ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Visa for Non-Eu Irish wife but applying under EU .

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

laspo24

Re: hi

Post by laspo24 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:50 pm

fatty patty wrote:
laspo24 wrote:
ciaramc wrote:Yes it is long stay wife of EU spouse not wife of Irish spouse which the Embassy tried to make me apply for! will send you a private mail with details!
could anybody advise me on what way will be easier to apply for Irish visa as me and my wife have wedding to attend in match. She is Irish and I got my UK residency through EU law as she has been exercise her treaty right and still does .
Any advise will be helpful.
If you are a family member of EU citizen you can travel with your EU spouse to anywhere in EU without having to get a visa as per EU family directive but this applies to schengen states.
Do they a need a visa?
If you are an EU national but your family members are not, they can accompany or join you in another EU country. They must carry a valid passport at all times and, depending on the country where they are from, they may also be required to show an entry visa at the border.

Your non-EU spouse, (grand)parents or (grand)children do not need to get a visa from the country they are travelling to if :

that country is in the Schengen area (see list below) and they have a residence permit or visa from another Schengen country,

or

they are travelling with you or travelling to join you and have a residence card issued by an EU country (except the country you are a national of). The residence card should clearly state that the holder is a family member of an EU national.

Countries in the Schengen area

Austria
Hungary
Norway
Belgium
Iceland
Poland
Czech Republic
Italy
Portugal
Denmark
Latvia
Slovakia
Estonia
Lithuania
Slovenia
Finland
Luxembourg
Spain
France
Malta
Sweden
Germany
Netherlands
Switzerland
Greece

Your registered partner and extended family - siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and so on - can ask the authorities in an EU country to officially recognise them as family members of an EU national. If they obtain recognition, they won't need a visa to enter that country - they will receive the same treatment as your spouse, parents and children.

EU countries do not have to recognise registered partners and extended family as your family members but they do at least have to consider the request.

To avoid problems, contact the consulate or embassy of the country to which you are travelling well in advance to find out which documents your non-EU family member will be asked to present at the border. This will help to avoid unpleasant situations such as non-EU family members being refused entry because they do not have the required documents.

Be aware that some countries may fail to apply EU law correctly and your non-EU family members may be denied some of their rights, as described here.

If you have problems, you can always contact our assistance services.

Applying for a visa
If your non-EU family members need an entry visa, they should apply for one in advance from the consulate or embassy of the country they wish to travel to. Their application should be processed quickly and free of charge.

Countries which are members of the passport-free Schengen area should deliver visas within 15 days except in rare and duly justified cases. In all the other countries - Bulgaria, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the United Kingdom - visas should also be delivered as quickly as possible.

The documents that your non-EU family member needs to apply for a visa may vary from country to country. Before travelling to another country, contact the consulate or embassy of that country to find out what documents your non-EU family members must submit with their visa application.

source: http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citizens ... dex_en.htm

But you can apply for Irish visa in the Irish embassy it will be given to you free of charge.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=33706
Ireland is not Schengen country. Does it mean that I must get a visa before travelling to Ireland with my wife?

fatty patty

Re: hi

Post by fatty patty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:34 pm

laspo24 wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
laspo24 wrote:
ciaramc wrote:Yes it is long stay wife of EU spouse not wife of Irish spouse which the Embassy tried to make me apply for! will send you a private mail with details!
could anybody advise me on what way will be easier to apply for Irish visa as me and my wife have wedding to attend in match. She is Irish and I got my UK residency through EU law as she has been exercise her treaty right and still does .
Any advise will be helpful.
If you are a family member of EU citizen you can travel with your EU spouse to anywhere in EU without having to get a visa as per EU family directive but this applies to schengen states.
Do they a need a visa?
If you are an EU national but your family members are not, they can accompany or join you in another EU country. They must carry a valid passport at all times and, depending on the country where they are from, they may also be required to show an entry visa at the border.

Your non-EU spouse, (grand)parents or (grand)children do not need to get a visa from the country they are travelling to if :

that country is in the Schengen area (see list below) and they have a residence permit or visa from another Schengen country,

or

they are travelling with you or travelling to join you and have a residence card issued by an EU country (except the country you are a national of). The residence card should clearly state that the holder is a family member of an EU national.

Countries in the Schengen area

Austria
Hungary
Norway
Belgium
Iceland
Poland
Czech Republic
Italy
Portugal
Denmark
Latvia
Slovakia
Estonia
Lithuania
Slovenia
Finland
Luxembourg
Spain
France
Malta
Sweden
Germany
Netherlands
Switzerland
Greece

Your registered partner and extended family - siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and so on - can ask the authorities in an EU country to officially recognise them as family members of an EU national. If they obtain recognition, they won't need a visa to enter that country - they will receive the same treatment as your spouse, parents and children.

EU countries do not have to recognise registered partners and extended family as your family members but they do at least have to consider the request.

To avoid problems, contact the consulate or embassy of the country to which you are travelling well in advance to find out which documents your non-EU family member will be asked to present at the border. This will help to avoid unpleasant situations such as non-EU family members being refused entry because they do not have the required documents.

Be aware that some countries may fail to apply EU law correctly and your non-EU family members may be denied some of their rights, as described here.

If you have problems, you can always contact our assistance services.

Applying for a visa
If your non-EU family members need an entry visa, they should apply for one in advance from the consulate or embassy of the country they wish to travel to. Their application should be processed quickly and free of charge.

Countries which are members of the passport-free Schengen area should deliver visas within 15 days except in rare and duly justified cases. In all the other countries - Bulgaria, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the United Kingdom - visas should also be delivered as quickly as possible.

The documents that your non-EU family member needs to apply for a visa may vary from country to country. Before travelling to another country, contact the consulate or embassy of that country to find out what documents your non-EU family members must submit with their visa application.

source: http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citizens ... dex_en.htm

But you can apply for Irish visa in the Irish embassy it will be given to you free of charge.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=33706
Ireland is not Schengen country. Does it mean that I must get a visa before travelling to Ireland with my wife?

I think so dude by looking at above, but what i dont understand is that freedom of movement is for whole of EU which includes all nations in EU so why it don't apply in UK/IRL.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 pm

We applied for join EEA spouse! NOT the Irish spouse visa....we also asked for multi entry which we got, you have to attach a letter outlining that your applying under eu treaty rights!

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:12 pm

ciaramc wrote:We applied for join EEA spouse! NOT the Irish spouse visa....we also asked for multi entry which we got, you have to attach a letter outlining that your applying under eu treaty rights!
EEA Spouse Visa? I guess in your case you and your hubby are relocating to Ireland while mine is just to visit due to friends wedding... do i still need to apply for EEA spouse Visa ? as me and my wife are currently residing in United Kingdom and not looking to relocate.

The link below is giving me a different info.
http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/Lon ... 200109.pdf

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 pm

laspo24 wrote:
ciaramc wrote:We applied for join EEA spouse! NOT the Irish spouse visa....we also asked for multi entry which we got, you have to attach a letter outlining that your applying under eu treaty rights!
EEA Spouse Visa? I guess in your case you and your hubby are relocating to Ireland while mine is just to visit due to friends wedding... do i still need to apply for EEA spouse Visa ? as me and my wife are currently residing in United Kingdom and not looking to relocate.
Yes. The reason for entry is the same (family member of an EU national). Duration of intended stay is irrelevant.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:49 am

oh and i forgot to mention we also visited Ireland with the accompanying EEA spouse, and explained to the Embassy that I was not applying for a Irish spouse visa......they issued it two days later after I spoke to the consul! With the Irish spouse visa....you need hotel/flights etc, with the EEA spouse visa you need nothing!

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:11 pm

ciaramc wrote:oh and i forgot to mention we also visited Ireland with the accompanying EEA spouse, and explained to the Embassy that I was not applying for a Irish spouse visa......they issued it two days later after I spoke to the consul! With the Irish spouse visa....you need hotel/flights etc, with the EEA spouse visa you need nothing!
For some reasons, cant find the right form to fill for EEA spouse Visa. this whole thing is confusing at time. the Irish embassy website is not helpful either lol. Any link to the form will be of great help thanks.
Don't want to take chances of going without visa and at the end get sent back. Traveling by road though which is rare for them to stop us.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:50 am

Laspo - where are you applying from?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:36 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:Ciaramc, can u advise what type of visa your husband applied for? I'm Irish and myself and the wife are moving home to Ireland later this year and intend to use Surinder Singh, but I'm not sure what visa she has to apply for. I think it's a Long Stay she needs, correct?
Any visa should be fine. You should make clear in a cover letter that you having been working in another EU member state and are reentering Ireland with your wife on the basis of the Singh ECJ decision.

Be sure to keep copies of everything you give to the Irish. And when you are traveling to Ireland, carry everything with you. I would also suggest you print out and read a copy of Singh.