ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Application Forms for European Economic Area

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Please don't bother to transfer your residence to another passport because it will take you more than six months to do it.
Is like you are making a fresh application, it's better for you to carry both passport when you are travelling.

Transfer of residence card or stamp
If you are issued with a new passport and you want your residence card or family member residence stamp transferred to that passport, you will need to make a new application. You must complete the appropriate application form and provide the required supporting documents

Hiwa
Newly Registered

Post by Hiwa » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:17 pm

jajanana wrote:Please don't bother to transfer your residence to another passport because it will take you more than six months to do it.
Is like you are making a fresh application, it's better for you to carry both passport when you are travelling.

Transfer of residence card or stamp
If you are issued with a new passport and you want your residence card or family member residence stamp transferred to that passport, you will need to make a new application. You must complete the appropriate application form and provide the required supporting documents
Thank you "jajanana" I called the Home Office and they said you don't to transfer it on to passport carry both passport and the residency will be OK.

But my bigger issue is my full name, in my national passport I have three names and in the residency document is only two names for example on my residency card (John William) but on passport is (John William Dykie). I have a letter from the embassy of my country states that I am known as both.

The HO said they can't tell me what to do, it will be up to the immigration officer to decide to let you enter the UK on the way back!!

So I have decided to go and hope for the best that I won't face a fight with the immigration officers.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat May 01, 2010 12:23 am

Do EEA2 holders have to queue as other or EU citizens' queue at the UK airports and have their passport stamped every single time they enter the UK?
Does anyone know any official quide or any web link where I can get some info?

Thanks...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat May 01, 2010 7:44 am

Forza_RC wrote:Do EEA2 holders have to queue as other or EU citizens' queue at the UK airports and have their passport stamped every single time they enter the UK?
There's no need to post this twice, in unrelated threads...

You can use the EU queue. Passports of residence card holders are not allowed to be stamped.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Any official source & link?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat May 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Used to be in the Border Force Operations Manual. The stamp rules originate from Regulation 11(3).

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun May 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks.

Apparently, the manuel is currently being updated.

laspo24

Help.

Post by laspo24 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi all,
Seeking an advice please. I got married to my wife who happen to be British but hold dual Nationality as Mother is from Ireland. So we got married in may but we have been in relationship for more than two years as we have our baby who is going to be 5months in few weeks time. I used to reside in Ireland as asylum seeker but she lives and work in Northern Ireland. So about to apply for the EEA2 as i have moved to the UK. Any chances of getting my residency?

secondly, will it be helpful to go back to Ireland and Apply or Do it while in the Northern Ireland?
Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:23 pm

You moved to the UK. That is, you just went across the border? With no visa?

Or did you get an EEA Family Permit issued by the British Embassy in Dublin?
John

laspo24

hi

Post by laspo24 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:51 pm

You moved to the UK. That is, you just went across the border? With no visa?

Or did you get an EEA Family Permit issued by the British Embassy in Dublin?
Went through the Border with no visa.

tati*

Post by tati* » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:01 pm

HI everyone!
Could anyone help me to clarify one point for myself..
I'd be very grateful!
What should my fiance apply for EEA1 or EEA3 if he (is Italian) has been living and working in the UK 15 years in support of my application on EEA family permit?
And how long does it take to get it in real or what would be quicker to get?
Thanks in advance.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:10 pm

New Version of EEA4 application form to be used from 30 November 2010 onwards "following a request from the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman that 'Section 6 - documents and photographs' be made clearer".

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... eea411.pdf

tantawi
Newly Registered

Post by tantawi » Thu May 26, 2011 10:33 am

Is EEA1 application form from 1 January 2011 still vaild to apply? Or something has changed after cancelled WRS?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /eea11.pdf

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:17 am

The HO have new EEA4 forms. they have added sections for retention of rights and Comprehensive sickness insurance here. Maybe this would make the applications for PR based on retention much more straightforward compared to the grey areas previously.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:09 am

And they also have a section now asking for absences. Interestingly there is also this bit now in the ECIS.
ECIS, Chapter 6 6.1 wrote:In contrast to the policy governing applications made under the Immigration Rules an application cannot be rejected because the form has not been used or has not been fully completed.
Likewise for the residence card application in 5.1. I haven't seen that before.

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

hello

Post by maverickstoned » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:22 pm

hello everyone.i have just joined my wife(polish) from india on a eea family permit. can i apply now for a residency card without enrolling in WRS since it is abolished. also any othe advise will be highly appreciated specially job related...thanks guys

Tanic
Newly Registered

Post by Tanic » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:37 am

Also new forms for EEA2 include question:

"3.7 Do they also hold British citizenship?"

Seems that they have considered McCarthy Judgement :cry: :evil:

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:40 am

Tanic wrote:Also new forms for EEA2 include question:

i was amazed when i read this part of the application!
is it legally relevant if the eea family member hold bc or not?

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

Re: hello

Post by maverickstoned » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:03 pm

maverickstoned wrote:hello everyone.i have just joined my wife(polish) from india on a eea family permit. can i apply now for a residency card without enrolling in WRS since it is abolished. also any othe advise will be highly appreciated specially job related...thanks guys
.............can anyone help me on the above topic pls

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Yes you can, see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/ .

Please do not hijack other's threads but open a topic of your own.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Is this only detrimental if a dual national living in his/her country of nationality has never exercised free movement rights?

So say if an EEA national exercising treaty rights in the UK eventually becomes British, he/she doesn`t lose the ability to utilise their EEA nationality alongside being British?

Have I understood this right?

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:53 am

Plum70 wrote:

Is this only detrimental if a dual national living in his/her country of nationality has never exercised free movement rights?

So say if an EEA national exercising treaty rights in the UK eventually becomes British, he/she doesn`t lose the ability to utilise their EEA nationality alongside being British?

Have I understood this right?
McCarthy has never work in her life, even if she was an Irish living in Britain, she has never exercising treaty right as a worker or self sufficient or the others, she rely on the tax payers money all her life. If she has ever work she may claim she was working in Britain as an Irish but she has nothing to claim about exercising treaty right even though she has never move, if she had worked she may also say her parent move her to Britain were she was born and as an Irish working in Britain. But nothing to claim about for all the long years of her case that she has ever work even for a month. I wonder the kind of solicitors that deceived her to that extent, well, they were paid by the Legal Aid, because someone not working cannot afford a solicitor so she is qualify for a legal aid. Tax Payers Money.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Re: hello

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:08 am

maverickstoned wrote:
maverickstoned wrote:hello everyone.i have just joined my wife(polish) from india on a eea family permit. can i apply now for a residency card without enrolling in WRS since it is abolished. also any othe advise will be highly appreciated specially job related...thanks guys
.............can anyone help me on the above topic pls
yes u can

lanvin
Newly Registered

Post by lanvin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:41 am

86ti wrote:And they also have a section now asking for absences. Interestingly there is also this bit now in the ECIS.
ECIS, Chapter 6 6.1 wrote:In contrast to the policy governing applications made under the Immigration Rules an application cannot be rejected because the form has not been used or has not been fully completed.
Likewise for the residence card application in 5.1. I haven't seen that before.
I sent my EEA2 application a couple of weeks ago but have just only realised that I sent the old forms in and not the new ones (June 2011)!!!
Would they reject my application? I called UKBA and they said to wait for the caseworker's reply and do nothing at the moment...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:02 am

lanvin wrote:Would they reject my application?
The guidelines are clear and also the law doesn't enforce a particular form. Your application should thus be assessed on the basis of the supporting documents you have provided.