ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrnngmist
Newly Registered

FAO - Harpal

Post by mrnngmist » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:37 am

Dear Harpal,

Once the tribunal receives your file they will ask the embassy to prepare and send the appeal bundle to them with the reasons for refusing your visa. The time given for this to the embassy is in the range of 12-14 weeks from the date of your filing the appeal.

Since you had mentioned about your kids, have you applied for a visa for your wife and kids also and then were all of you rejected together?

You may send me a copy of the refusal letter you received with the explanation given and points awarded to you in each section by the case worker. I may be able to help you with what to mention inyour appeal form to get a favourable outcome. You may send it as a personal message.

mrnngmist
Newly Registered

FAO - Harpal

Post by mrnngmist » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:50 am

Hi Harpal

With reference to your message:

1 if you reapply you have to mention your past refusal/s, since they can find that from the back of your passport and if you dont declare that can lead to ban for 10 yrs (india or japan or anywhere). in future when you apply for extension also mention all refusals even if it has got overturned by an admin review or appeal later. In such case also mention that the same refusal was overturned in a review/appeal.

2 You have to submit 4 seperate appeal forms to the embassy/tribunal as you decide

3 You can appeal on a new reason for rejection. but chances for success in appeal will be limited since you can raise the appeal only on limited grounds and the new issue may not be as silly as a bank logo

4 You may also reapply from Japan. But ensure you meet all the strict requirements. ECOs everywhere are considered to be finicky when it comes to PBS decisions.

5. You may also consider filing an in time appeal with the tribunal by fax if you dont want to take the risk of filing an out of time appeal (though the tribunal may grant the out of time appeal for consideration) since your 28 day period ends next week. in that case you have to fax all the 4 appeal forms and mention in your form that you will be sending the original (with out logo) bank statements you submitted with your initial application later by post. you may also send another set of the statements with logo, the same type you submitted along with your admin review request along with these logoless statements so that the judje can confirm that they are corraborating with each other. He may also be able to take the new satement with logo in to consideration. After sending the fax you have to call the tribunal help line (after half an hour) and confirm they have received all 4 appeal forms by fax

6. In the above case along with your appeal form you have to use extra sheets of paper and explain in full your arguements and reasons for why the eco was wrong in his decision and how he violated your human rights and discriminated against you. You will also have to demonstrate how the decision of the eco was not in accordance with law. You may have to be a little merciless towards the eco like a defense advocate in your explanations. in the column grounds of appeal in the appeal form mention the grounds of appeal which the eco has mentioned in the refusal notice given to you and also mention that you have explained in detail in additional sheets of paper or an attached letter preferably(adressed to the immigration judje)
Last edited by mrnngmist on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrnngmist
Newly Registered

Post by mrnngmist » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:31 pm

"Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold." - As quoted by a member

Harpal Cheema
Newly Registered

Post by Harpal Cheema » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Dear mrnngmist

Have e-mailed you a copy of the 'refusal letter' and draft of the 'Appeal'. Kindly revert with your advise at the earliest.

Many thanks and best regards

Harpal Cheema

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Harpal Cheema wrote:Dear mrnngmist

Have e-mailed you a copy of the 'refusal letter' and draft of the 'Appeal'. Kindly revert with your advise at the earliest.

Many thanks and best regards

Harpal Cheema
Do you mind posting the refusal wording on the forum as well?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Harpal Cheema
Newly Registered

Post by Harpal Cheema » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:11 am

Exact wording of my refusal is as follows:

"The documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you are in posession of 2800 pounds. The bank statement from HDFC does not bear the bank's logo and therefore zero points have been awarded. I am not satisfied that you are in posession of sufficient funds.

In line with the published guidance, the evidence provided has been assessed as insufficient to meet the maintenance requirement and therefore no points have been awarded in this area."

chhnagaraju
Newly Registered

Post by chhnagaraju » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi My Application was refused because of the same reason(dont have logo on statement).

I am going to reapply on Monday.
Can i show my previous earnings from June-2009, which salary has been credited on 9th of July-2009.

Does they look at the deposited date or start date of the Salary?

Please advise

mrnngmist
Newly Registered

Post by mrnngmist » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Better to play safe this time. Claim salary credits for salary received for job done only from July onwards (credited to your account in end of July or next month beginning) so that the 12 months period with in the 15 months prior to applying is met. Also ensure that you double check all the other requirements. They can refuse you on any grounds for which they have already given you points which they may not have bothered to evaluate properly since you were open for refusal last time because of the "logo".

chhnagaraju
Newly Registered

Post by chhnagaraju » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Thanks Mrngmist,

Here the problem is that, I dont have salary in April month and August month, also i cannot claim on September aswell because it is not ended yet.

So, i will have exactly 12 months. Out of that one of the month salary has been credited with the wrong name in statement by mistake. Bankers cannot do anything for that now.

Regards
Nagaraju

mrnngmist
Newly Registered

Post by mrnngmist » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:36 am

Hi Harpal,

Did you get the result of the Admin Review?

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Dear moderators,

This is high time for making bank statement document related thread a sticky.
It is really sad to know about so many applicants loosing out on money, time and efforts just because of this.

Thanks,

ukvisa2010
Newly Registered

bank & salary statements

Post by ukvisa2010 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:25 pm

I have my bank statements printed on bank letterhead with the branch stamp on the first page of each statement. In addition, I have my salary statements (signed and stamped by Employer) showing the deposits which corresponds to the salary deposits to my bank statements. The salary statements also have my bank account number on it where deposits were made on my behalf. Do you think this will qualify for the previous salary earned? My concern is that the bank would not stamp each page of the bank statement.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:15 pm

LoL!!!

This is surely some pigheaded bank employee who is saying you 'no' for other than first page.

Go, put your foot down and demand it.
I am curious, which bank you are talking about? ICICI does stamp on all pages.

If they don't want to stamp every page, ask them to give you 'letter of authenticity' stating that statements 'total pages' are XYZ number.

Don't leave it for 'unpredictable' case worker's mercy.
Who knows, if worker rejects stating that 'all pages needs to be stamped'.
Then you go to AR and claim 'it is unfair' because it was official letterhead.

Bank wallas!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:33 pm

t1s2010 wrote:I am curious, which bank you are talking about? ICICI does stamp on all pages.
t1s2010 wrote:Bank wallas!!!
t1s2010, not every member of the forum / applicant is from India or able to understand your native language.

regards

ukvisa2010
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisa2010 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Tell me about it! It's a European bank that I will leave nameless for the moment. I am applying from the US after living in Europe up until August. It's been a trying experience to try to get the statements at all to the US in a timely manner.

This is my second time applying as the first time there were certain wording on my salary statement in another language. I take full responsibility for that on my part. Strangely, they accepted an print out of the English bank translation without a stamp when I tried to rectify the situation.

I've gotten the statements translated by a certified translator along with the bank codes as stated on my refusal and gotten the correct statement with the bank stamp on bank letterhead for my maintenance fee for July to September.

The first time the bank wrote a note on bank card stock but this time would not do it and said they would only stamp the first page of each statement. I had to have a friend go into the bank and just beg for that part of it. As it's on bank letterhead with the stamp corresponding to the bank account listed on my salary statement, I'm hoping the ECO will see with the translations that I have done everything possible. I know "hoping" isn't the best route.

I will try one last time to see if I can get anything from the bank however they are very stubborn after being on the phone with them 4 days straight and hearing, no, no, no, no, we cannot help you, no, no, no, in this country that is enough.