ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How accurate is Royal Mail special delivery service?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bullet_dodger
Newly Registered

Post by bullet_dodger » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi guys ... finally i got my ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER today !!! dated : 27th OCT 2010.... That was the day they received my application.... now its a fingers crossed wait for the result of application...

ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE NOW??? its already been more than 2 weeks :(

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:11 am

bullet_dodger wrote:Hi guys ... finally i got my ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER today !!! dated : 27th OCT 2010.... That was the day they received my application.... now its a fingers crossed wait for the result of application...

ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE NOW??? its already been more than 2 weeks :(

Congrats on the letter, and be patient, there are guys who are waiting for more than 4 weeks, HO is quite busy these days, good luck

ichbalanke
Newly Registered

Post by ichbalanke » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi,

I sent my application along with my wife's on Sat 13 Nov and got the special delivery next day service (that means Mon <1pm). It's Tuesday and the tracking page still says: "Your item with reference ZW*******GB has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery. "

I came here to find some reassurance and I guess I found a way to get some, at least, by checking if the postal orders have been cashed. All the stories poured here end the same way: their apps were received (or collected from the PO box) 1 or 2 days later and the Post Office service keeping saying the same, but no applications lost at all. Hopefully my story won't be different :-/ I'll post my time lines once I got more info.

Thank you to those who take the time to answer!