ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switchiing from Tier 4 to Tier 1 before completion of course

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ricky37d
Newly Registered

Post by ricky37d » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:03 am

A student visa application generally takes months of planning and processing, it is not a week's process. So if the changes came into affect 23rd dec, its easy to say that the student visa was being processed long before this day.

Now my intent could have been to switch after my studies but since they discontinued tier 1 - I am using my situation to my benefit

Is this not enough for the intention? IMO..

ricky37d
Newly Registered

Post by ricky37d » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:00 pm

mulderpf wrote:You definitely can be refused. While it's fine to say that if you get the points you get in, many people are refused because of false representations, even if they get the points with the false representation (albeit mostly in the form of false documents).

In this case the false representation would be the non-disclosure of material facts. Obviously this up to interpretation, but if they wish to refuse you for this, it's very possible.
A student visa application generally takes months of planning and processing, it is not a week's process. So if the changes came into affect 23rd dec, its easy to say that the student visa was being processed long before this day.

Now my intent could have been to switch after my studies but since they discontinued tier 1 - I am using my situation to my benefit

Is this not enough for the intention? IMO..

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:26 pm

I don't know - are you willing to take the risk?

If you apply for the Tier 1, you are showing that you want to work and not study. If your Tier 1 is refused and you showed them that you don't want to study anymore, where does that leave you with your Tier 4?

Don't get me wrong, this is not cut & dry, it could very well also depend on the officer you get on the day reviewing your case. Personally, I would not take the risk.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 pm

The OP has to understand that HO takes decisions on the documentary evidence not morals/ethics.There's nothing stopping anyone to apply for T1G once inside UK and switching from student as it's the only way till 5th April.If the system/loophole allows a certain activity by lawful means then there's nothing wrong in it and people who discourage this have T1G in the pocket and free to a fowl cry with glory.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:54 pm

completely agreed

capricornianz
BANNED

Post by capricornianz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 pm

rizwan567 wrote:completely agreed
Does anyone know the outcome of this case?