ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

retention of rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ngueda2009

Re: retention of rights

Post by ngueda2009 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:36 pm

why don't you try to save your marriage i think that will be the safe option for you. if your marriage cannot be save, make sure you do not start the divorce procedure at least 3 years after the date of the marriage. make also sure you have proof of cohabitation for those three years also make sure you have the proof of your wife exercising her treaty right up till the time of the decree absolute .

jonnykfro
Newly Registered

Post by jonnykfro » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 pm

ngueda2009 wrote:why don't you try to save your marriage i think that will be the safe option for you. if your marriage cannot be save, make sure you do not start the divorce procedure at least 3 years after the date of the marriage. make also sure you have proof of cohabitation for those three years also make sure you have the proof of your wife exercising her treaty right up till the time of the decree absolute .
thanks for reply. can i ask you what do you call proof of cohabitation and what do i need to produce as proof of excersising treaty rights? many thanks

ngueda2009

Post by ngueda2009 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:46 pm

proof of cohabitation: utilities bills, bank statement, letters from tax office, all these in your name or your ex name or both name but at the same address. as proof of exercising treaty right you need your wife p60 and payslips for the last 3 years up till the time of the decree absolute.
i hope i have answered your question

Miraiza

Re: How long after Resident card can I apply for ILR?

Post by Miraiza » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:26 am

ngueda2009 wrote:as you are divorced you do not need your wife passport . also you do not need to fill any form i did not filled a form and i was granted pr.
Can you please post a copy of the letter you sent and what documents did you send with it? Also, how long did it take to get your PR?
Miraiza