ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Over worked

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:53 pm

HO just call HMRC and HMRC confirms like "ya man, i know this idiot..came from some asian country under tier 4..but doing more than 20 hours here..brother, can u plz do our nationa a big favor?? kick this idiot out from our country" !!!
LOLz .... nice one
N/A

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:05 am

HMRC/Home Office partnership agreement

They might not do it as standard practise for all applications, but they definitely have the means to do so.

Also note that the document quoted by wf refers to out of country applications from Pakistan. This applicant will be applying in-country - the systems when applying in-country are much more integrated.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:51 am

"HO just call HMRC and HMRC confirms like "ya man, i know this idiot..came from some asian country under tier 4..but doing more than 20 hours here..brother, can u plz do our nationa a big favor?? kick this idiot out from our country" !!!

mahdyhasan stop behaving like a RETARD...and please your attempt to adapt to the ghetto is a miserable failure so please stick to your native language(hopefully atleast people will understand and you will not sound like an idiot)

And by the way people on Student Visas and PSW abusing the system should be kicked out of the country (Exactly what Theressa May is doing)

Thanks for the information mulderpf

mahdyhasan
Newly Registered

Post by mahdyhasan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 pm

bobobo wrote:
And by the way people on Student Visas and PSW abusing the system should be kicked out of the country (Exactly what Theressa May is doing)

aha...so, it was you who gave Theressa this advice!!! ... :lol:

btw, on the basis of bobobo's statement, people on other visas except student and PWS can abuse the system if they wish..Theressa and bobobo won't mind :twisted:

mahdyhasan
Newly Registered

Post by mahdyhasan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:33 pm

@bobobo.... please read, read and read..then read again...now u can speak if u want..

mahdyhasan wrote: well, I'd say u better tick 'NO' as they barely go further to check the hours u worked..If you so unfortunate then it might happen..but if you tick 'YES', they will never give you visa..
well, at the end, it's ur choice..:-)
good luck

mahdyhasan wrote:every public sector has different rules and regulations and policies regarding their customers' information.. one sector cannot just call and get the information they want..one must goes through a certain procedure..

Thus HO cannot find out the hours you worked unless they really want to go that far
mahdyhasan wrote:Lets put this in other way..HO doesn't do all different checks but they can do if they really want..But like i said, HO has to do it through a proper procedure and it takes time

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Abuse in student visa is understandable, just wondering how a person can abuse PSW; by working fewer hours? Besides Theresa May by herself don’t have a clue what exactly she is doing.

Talking exploitation of system; above one million people out there, gave their votes to Lib-Dams with this understanding they will legalize their stay, but as likewise other promises this pledge evaporate into the thin air too. 2012 is a year for another General Election marks my words.
N/A

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:01 pm

PSW is being abused as people on PSW visas are woking in Burger Kings and driving cabs etc... ideally with a PSW visa people should be doing a skilled job and not any job that a local can do.....

mahdyhasan after reading your post I still say you are giving wrong advice.... Who are you to say:
as they barely go further to check the hours u worked

They have the option available and can conduct these checks...so you telling some one to to tick NO on their application form is Wrong....

I hope you get this now.......

mahdyhasan
Newly Registered

Post by mahdyhasan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:15 pm

bobobo wrote:PSW is being abused as people on PSW visas are woking in Burger Kings and driving cabs etc... ideally with a PSW visa people should be doing a skilled job and not any job that a local can do.....

ahh... now you talk.. look smarter, do you think people with PSW visas work in Burger King or McDonalds due to getting more money?? Government allows them to do work here, but cannot assure the job availability.. so, what should those PEOPLE do who spend triple money than local students do in college or university during 3 years of study?? Should they go back since they cannot get any skilled job??

everyone says there's no discrimination but everyone knows there is..

people can talk about ethics so easily.. i don't know what they will do if they are forced to put their feet into those shoes' who are suffering out there...

you know what?? I will rather advice people to become illegal..at least you have hope then..at least they will make you legal.. so guys, just tear all of your papers up; if they ask you anything, just say 'i don't know who i am..i can remember nothing'..

Who are you to say:

because I have seen many of them doing more than 20 hours and extending their visas..because one government agency cannot just access into another government agency's information...does that make sense??? (should do if you are not dumb)

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 pm

bobobo wrote:ahh... now you talk.. look smarter, do you think people with PSW visas work in Burger King or McDonalds due to getting more money?? Government allows them to do work here, but cannot assure the job availability.. so, what should those PEOPLE do who spend triple money than local students do in college or university during 3 years of study?? Should they go back since they cannot get any skilled job??
everyone says there's no discrimination but everyone knows there is..
people can talk about ethics so easily.. i don't know what they will do if they are forced to put their feet into those shoes' who are suffering out there...
you know what?? I will rather advice people to become illegal..at least you have hope then..at least they will make you legal.. so guys, just tear all of your papers up; if they ask you anything, just say 'i don't know who i am..i can remember nothing'..
Quote:
Who are you to say:
because I have seen many of them doing more than 20 hours and extending their visas..because one government agency cannot just access into another government agency's information...does that make sense??? (should do if you are not dumb)
#

Its like speaking to a Brick Wall...... Do yourself a favour never open your mouth and argue on things unless you have the intellect to support you....
Govt Agencies all work in tandem and the information is available to them freely....They might choose not to use it (You are in no position to asssume they dont)but that doesnt mean they do not have access to information. The HO also ask you if you have any criminal convictions etc etc... for a reason.....

Forms in the United Kingdom are not completed under oath.

(I hope you understand the last line was a bit of ol sarcasm)

mahdyhasan
Newly Registered

Post by mahdyhasan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:52 pm

bobobo wrote:
but that doesnt mean they do not have access to information.

when did i say "they do not have access to information" or something like that?? u know why i quoted couple of my previous posts?? just to make u understood what exactly i am talking about and what exactly i am doing here (of course not advising others)..

but seems like i have to shut myself up since you are an undercover HO officer who delivers all information secretly and privately to Theressa May..there's a blue print of all students who are working more than 20 hours and the people under PSW who are working in Burger King... AND it's time to kick'em out...

who will help them?? who will??? we need a superhero...the WORLD needs a superhero..
and the superhero's name is...................Hybrid..

ahh...i love filmmaking.. :lol:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Cool it folks! Anyone posting taunting or unnecessarily provocative posts will find their post could well be deleted and their membership of this board deleted.

If you disagree with someone - no problem - but do so without losing respect for one another!

regards

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 pm

bobobo wrote:PSW is being abused as people on PSW visas are woking in Burger Kings and driving cabs etc... ideally with a PSW visa people should be doing a skilled job and not any job that a local can do....
I think you are mixing PSW with HSMP. It’s a Post Study Work Visa not Highly Skills Migrant Programme. You can get it after certain qualifications in UK, and can do any kind of employment with no need of work permit its kind of bridge between low skill and high skill jobs. For instance as you said PSW visa holder are working in Burger King, which is low skill but in this same company they got management opportunities available as well.
http://www.bkcareers.co.uk/management.aspx
Working in any job is not a job for a life, 99% people struggle and move on. Especially those who left their families, friends, and festivals in their back homes for their future in this country, trust me they don’t stand still they have to move ahead.
Further details about Post Study Work Visa are available
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... poststudy/
N/A

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:32 am

tier4, even the PSW route is exploited...People do work menial jobs. there is a reason why the HO have said that for PSW you should atleast be agraduate or have a qualification. Otherwise it would be like a prolonged working holiday maker visa mate.

I am in no way trying to belittle people who work at BK or mcdonald, rather I feel sorry for them that though they are qualified enough they are doing these kind of jobs.

HO have also issues a statement saying that there were about 38k+ psw visas issued in the UK where almost 80% of the UK graduates were without jobs...

HO wouldnt have tightened the rules if they were not being exploited clearly.

After all no changes were made to the AUSTRALIAN WHM visa

food for thought....

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:47 am

bobobo wrote:tier4, even the PSW route is exploited...People do work menial jobs. there is a reason why the HO have said that for PSW you should atleast be agraduate or have a qualification. Otherwise it would be like a prolonged working holiday maker visa mate.

I am in no way trying to belittle people who work at BK or mcdonald, rather I feel sorry for them that though they are qualified enough they are doing these kind of jobs.

HO have also issues a statement saying that there were about 38k+ psw visas issued in the UK where almost 80% of the UK graduates were without jobs...

HO wouldnt have tightened the rules if they were not being exploited clearly.

After all no changes were made to the AUSTRALIAN WHM visa

food for thought....
I never read any where HO said PSW should have at least a graduate level job, not even in their own made in UK point base calculator, otherwise they could mention it clearly.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

It can’t be a WHM visa because the terms of working holiday visa are different. It stands for part of your stay relates to holiday and part of it working.

Been a long time I am here I never seen any foreigner working for “this kind of jobâ€
N/A

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:19 pm

this is fast turning to a hate thread....

to the original poster.....

it is possible to have tax deducted even if you are working 20 hours a week on average... students can work unlimited hours during xmas break , easter and summer. So, the fact that you have your income taxed is not enough to make caseworker suspicious.

i think, you will be ok because the statements that you are producing have no record of second job. obviously, the deed has been done and ideally speaking, you shouldnt haave done more than 20 hours BUT.... there is no point in you saying yes to that question about breaching immigration laws...cuz that would mean automatic ban of atleast 1 year.

if you want to... you can make an out of country application and i am sure they wont worry themelves with looking at your NI contributions etc etc cuz you are not IN the country!.

the choice is yours... tough decision but only you can make decision!

regards