ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early application for Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MICKS

Post by MICKS » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:50 pm

My Extension is due in April 2012, but frankly I am appaled at the Home Office Behaviour with recent rules changes....(i.e. they can do anything in future)....

Even though I am 1.5 years away, if I am elidgible, should I apply for an extension now or basically spend the next year and half thinking that I might wake up on morning and hear that I don't qualify.....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 pm

A recent case.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:14 pm

MICKS wrote:My Extension is due in April 2012, but frankly I am appaled at the Home Office Behaviour with recent rules changes....(i.e. they can do anything in future)....

Even though I am 1.5 years away, if I am elidgible, should I apply for an extension now or basically spend the next year and half thinking that I might wake up on morning and hear that I don't qualify.....
Your choice.

regards

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:31 am

MICKS wrote:My Extension is due in April 2012, but frankly I am appaled at the Home Office Behaviour with recent rules changes....(i.e. they can do anything in future)....

Mine's up around the same time.
We still have a bit of time before April 2011, to see what the official position is regarding those already here. If it's too onerous, then we just apply now :)

sojan

Post by sojan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 pm

I feel, any extension should be done carefully, coz if HO says the time for ILR has been extended to 6 years, then the entire planning will go..

I would wait for an official word from HO regarding settlement before the extensions...

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:01 am

I got early extension in April 2009 and I applied exactly 9 months early. Got stamped from April to end of exactly 5 yrs. So actually the visa was more than 3 years. Dont know whether this is the case for all early extension. May be I just got lucky :) plus didnt provide any reason at all.

wen2uk
Newly Registered

Post by wen2uk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:23 pm

I did apply by post 5 month before my current HSMP expiry and I got mine extended from the expiry of the current HSMP. I didn't provide any reason in my application.