ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife visa got rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Passport submission letter

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:59 am

sheraz_aries wrote:Although in the above mention list they have not mentioned that the main applicant should have atleast six months visa to be apply for dependant visa, but I did hear some where that main applicant should have six months visa to apply for a dependant visa application.
There is no such requirement.

Your dependant will be issued entry clearance that will have the same expiry date as on your current leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:16 pm

What date does it say on the call letter also did u get it or the applicant.

sheraz_aries wrote:Hi guys
We have received the letter from dubai embassy for passport submission.

In the letter they have mentioned that:

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

§  This letter. Your passport will not be accepted at the UK Visa Application Centre if you fail to present this letter.
§  Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
§  2 recent passport size photograph taken against white back ground.
§  Passport copy of the sponsor showing current Immigration status.
§  Copy of valid TB certificate.

Although in the above mention list they have not mentioned that the main applicant should have atleast six months visa to be apply for dependant visa, but I did hear some where that main applicant should have six months visa to apply for a dependant visa application.

Here I would also like to mention that at the time, the entry clearence application was filled, main applicant had 18 months visa, and its all get delayed because of wrong decission taken by entry clearence officer, that was proven wrong by immigration judge.

Any replies would be really appreciated.

Thanks

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Yas2010 wrote:What date does it say on the call letter also did u get it or the applicant.

sheraz_aries wrote:Hi guys
We have received the letter from dubai embassy for passport submission.

In the letter they have mentioned that:

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

§  This letter. Your passport will not be accepted at the UK Visa Application Centre if you fail to present this letter.
§  Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
§  2 recent passport size photograph taken against white back ground.
§  Passport copy of the sponsor showing current Immigration status.
§  Copy of valid TB certificate.

Although in the above mention list they have not mentioned that the main applicant should have atleast six months visa to be apply for dependant visa, but I did hear some where that main applicant should have six months visa to apply for a dependant visa application.

Here I would also like to mention that at the time, the entry clearence application was filled, main applicant had 18 months visa, and its all get delayed because of wrong decission taken by entry clearence officer, that was proven wrong by immigration judge.

Any replies would be really appreciated.

Thanks
I received it via email. And what difference the data would make?
Many Thanks

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:11 pm

We have submitted the dependent visa again after got rejected earlier at Gerrys visa office - Karachi.

Any idea how long it takes?

And Is there a way to track the application?

The number we got starts with KHAR/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/X
Many Thanks

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Anyone?
Many Thanks

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:07 am

You got ur passport back yet

sheraz_aries wrote:Anyone?

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:32 am

Yas2010 wrote:You got ur passport back yet

sheraz_aries wrote:Anyone?

Not yet

Any body no any timelines?
Many Thanks

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:28 am

Just to tell you my story which is similar to yours.
Back in December 2008, i pplied for Wife's visa immediately after marriage, 2 weeks later they sent a letter of rejection stating two reasons.
1. No photographs provided.
2. Husbands visa copy not provided.
The first reason was absolutely foolsh. And second reason was crap because my HSMP visa copy was there in the application. Exactly as your case I had signed 4 copy's of Nikahnama at the time of marriage (4 in Urdu and one in English). I had also got it registered with the Foriegn office. HO never returned my original Nikahnama in English.
I had to end up appealing cause i knew i would win the case. I was given an appeal date in March 2009 and it took the judge 10 min to rule in my favour since the judge found in baffling that the visa was rejected in the first place.
I got a letter confirming the winning of appeal and instructions to HO to issue the visa, 3 weeks after the appeal decision in April 2009.
I waited for HO in Islamabad to issue my wife a letter to submitt her passport. My wife called HO Islamabad twice a month in June and July 2009 to ask them of the letter. They kept saying they haven't received any instructions yet from UK HO. Then in August when she called again the same person who my wife has spoken to before said they issued a letter on 13th July 2009 whereas before when my wife called in end July they said they havent received any instructions.
They even said nothing could be done now. I complained to london office of this issue aswell, but nothing was done. Finally the person my wife spoke to earlier asked her to submitt the passport sometime in August 2009. It took about 6 weeks for them to send the passport back from the time my wife submitted the passport.

Somtimes you have to pay for some IDIOT(s) mistake. So be patient. Try calling them and nag them as much as possible if you have a number to call.
Best of Luck.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:48 pm

hsmp_victory wrote:Just to tell you my story which is similar to yours.
Back in December 2008, i pplied for Wife's visa immediately after marriage, 2 weeks later they sent a letter of rejection stating two reasons.
The first reason was absolutely foolsh. And second reason was crap because my HSMP visa copy was there in the application. Exactly as your case I had signed 4 copy's of Nikahnama at the time of marriage (4 in Urdu and one in English). I had also got it registered with the Foriegn office. HO never returned my original Nikahnama in English.
I had to end up appealing cause i knew i would win the case. I was given an appeal date in March 2009 and it took the judge 10 min to rule in my favour since the judge found in baffling that the visa was rejected in the first place.
I got a letter confirming the winning of appeal and instructions to HO to issue the visa, 3 weeks after the appeal decision in April 2009.
I waited for HO in Islamabad to issue my wife a letter to submitt her passport. My wife called HO Islamabad twice a month in June and July 2009 to ask them of the letter. They kept saying they haven't received any instructions yet from UK HO. Then in August when she called again the same person who my wife has spoken to before said they issued a letter on 13th July 2009 whereas before when my wife called in end July they said they havent received any instructions.
They even said nothing could be done now. I complained to london office of this issue aswell, but nothing was done. Finally the person my wife spoke to earlier asked her to submitt the passport sometime in August 2009. It took about 6 weeks for them to send the passport back from the time my wife submitted the passport.

Somtimes you have to pay for some IDIOT(s) mistake. So be patient. Try calling them and nag them as much as possible if you have a number to call.
Best of Luck.
Thnks for the detail reply mate.

Were you given some kind of tranckin number when you submit your passport to get visa stamped?
Many Thanks

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:02 pm

hsmp_victory wrote:Somtimes you have to pay for some IDIOT(s) mistake. So be patient.
I agree with hsmp_victory. I once paid for UKBA's sins, but they never allow me to sin in the slightest possible way. They only reverse stupid decisions when someone threatens to take the matter to court. Hope your wife gets sorted soon mate. Very stressful it is.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Were you given some kind of trancking number when you submit your passport to get visa stamped?
Many Thanks

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:08 pm

hsmp_victory wrote: 2 weeks later they sent a letter of rejection stating two reasons.
The first reason was absolutely foolsh.
hsmp_victory the first reason they refused your wife's application worries me because I am waiting for my wife's outcome. I didn't provide photographs either. i just provided what they asked for (and a whole lot of other evidence which overwhelmingly proves that the wife is mine, and that i have not stolen her from anyone else). Do you mind sharing with me how you argued it out with them? Did you eventually provide them with photographs on appeal? As far as I know, there is nowhere in their rules where a photograph is a mandatory requirement.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:52 pm

ScopeD wrote:
hsmp_victory wrote: 2 weeks later they sent a letter of rejection stating two reasons.
The first reason was absolutely foolsh.
hsmp_victory the first reason they refused your wife's application worries me because I am waiting for my wife's outcome. I didn't provide photographs either. i just provided what they asked for (and a whole lot of other evidence which overwhelmingly proves that the wife is mine, and that i have not stolen her from anyone else). Do you mind sharing with me how you argued it out with them? Did you eventually provide them with photographs on appeal? As far as I know, there is nowhere in their rules where a photograph is a mandatory requirement.
Wedding Photographs are strong evidence to prove that you get married, although its not mentioned specifically buy its comes under "Other related document to prove your relationship". anyways best of luck and hope you get your wife's visa soon.
Many Thanks

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Sheraz: Wedding Photographs are strong evidence to prove that you get married, although its not mentioned specifically buy its comes under "Other related document to prove your relationship". anyways best of luck and hope you get your wife's visa soon.

I have to agree with your statement in general BUT incorrect when you are applying for spouse visa. If they were such a strong evidence the judge would have raised it as an issue in Tribunal. But the fact that the judge only said "I went through this case last night. The fact that nikahnama was provided as the evidence, I couldnot understand why this visa was refused."

If photographs were such a strong proof how come you dont have to provide such a proof with any application made in the UK. The real reason is something diffirent. Wedding photographs are someones private matter and no one can ask/force you to have a look at them. The fact that in a country like my beloved Pakistan, normal educated human beings dont have any rights and are treated same way as some wrong doers from the same country, they are forced to do things which they normally wont do.
Even the HO Islamabad knows about this, hence they have different rules for different countries.
When my wife went to provide her passport she was give a receipt for a record that her passport is with HO Islamabad.
Yes it took me 10 mins in Tribunal to get decision in my favour but it was 10 months of torture not to mention unncessary expenses (legal cost) that i had to bear as well cause of that idiot.

By the way, you missed the fact that it happened in 2007-2008 :D. My wife has been here since Sept 2008.

Scope D: hsmp_victory the first reason they refused your wife's application worries me because I am waiting for my wife's outcome.

I wish you all the best. It cannot be guranteed if they will reject or accept your application based on not showing photographs. I didnot post this to scare you but just to tell you that if you are unlucky and come across an IDIOT, this can happen.
If I didnt provide them photographs before I wasnt going to provide them even in appeal. As I said they have no right to ask for such an evidence.
This problems happens to Pakistanis cause of the force marriage and fake marriage issues.
I know a lot of people who got their visa without providing photographs. But I also know people who not only provided wedding photographs but a wedding DVD!!!! with their application.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:40 am

Just to update you guys, my wife's visa was granted with no problems at all. Thanks guys.