ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA spouse of an Irish, help me pls

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wizardland

Post by wizardland » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:30 pm

thx for all inputs. my EU1 application is currently being processed (i hope). I want it to be done within 6 months of course, but the officer who dealt with my GNIB card said, if the application took more than 6 months and my GNIB card is expiring, just come and see him bring the acknowledgement letter from DOJ and he'll extent my GNIB card.

went to social welfare, i am entitled to benefits while im looking for work, a but i think they tried to put me off.
i went again to the welfare office cuz they need more docs from me, when i handed it to the officer she said "oh i feel bad now u've come, its most likely you're going to be refused. theres no point scanning these docs but ill do it anyway." then i asked what is the reason of refusal, she said its stricter now blah blah blah. im no even supposed to tell u this blh blah blah.

ppl i know tell me not to worry, they r just trying to put me off cuz this country is that much in debt, they cant refuse my claim. just keep pestering them thats how u ll get thu to them, etc

oh well, just wait for the decision. whatever happens happens.

fas isnt much of a help either, so far anyway. learned from experience, if i want work, i gotta find it myself.