ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Study to Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rohitth
Newly Registered

Post by rohitth » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks Papa2010 and psw2009, we need more forceful guys like you.

Rohit.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:29 pm

rohitth wrote:Rather than fighting as individuals, we are striving for collective effort among the PSW victims, that's why we have formed this group http://psw.groupbox.com

Rohith.
That's is exactly what I am seeking an answer to! What benefit does a "collective" effort provide, when it comes to UK law, as compared to the case being pursued on behalf of a single individual?

Which section of the UK law states that a group of people filing a lawsuit are at an advantage as compared to a single person filing the lawsuit on exactly the same basis?
rohitth wrote:Legal cost is not an issue, we have sponsors.
First it was solicitors ready to work for you for free and now you have sponsors too!! Aren't you the luckiest person / group on earth?

Such white lies may fool some and help you garner initial sympathy and support, but may land you in bigger trouble than you can handle. So, please be wary of what you state publicly! Sponsors to fund a legal challenge that can cost 100K but cannot fund a decent website for the group! Wake up!

Assuming you've sponsors to fund you and solicitors to work for you for free, then why don't you name the solicitors on your discussion board? Why don't you state that you have sponsorship and people joining the group will not be expected to contribute to the legal costs .. or that in future if it is so determined that contribution from members is required, it is not expected to be exorbitant because we have promised funding of GBP XXX. This will go a long way in adding credibility to your campaign!!

As I said before, think straight and think right! Which none of you seem to be doing!

regards

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Exactly.................. Common sense prevails..

They dont have answer to any question but yet they are challenging UKBA. None of these members is mature enough in terms of history and credbability so that they can be trusted...

Sush - Let these wise, clever and rich bunch of PSW holders run this thread and let them day dreaming until their PSW visas are expired..........

rohitth
Newly Registered

Post by rohitth » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks for your blessing!!!!!

Blhuesheep
Newly Registered

Post by Blhuesheep » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Well Done rohitt,papa2010 & psw2009.

We have a strong point of view and we can win this battle.

Spread the word to join the group

Papa2010
Newly Registered

PSW legal challenge

Post by Papa2010 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi All,

It doesn't matter at the moment to try to know first if there is funding available for the challenge or there are solicitors prepared to take it up for free - what matters is the first step to mobilize people concerned then it can take off from there.

Lets try to mobilize as many people as possible then come up with TOR.

thanks,

Papa2010.

aakash.reuben
Newly Registered

Post by aakash.reuben » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Interesting... and also Govt is losing lot of individual cases against the applicants.

kaarthik
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier1 General

Post by kaarthik » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Hallo Folks,

Am on the same boat as u all, got the PSW in Feb 2009 and the clock is ticking. I managed for a paltry 20k job since a year but very unfortunate the rules are not demanding 35k instead.

I have heard from a friend that if your current employer provides you a supporting letter stating that you may be eligible for the 35k salary sometimes in the future, that would be accepted to grant the Tier1 General.

Well am not 100% sure of the source of this info but there wont be a smoke without fire. So please if anyone have any info related to this, please share and that would be grateful from all those affected.

Cheers,
Kaarthik

aakash.reuben
Newly Registered

Post by aakash.reuben » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi Kaarthik,

I don't think it is feasible but you can join the group at http://psw.groupbox.com who are seeking legal remedy for this unjustifiable act.

Aakash.

aakash.reuben
Newly Registered

Post by aakash.reuben » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:23 am

The Govt should atleast now realize their folly and come out with a face-saving formula.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/UK-immigr ... 94502.aspx

rohitth
Newly Registered

Post by rohitth » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:15 am

rohitth
Newly Registered

Post by rohitth » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 pm

rohitth
Newly Registered

Post by rohitth » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 am

Papa2010
Newly Registered

Immigration cap damage

Post by Papa2010 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:31 am

Very ineteresting links from your postings Rohitth - keep it up. I don't know whether it was pure jealousy against or envy of the skills migrants possess or, it is some kind of trying to ensure there is flow into your pocket by just pleasing your ordinary citizens. Where were these citizens or what were they busy on when these migrants were busy learning and acquiring skills. I believe those citizens with the knowledge and skills are not scared of migrants coming or being here - because, they can compete with them both here and globally. I salute those!

I think genuiness and common sense should prevail on the part of everyone - and, that HO/UKBA be honest and committed to decent immigartion control whereby they treat migrants with dignity and respect. And not to be playing games with migrants' lives. I believe this nation is to great to use migrants' as scapegoats. Let the politicians look inward and let HO/UKBA be truthful and help politicians see the clear picture.

rohitth
Newly Registered

Post by rohitth » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Yes PAPA 2010, the elite politicians are striving their best to make it a third world country devoid of skilled people, this nation may go bankrupt in the near future. There is another interesting article....

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/ ... rate.thtml.

Papa2010
Newly Registered

Cap legal challenge

Post by Papa2010 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:52 am

You are quite right Rohitth. I still can't understand that you have politicians in a nation like Britain who come up with tactics like scapegoating migrants to fool their own citizens just for them to hold onto their jobs. You should have read Phil Woolas diary - but, what goes around, comes around.

If they are at fault because they hadn't formulated and executed approrpiate polocies to help educate and enhance their citizens' skills to compete in todays global market, they shouldn't lie to them that migrants are responsible. If a student comes here or a skilled migrant comes in to live here and work, they don't go and live in council flats, they rent private accommodation and pay things for both themselves and their dependents out of their funds/earnings. And they are not even telling that to their citizens that these people are only putting huge money into the economy without any right to public funds.

I think it is time for migrants to get representation to put across their own version to counter their media's propaganda againts migrants here.

I hope a lot more organisations come to the aid of migrants.

rohitth
Newly Registered

Post by rohitth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Papa 2010 you are right. The Govt is in dire straits...they are not bothered about multinationals moving out of UK or fresh investments drying out...their only worry is how to fool the ignorant public ...but ultimately now they are facing the music in the High Court.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/sep/2 ... mmigration

rohitth
Newly Registered

Post by rohitth » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:50 pm

The UK govt may have to face quite a few legal challenges....

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 61wa17.htm

imranhameed2000

Post by imranhameed2000 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:23 pm

i am one of the victim as well.. please if some one can suggest how can we go about fighting our case. i am sure if we knock the door of court we can win it.

rohitth
Newly Registered

Post by rohitth » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Legal challenge is the best option...I invite all the PSW victims to join together and seek legal remedy.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom ... ion-policy

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:32 pm

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:16 pm

:oops: :cry: :oops:

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:38 pm

I have a few questions,

1. Is the route closed for initial (in-country) Tier 1 General applications as well?
2. Is the route closed for Tier 1 (General) extensions who already got Tier 1 visas as well?
3. Finally, when are these rules going to be active (implemented)?

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:47 am

therock wrote:I have a few questions,

1. Is the route closed for initial (in-country) Tier 1 General applications as well?
2. Is the route closed for Tier 1 (General) extensions who already got Tier 1 visas as well?
3. Finally, when are these rules going to be active (implemented)?

Thanks
1.yes

2.maybe, they might tell us the new name (because it wont be called "Tier 1 General") in due course

3.sometime in March/April 2011(see UKBA website for the exact date)