ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed with appealing against EEA FP refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:44 pm

No matter what the purpose of your trip to the UK, you do not need to provide past or future employment information. Even if you are moving to the Uk to work.

You will need to provide evidence that you are working when you are in the UK and apply then for a Residence Card.

Susi
Newly Registered

Post by Susi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Hello Siv.
I hope you have better luck than we had. Our application shouldn't have been rejected as no evidence is needed for first 90 days, but it still was.

About the initial application: we made it 2nd of Dec and got reply right after christmas.
We showed bank statements for roughly 30k USD, and I couldn't show any evidence of employment in Finland because I just came back after spending two years in Australia.
Maybe being unemployed at that moment made me look undesirable person.

After we had got the decision overturned we ran into more difficulties.
My wife had to leave Schengen 2nd of March and it simply was impossible to get passport sent back to us in time, so we sent it to UK embassy in Finland who sent it to Stockholm and we took a ferry to Stockholm and picked it up from there 2nd of March morning and flew to London in the afternoon.
That was a close shave. :)
I sent email to border guard office in Finland what would be the consequences for overstaying in Schengen for couple of days, I still haven't got an answer.

Since we came to UK we both got job within two weeks and we applied residence card which came 3 months after the application, no hassles with it.

Good luck with your application and hope you don't need to go through same trouble than we did.

siv123

EEA family permit UK

Post by siv123 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Susi wrote:Hello Siv.
I hope you have better luck than we had. Our application shouldn't have been rejected as no evidence is needed for first 90 days, but it still was.

About the initial application: we made it 2nd of Dec and got reply right after christmas.
We showed bank statements for roughly 30k USD, and I couldn't show any evidence of employment in Finland because I just came back after spending two years in Australia.
Maybe being unemployed at that moment made me look undesirable person.

After we had got the decision overturned we ran into more difficulties.
My wife had to leave Schengen 2nd of March and it simply was impossible to get passport sent back to us in time, so we sent it to UK embassy in Finland who sent it to Stockholm and we took a ferry to Stockholm and picked it up from there 2nd of March morning and flew to London in the afternoon.
That was a close shave. :)
I sent email to border guard office in Finland what would be the consequences for overstaying in Schengen for couple of days, I still haven't got an answer.

Since we came to UK we both got job within two weeks and we applied residence card which came 3 months after the application, no hassles with it.

Good luck with your application and hope you don't need to go through same trouble than we did.
Last edited by siv123 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm

To apply for a Residence Card, you need to provide:
- the EU and non EU passport
- marriage certificate
- evidence that the EU is working, such as a letter from employer or pay slip

That is pretty much it. It does not matter how much you are earning. You can work part time. And in fact there are options other than working

siv123

Post by siv123 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Dear Susi,
I am still waiting for a reply from British Embassy in Stockholm. 15 working days have passed. No reply so far. Will they send me passport directly to my address in Norway or they send it first to British Embassy in Oslo? Can you please give me a working email address of British embassy in Stockholm.

Regards
Siv
Susi wrote:I got finally answer from Stockolm embassy, after trying to communicate with Worldbridge in vain they gave me working email address.

They told that ECM will have a look at the appeal in the coming weeks, so it has sat on the table more than 6 weeks without anyone even looking at it.

My wife has to leave Schengen area in bit over two weeks time, which is going to cost more money of course.