received my SAR file today.

I will send another letter to UKBA first thing in the morning to ask them to ignore my yesterday letter.

File contains:
- a covering letter explaining how the info is provided in the pack.
- all LTR applications made in my time in UK.
- all LTR grant letter
- printouts of computer records
- caseworkers' notes
- first date of entry (but no landing cards or info about entry or/and exit)

Very nicely presented document. It took almost 2 months but never mind as it serves the purpose quite well. Thanks UKBA.
I need to apply for SAR but unsure about how to draft the request letter. Can anybody help please!

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:52 am

imageo25 wrote:I need to apply for SAR but unsure about how to draft the request letter. Can anybody help please!
Here is the template:
DPU SAR
UK Border Agency
40 Wellesley Rd
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Date:

HO Ref:
Name:
DOB.
Address:

Re: Data Protection 1998 – Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

I would be grateful to you if you could disclose the ALL contents of my file including immigration, landing cards, personal and other home office record.

In accordance with section 7(3) of the Data Protection Act 1998 I enclose the following documents:

• A cheque/postal order (delete as appropriate) for £10
• A copy of my driving licence and the current visa section from my passport (as proof of my ID)
• An original utility bill (as proof of my address)

I shall be extremely thankful to you.

Yours truly

Your Signature

Your name

(Make sure your signature should match your signatures on your previous LTR applications - if they don't match DPU won't process your request and would ask you for further proof).

Good Luck
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

kiks
Romania

Re: SAR wait time

Post by kiks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:47 pm

Hello, Is SAR free of charge? As I couldnt find anything about it on-line? apart from form to fill? Thank you