ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply for Visitor visa after rejected dependent case?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kasturi75

Post by kasturi75 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Hello everyone,
Could you please advise me on my above query please???

Thanks.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 pm

How have HER circumstances changed since the last visitor visa?

That's what you need to show. You have to show why she will leave at the end of the visa. This is almost directly contradictory to what you have to show for the dependant visa. So you need to make your choice for what you want in the long run.

M.

kasturi75

Post by kasturi75 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:17 am

Thanks MPH80, Nothing has been changed for last one year except her age & 3 visits i have made to Sri Lanka during last year. I know what you are tring to say. If i make a strong visit visa case then it may cost her dependent visa in long run. This is the gamble we have to take.

From my end we are now under ILR (it was HSMP last time) so would that be a strong point to consider her visit visa? Anyway how do we win this challenge and get visit visa granted without damaging to our long run targets?

In our current situation I need her to come down here ASAP at least for 6months to stay with us as my wife strugling to complete her exams while doing her job and family stuffs.

Please can you think about any possibility of making a successfull visit visa case in this situation??

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:48 am

Your need to have her so your wife can complete her studies . Not exactly compelling circumstances.
You will need to be clear about what the real reasons are and does she intend to visit or stay ?
pennyless

kasturi75

Post by kasturi75 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:34 am

She is in compelling circumstances as I explained above postes. She is fully depending on me, I am the only child & no close relatives at home. But due to current immigtation controls it looks like impossible to make a dependent visa case until her age 65. So we thought not to apply dependent at this stage. But now we are in a situation where we need her to visit us at least for short period.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:12 am

Let's be nice and clear about the visitor visa:

You have to prove she will return. You've made an attempt to prove she won't 2 years ago. Now you're going to try to prove she will. You will have to show what's changed to make that case. But, as you've said, nothing has - so I don't see how you'll get this one past them and if you do - you'll blow your chances under the dependant visa unless something changes again.

Saying 'we want her here to help us' - is NOT a good idea for a visitor visa. This may be construed as child care and is not allowed under a visitor visa.

Your alternative is to apply (again) for the dependant visa - but you have to show that (if she is still under 65) that she has the most exceptional compassionate circumstances.

Simply not having family around is not 'the most exceptional compassionate circumstances'. Plenty of people live around the world and don't have family near by.

Examples might include - being lonely, poor AND severely ill.

You're also going to have to prove why those other family members who are around can't look after her or support her.

Make the next move carefully.