ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applicants maintenance funds in dependants account?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:08 pm

latch wrote:While I appreciate your advice, I have one more thing to ask: isnt the whole idea of this to determine the family's financial standing, and whether or not they will recourse to public funds?
Not at all. The idea is to determine the main applicant's financial standing and whether the main applicant and any person(s) allowed to enter / remain in the UK as main applicant's dependents will recourse to public funds. Remember that applications are made individually and not as a family. Your argument would have made sense if UK allowed family members to apply together as one unit / perceived individual.
latch wrote:.. following this logic, does it matter where the money is?... cos while I'm currently here as her 'dependant', she actually IS my dependant. Shes just applying cos I understand I can't switch to tier one from a dependant visa without first returning to my country
Irrespective of who is financially dependent on whom, from an immigration point of view the person whose passport has a vignette that reflects "dependent" continues to remain a dependent.

Sorry if I sound rude but you are trying to give explanations that may be logical from general point of view but illogical when it comes to immigration matters .... and the point of discussion here is an immigration application, which has to be based on specified rules and not on who earns the bread in the family.

regards

latch
Newly Registered

Post by latch » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Like I say I always appreciate advice given on here, however I'm still not convinced on this one.

Below is the email I recieved on the matter from the UK Border Agency. Unless I didn't explain myself well, I think the reply is spot on, in as much as its not signed. Can I go ahead and apply, (including a copy of this email transcript)?

Thank you for the enquiry.

Evidence of maintenance funds from either a current account or a savings account may be provided in the circumstances and the amounts may be held in either party's account bank or building society accounts.

Sent by:

Public Enquiries [J],Customer Services,

Visa Services Directorate, International Group,

UK Border Agency, c/o Lunar House,

40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Web-site: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 13 July 2010 4:51 PM
To: Public Visa Enqs
Subject: Ref: VCS637289: Extended stay in the United Kingdom

Page used to send this email:

Your enquiries [http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/en ... /contactus]

Subject:

Hello there,

My partner is currently in the process of applying for the Tier one (general). According to documentation, we should have had certain amounts of money in the bank for over 90 days.

My question now is: I have more than the neccessary amounts of money to cover all members of the family, however the money is in MY savings account, and has been there longer than three months. Does this matter considering I am the dependant and not the main applicant.

Please your urgent reply will be kindly appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:41 am

My opinion on the matter, based on my understanding of the rules, experience and feedback from forum members, remains the same.

Unfortunately, I have a very low opinion of the UKBA PEO staff in terms of their understanding of immigration rules and policies (people who process and decide on same day applications), leave alone people who haven't been trained for anything but to answer queries based on specific keywords in the email. I have had my share of educating UKBA staff at BHC and the caseworker(s) at a PEO office about the HSMP JR and immigration rules concerning HSMP migrants.

This said, If there's no detailed verification done on your bank accounts, I do not see why your application will not be approved. But, there is a certain degree of risk (what if the bank discloses on verification that your spouse's name was added to the account less than 3 months ago). It is up to you if you want to take the risk. The risk is yours, your money and so is the decision. Members have provided you honest feedback - based on their understanding and experience - just as I have. And that is all we can do.

regards