ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS urgent consideration..time???

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:54 am

HEY guys,

Just some update on my visa application. i have posted my tier 2 visa application without CoS. was kind of hoping that i will get CoS (PSW to Tier 2) in last months panel. CoS request was refused. i have done biometric. applied for COS for next month panel. not sure though how long UKBA will hold on to my application.

@shcumi--> sory for late reply got ur message. hope above message wil update u with my situation

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks pokale2600, i have also applied without CoS and still havent received any invitation for biometric.

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Shcumi,

When did u submit ur application?? hav u recieved acknowledgement letter frm UKBA saying they hav recived ur application. In my case i got biometric enrollment booking apointment form and acknowledgement letter after 2 weeks i submitted my application.

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi Pokale2600

I sent it on 14th and money deducted on 15th morning from account, havent got any letter yet.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:20 pm

pokale2600 wrote:HEY guys,

Just some update on my visa application. i have posted my tier 2 visa application without CoS. was kind of hoping that i will get CoS (PSW to Tier 2) in last months panel. CoS request was refused. i have done biometric. applied for COS for next month panel. not sure though how long UKBA will hold on to my application.

@shcumi--> sory for late reply got ur message. hope above message wil update u with my situation
i am confused here.....

so.. are you saying that you can apply for tier 2 without having a COS? surely, this constitutes an invalid application since you have submitted incomplete app.

what happens when you have submitted your app, done your biometrics, and during the "waiting" period, your visa expires? does your leave get extended because of outstanding app?

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:25 pm

arsenal49 wrote:what happens when you have submitted your app, done your biometrics, and during the "waiting" period, your visa expires? does your leave get extended because of outstanding app?
See also If Tier 2 application gets refused??

regards

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:03 am

Hello all,

some update from my side. UKBA panel came back to us Yday saying Our request for additional CoS (PSW TO Tier 2) was unsuccessful. My tier 2 application which was sent without CoS has been refused today. Though they gave me a chance to appeal against there decision not sure on what ground i/ company is going to appeal against decision. Seems like i am done with UK.
Last edited by pokale2600 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

pricesoft

Post by pricesoft » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:17 am

@Pokale2600 I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so painful to have been a victim of such a disorganized system and unreasonable system.

I don't know how much you really want to fight this but you may want to seek the advice of a good solicitor. Of course it may cost you quite a bit but if you have the resources to do this then it may be worth it.

I'm in a similar situation, the only difference being that my company was lucky to have received an initial allocation. Unfortunately, they selected the wrong job category when applying for my CoS which resulted in me being refused a Tier2 visa because I didn't satisfy the minimum salary requirement for that job category. I was given the right to appeal and it is in a few days.

I wish you all the best and I hope you are able to come to some sort of resolution.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Does this mean that anybody who is in non-shortage occupation list, even if employer has conducted resident labour market test, and anybody on PSW should not waste their time and energy.. and lose hope for their COS request??? :cry:

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi Amit (Pokale2000).

Can you please confirm the reason they gave you for refusing the COS this time?

Thanks.
Ashley.

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:50 am

Hi Ashleyransoo,

reason UKBA gave me is,

You have not currently been awarded any of the Tier 2 (General) CoS you requested. This decision has been made in accordance with the guidance and rankings detailed within the Sponsor Guidance.

J_PO
Newly Registered

Post by J_PO » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:10 am

pricesoft wrote:@Pokale2600 I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so painful to have been a victim of such a disorganized system and unreasonable system.

I don't know how much you really want to fight this but you may want to seek the advice of a good solicitor. Of course it may cost you quite a bit but if you have the resources to do this then it may be worth it.

I'm in a similar situation, the only difference being that my company was lucky to have received an initial allocation. Unfortunately, they selected the wrong job category when applying for my CoS which resulted in me being refused a Tier2 visa because I didn't satisfy the minimum salary requirement for that job category. I was given the right to appeal and it is in a few days.

I wish you all the best and I hope you are able to come to some sort of resolution.
Hi Pricesoft,
when your employer was issued an initial allocation of COS, what was your salary level and was it for a new hire or extension? What panel month did you get it?

pricesoft

Post by pricesoft » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:44 am

Hi J_PO,

It was for a new hire on the same job position I held whilst I was on a PSW with the same employer. I have been with the same employer for 2 years now and I was switching from a PSW which meant that my sponsor needn't carry out the RLMT. My salary at the point of applying in july was 26400 but unfortunately my employer selected a wrong job category when filing the CoS which meant that the UKBA adjudged my position to be somewhat higher than it actually is. I work as a web developer but the home office decided my application as though my job title is a systems developer with a minimum salary of around 31000.

Keep in mind that our CoS allocation was given to us in July (as part of our initial allocation for the year) which means that we didn't go through a panel to get our CoS.

I see you have just been given an allocation, I would advise you look through your application throroughly to make sure that you are satisfying every required requirement. especially the minimum salary requirement.

Wish you good luck

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Re: COS processing time Tier 2

Post by roadkill1979 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:14 am

dr_smmr wrote:Hi, .I have been offered job from NHS on 21st July. I came to know that fees for Certficate Of Sponsorship has been sent on 21st August. I am still waiting for certificate of Sponsor to apply for tier 2.''' So its about one month since sending the application.I am really worried about my sponsor certificate.

Can anybody give idea actually how long its take to issue COS number , please
Can you update your situation at present ??