ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PSW Refused, Appeal Sent, Oral Hearing Scheduled

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:40 pm

yankeedoodle wrote:Okay so I had the hearing, went extremely well. The judge gave a decision there and then:

1. "The appeal under the Immigration Rules is dismissed"
2. "The appeal is allow on human rights grounds"

The on May 13 I was sent a letter stating exactly what the judge had said in court. The letter says each party has 5 days to appeal this decision. Does this mean in a short while I'll be getting another letter stating the OFFICIAL decision?
no - that is the official decision of the tribunal. If no party apply for permission to appeal to the upper tribunal, that will be the final decision.

You need to send a copy of the determination to the relevent caseworking team (who made the original decision) and ask them to grant you leave to remain.

I'm not sure what leave they will give you given that the appeal was allowed on human rights grounds, and not under the immigration rules.